2022 FSU vs. Duquesne

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

2022 FSU vs. Duquesne

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » August 28th, 2022, 12:01 am

26-0 FSU at halftime.

-Dumbass playcall going for 2 after the first TD.
-Dumbass play by #7 with a pointless late hit. It's Duquesne, FFS.
-Dubious burning all 3 TOs to force Duquesne to punt with 0:06 left... no real return or block to end the half.

Our OL, RBs look great against this team, though.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: 2022 FSU vs. Duquesne

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » August 28th, 2022, 1:38 am

47-7 final.

M.I.A. better watch out.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » August 29th, 2022, 1:55 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:-Dumbass playcall going for 2 after the first TD.
-Dubious burning all 3 TOs to force Duquesne to punt with 0:06 left... no real return or block to end the half.

I like going for two (for practice and all), but yeah that was a stupid play.

Guy was trying to stay in bounds. He just failed to do so. I'd rather have the penalty than have #7 pull up and watch the guy run down the sidelines for a TD. I don't think it was a bad call by the refs, but I don't like the idea that a guy is untouchable the second his foot touches the sideline. Refs should cut at least as much slack as they do on late hits on QB. Probably would have kept the flag in their pockets if he didn't hit him so hard.

We obviously need practice returning punts, so why not?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » August 29th, 2022, 10:29 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:-Dumbass playcall going for 2 after the first TD.

I like going for two (for practice and all), but yeah that was a stupid play.

Guy was trying to stay in bounds. He just failed to do so. I'd rather have the penalty than have #7 pull up and watch the guy run down the sidelines for a TD. I don't think it was a bad call by the refs, but I don't like the idea that a guy is untouchable the second his foot touches the sideline. Refs should cut at least as much slack as they do on late hits on QB. Probably would have kept the flag in their pockets if he didn't hit him so hard.

We obviously need practice returning punts, so why not?

1. Fair point. It would be really embarrassing if at any point FSU was down something like 7-6 against Duquesne.
2. Yep. He blew the guy up when he was clearly going out of bounds. Do that against a good opponent and it could cost us the game. He needs to wrap up instead of blow up. Knucklehead plays like that have cost FSU before. I think it was 2011 when all/most of Clemson's scoring drives were aided by penalties.
3. Never thought about it like that. I'm hoping it was the wet grass that was causing the PR/KR problems. To be honest if our PR game is that weak, I'd rather just put 11 on the line and block/force a bad punt than watch Pittman or McCall just watch the ball roll towards our end zone. Almost nobody is aggressive with punt blocking anymore when it's actually a really good way to change a game. Just my opinion.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » August 30th, 2022, 2:18 am

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:Dubious burning all 3 TOs to force Duquesne to punt with 0:06 left... no real return or block to end the half.

He muffed the punt out of bounds. We did not know that ahead of time.

Add to your list, going for it on 4th and 7 with deer in headlights Tate Rodemaker. I realize it was too long for a FG and too short for a punt but why? Let the punter get practice pinning them at the goal line. Cost us a shut out. Not that I personally care about shut outs.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » August 30th, 2022, 12:19 pm

FSUKW wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:Dubious burning all 3 TOs to force Duquesne to punt with 0:06 left... no real return or block to end the half.

Add to your list, going for it on 4th and 7 with deer in headlights Tate Rodemaker. I realize it was too long for a FG and too short for a punt but why? Let the punter get practice pinning them at the goal line. Cost us a shut out. Not that I personally care about shut outs.

Rodemaker is gonna be 3rd string now. Probably headed for the portal at the end of the year.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » August 30th, 2022, 1:40 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Rodemaker is gonna be 3rd string now. Probably headed for the portal at the end of the year.

His future involves holding a clipboard. Really surprised a coaches son has turned out so blah.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Return to College Football