FSU-ND

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: FSU-ND

Postby ericberry14 » September 7th, 2021, 12:29 am

It’s also the first game of the season. Who knows what will happen based on 1 game right
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » September 7th, 2021, 1:24 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:I'm wondering if FSU is that much better, or if ND is that much worse. If ND is that much worse, FSU could go 5-7. If ND is a legit top 10 team, FSU could go 9-3.

Also wondering who starts at QB week 3. I think the QBs should see an equal number of snaps against JSU.

I'm pissed that it took a helmet sub to get Milton in. Travis had 3 INTs, 2 of which should have been obvious throwaways that had more hangtime than a Rohn Stark punt. It's harder to blame the last one on him as it was a deflection, but he held onto the ball too long that play. Milton obviously isn't as mobile, but he makes better decisions with the ball.

21 points off turnovers for ND. FSU can't win like that. The fact we made it to overtime makes me think we might actually be better than them overall.

Pass defense and turnovers were putrid last night. Run defense and rushing were great, along with a few great bombs to WRs.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » September 7th, 2021, 1:55 am

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:I'm wondering if FSU is that much better, or if ND is that much worse. If ND is that much worse, FSU could go 5-7. If ND is a legit top 10 team, FSU could go 9-3.

Also wondering who starts at QB week 3. I think the QBs should see an equal number of snaps against JSU.

I'm pissed that it took a helmet sub to get Milton in. Travis had 3 INTs, 2 of which should have been obvious throwaways that had more hangtime than a Rohn Stark punt. It's harder to blame the last one on him as it was a deflection, but he held onto the ball too long that play. Milton obviously isn't as mobile, but he makes better decisions with the ball.

21 points off turnovers for ND. FSU can't win like that. The fact we made it to overtime makes me think we might actually be better than them overall.

Pass defense and turnovers were putrid last night. Run defense and rushing were great, along with a few great bombs to WRs.

Milton played against a 3 man rush. LOL. That was dumb of ND given his arm but they had the lead and went into prevent.

He looked like our usual ass in OT when ND rushed more than 3.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » September 7th, 2021, 9:03 am

I question this too. A good top 10 team wouldn’t allow an 18 point lead to slip away in the 4th quarter.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » September 7th, 2021, 3:56 pm

FSUKW wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:

Milton played against a 3 man rush. LOL. That was dumb of ND given his arm but they had the lead and went into prevent.

It's not easy to find open receivers with 8 in coverage. LOL. Also, they had a 4 or 5 man rush on no less than 3 passing plays while Milton was in during the 4th quarter. LOL.

FSU attempted to throw one time in OT. The OL failed, as usual, not the QB. If the OL blocks #27 *at all*, he hits Toafili for an easy first down.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » September 7th, 2021, 4:01 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:

I question this too. A good top 10 team wouldn’t allow an 18 point lead to slip away in the 4th quarter.

I seem to recall a good top 10 team letting a 28-point lead slip away in the 4th quarter in this same stadium. :thought
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » September 7th, 2021, 7:44 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:

It's not easy to find open receivers with 8 in coverage. LOL. Also, they had a 4 or 5 man rush on no less than 3 passing plays while Milton was in during the 4th quarter. LOL.

FSU attempted to throw one time in OT. The OL failed, as usual, not the QB. If the OL blocks #27 *at all*, he hits Toafili for an easy first down.

Not exactly. Toafili fell. That’s why MM pulled it back. Just got lucky it was a forward pass even if it was ugly.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » September 7th, 2021, 8:48 pm

FSUKW wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:

Not exactly. Toafili fell. That’s why MM pulled it back. Just got lucky it was a forward pass even if it was ugly.

He didn't fall. He slipped during his cut. Maybe lost half a step, but it was too late by then anyway. It likely would have messed up the timing a bit, but I don't think we had a chance on that play.

We needed less than :03 of pass protection. Didn't even get :02.

Again, if the OL blocks #27 *at all* it's an easy first down.

Then again, if the retard center actually gets the ball more than 2" off the ground on 3rd and 7 in the 4th quarter, maybe none of this matters. When did Smith get hurt, anyway? Not sure he played at all in the 2nd half. Baveon Johnson can't snap a ball to save his life. :banghead
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » September 8th, 2021, 10:46 pm

FSUKW wrote:Just got lucky it was a forward pass even if it was ugly.

That wasn't a forward pass. That was a backwards lateral or an outright fumble. When the ball left his grip, it was going back toward him. For some reason the refs didn't absolutely hate us that night and we were on the right side of a couple controversial calls... and we still lost. :sadyes

OL needs work. Seems like it has needed work for at least a decade. :facepalm
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Previous

Return to College Football