Florida looks better with Murphy back there

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Florida looks better with Murphy back there

Postby SmithsAUFan » September 21st, 2013, 10:23 pm

Than their original starter whatever the fuck his name is.
SmithsAUFan

Team Logo:
Auburn Tigers

Re: Florida looks better with Murphy back there

Postby Citronauts_Knights » September 21st, 2013, 10:29 pm

True story
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby gatrnation1 » September 21st, 2013, 10:30 pm

Murphy's law! :rockin :drunk :chewy
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby Citronauts_Knights » September 21st, 2013, 11:05 pm

Driskel out for the season, so it looks like Murphy will be back there for awhile.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby 08GatorBait » September 22nd, 2013, 4:23 am

Don't be confused. It wasn't he played better, it's we ran an OFFENSE FOR HIM. Which we refused to do with Driskel. Kid still can't make reads like driskel in the pass game BUT he can run the zone option...which Driskel could.

VS Miami 4 zone read plays - 32 yards and a touchdown.

Vs Tenn with Driskel - 0. Murphy 8 plays don't know yards but one touchdown. It's an effective play with refused to run with Driskel and can't explain for the life of me. Neither can progress reads though.

Dunbar did make a sick ass catch though from Murphy the crowd was in applause for like 2 minutes after that cause we haven't had a pass play deep like that in forever...which is just sad
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby wsucougfan88 » September 22nd, 2013, 4:39 am

08GatorBait wrote:Don't be confused. It wasn't he played better, it's we ran an OFFENSE FOR HIM. Which we refused to do with Driskel. Kid still can't make reads like driskel in the pass game BUT he can run the zone option...which Driskel could.

Vs Tenn with Driskel - 0. Murphy 8 plays don't know yards but one touchdown. It's an effective play with refused to run with Driskel and can't explain for the life of me. Neither can progress reads though.

Dunbar did make a sick ass catch though from Murphy the crowd was in applause for like 2 minutes after that cause we haven't had a pass play deep like that in forever...which is just sad

dude driskel is absolutely terrible...
wsucougfan88

Team Logo:
Washington St

Postby 08GatorBait » September 22nd, 2013, 4:41 am

wsucougfan88 wrote:
08GatorBait wrote:Don't be confused. It wasn't he played better, it's we ran an OFFENSE FOR HIM. Which we refused to do with Driskel. Kid still can't make reads like driskel in the pass game BUT he can run the zone option...which Driskel could.

dude driskel is absolutely terrible...

He is. But I'm saying I won't buy the Murphy hype at all. We just did what WE SHOULD have done with Driskel. Tebow couldn't read or throw well either, but we made the offense work around what he could do. Driskel isn't nearly as good but you can make the offense at least remotely decent if you cater it too the QB. We have spread option QB's in a pro system. It makes zero sense.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby Cane_boy » September 22nd, 2013, 5:12 am

Driskel is horrible but I dont consider Murphy any better. They both suck at throwing the ball but at least Murphy can make people miss in space. That is his only advantage over Driskel right now. Florida might as well run the ball 50 times a game and let their defense win games for them.
Cane_boy

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby 08GatorBait » September 22nd, 2013, 5:25 am

Murphy is a fast little fucker. Runs a 4.4...let's just hope he can throw. He did make a very good pass to Dunbar in the third that showed at least the possibility. Was to the shoulder, only the receiver could play the ball and was from the pocket. Still, dude needs to prove it I'm done being positive with this offense.

That and Taylor needs to get the fucking ball. Kelvin Taylor has "security issues" according to the staff...well Jones has fumbled three times this year already. Give the freshman the ball.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby gatrnation1 » September 22nd, 2013, 11:20 am

Considering it was Murphy's first game I'm sure he'll only get better so I think he'll be fine.

Twitter feeds for Driskel yesterday went from his ankle injury to how well Murphy was doing. Funny how quickly things change.
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Return to College Football