Everything That Makes Me Mad About This Playoff!

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Everything That Makes Me Mad About This Playoff!

Postby CraigKressel » December 29th, 2019, 3:23 pm

1. The selection committee giving LSU a bye week after Ohio State beat 3 top 15 teams in a row and had a way better margin of victory, why was LSU forgiven for so many shitty performances?

2. When are they going to quit playing games on that garbage field that failed tray experiment, I feel like it really hurt them in 2006 with Troy Smith slipping and falling everywhere? How can huge playoff games be played on a field where players are playing like it is ice?

3. That fumble overturn is insane, never seen a call like that, I bet ESPN never talks about it like they do the Miami game. WTF is a football move if it isn't running 4 steps.

4. That targeting rule is way too impactful, they really need to change it, you can't have 1 penalty just completely alter a game like that over something that is just about out of the players control. If Lawerence doesn't duck to protect himself at the last second then it probably never would have been called. To make that call from the booth after the fact is just insane, this booth guy really loved to throw himself into the spotlight.

5. I am sick of coaches kicking field goals from the 5 or closer, just go for it from there honestly 3 points isn't even more valuable than the field position barring certain situations obviously like going up 2 scores late in a game. A touchdown is worth more than 2 field goals.

6. Honestly that last play doesn't make sense they should have ran more plays like they did earlier in the drive there was too much time left to go for the endzone.

7. ESPN got their dream wish LSU vs Clemson like they wanted the whole time, committee set it up perfectly with that bullshit move putting LSU 1.

Watch next year Ohio State will go 11-1 or 12-1 and get left out of the playoff by this garbage committee or division system.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Re: Everything That Makes Me Mad About This Playoff!

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » December 30th, 2019, 4:33 am

I've been opposed to this "system" since they started.

You'd rather have Ohio State play 0U? In that case, didn't you lose last time you played them?

Personally I'd rather lose in the semifinals than lose in the championship: losing those is the worst.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » December 30th, 2019, 1:42 pm

Your gripe missed something.

Clemson having to only play shit teams like the Criminoles, is the real problem.

Clemson walked into the playoffs having played a bunch of nobodies and that leads to a much healthier squad.

You could see, from the jump, Clemson was fresher and with less battle wounds due to the shitty conference play of teams like the Criminoles.

But, I definitely don't want to hear yoy bitch about a penalty or overturned call when you have lived off of a Fiasco bowl win that wasn't deserved just the same over UM.

Your team never shows up in the playoffs. Same with OU.

What should happen is the big 10 and 12 should not be allowed to participate in the playoffs because they suck when it matters.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 30th, 2019, 2:04 pm

Jezter13 wrote:Your gripe missed something.

Clemson having to only play shit teams like the Criminoles, is the real problem.

Clemson walked into the playoffs having played a bunch of nobodies and that leads to a much healthier squad.

You could see, from the jump, Clemson was fresher and with less battle wounds due to the shitty conference play of teams like the Criminoles.

But, I definitely don't want to hear yoy bitch about a penalty or overturned call when you have lived off of a Fiasco bowl win that wasn't deserved just the same over UM.

What should happen is the big 10 and 12 should not be allowed to participate in the playoffs because they suck when it matters.

Your obsession with FSU is bizarre. We are one of 12 teams on Clemson's schedule. Are we responsible for the quality of the other 11 opponents as well? If FSU was, say, ranked #15 would that make any difference other than perception?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 30th, 2019, 2:20 pm

CraigKressel wrote:1. The selection committee giving LSU a bye week after Ohio State beat 3 top 15 teams in a row and had a way better margin of victory, why was LSU forgiven for so many shitty performances?

It was a coin toss between OSU and LSU, IMO. It's a shame OU sucks so much dick. That game was boring.

CraigKressel wrote:2. When are they going to quit playing games on that garbage field that failed tray experiment, I feel like it really hurt them in 2006 with Troy Smith slipping and falling everywhere? How can huge playoff games be played on a field where players are playing like it is ice?

I don't know what happened with the field. They don't usually have this issue at that stadium, do they?

CraigKressel wrote:3. That fumble overturn is insane, never seen a call like that, I bet ESPN never talks about it like they do the Miami game. WTF is a football move if it isn't running 4 steps.

We had a call like that several years ago against Miami. WR caught the ball, took 4 steps in the field... took two more going out of bounds as he was tackled, then lost the ball as he hit the ground. 6 steps. Ruled incomplete. But those were ACC refs, so it wasn't all that surprising.

The way the rule is interpreted, it looks like you can take as many steps as you want, but it's not considered a reception until you tuck it away. I agree this is stupid.

CraigKressel wrote:4. That targeting rule is way too impactful, they really need to change it, you can't have 1 penalty just completely alter a game like that over something that is just about out of the players control. If Lawerence doesn't duck to protect himself at the last second then it probably never would have been called. To make that call from the booth after the fact is just insane, this booth guy really loved to throw himself into the spotlight.

I didn't agree with targeting calls in either game. Pussy shit. But FSU probably averages 1 ejection per game for "tackling too hard", so I can't pity other teams for occasionally getting shat upon as well.

CraigKressel wrote:5. I am sick of coaches kicking field goals from the 5 or closer, just go for it from there honestly 3 points isn't even more valuable than the field position barring certain situations obviously like going up 2 scores late in a game. A touchdown is worth more than 2 field goals.

Absolutely. Maybe your coach will learn to not be such a bitch in the future.

CraigKressel wrote:6. Honestly that last play doesn't make sense they should have ran more plays like they did earlier in the drive there was too much time left to go for the endzone.

Meh. More importantly, your WR shouldn't have broken off his route.

CraigKressel wrote:7. ESPN got their dream wish LSU vs Clemson like they wanted the whole time, committee set it up perfectly with that bullshit move putting LSU 1.

Oh, I'm sure they would have preferred Bama vs LSU or Bama vs UGA.

CraigKressel wrote:Watch next year Ohio State will go 11-1 or 12-1 and get left out of the playoff by this garbage committee or division system.

That would be lovely.

Best part of the game? Urban jinx. :dog :chewy
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » December 30th, 2019, 6:44 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:

Your obsession with FSU is bizarre. We are one of 12 teams on Clemson's schedule. Are we responsible for the quality of the other 11 opponents as well? If FSU was, say, ranked #15 would that make any difference other than perception?

Well, much like Miami, Clemson can only beat us when we suck.

And the winner of that amazing Coastal division did so much better than FSU.....:biglol
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 30th, 2019, 7:10 pm

FSUKW wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

And the winner of that amazing Coastal division did so much better than FSU.....:biglol

I wouldn't say anyone "won" the Coastal. UVA just failed to lose enough games to avoid facing Clemson.

But Jez is right that the ACC needs FSU to be good since Miami has sucked for over 15 years and isn't showing any signs of improvement. :no
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » December 30th, 2019, 8:26 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:I've been opposed to this "system" since they started.

You'd rather have Ohio State play 0U? In that case, didn't you lose last time you played them?

Personally I'd rather lose in the semifinals than lose in the championship: losing those is the worst.

To expect a team to beat PSU, Michigan, Wisconsin, Clemson, LSU in a row is impossible.

If you throw OU in there it could have been done.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » December 30th, 2019, 8:30 pm

Quick lesson on the 2002 NC.

1. Chris Gamble caught the game winning pass in bounds in the 4th quarter that would have let OSU kill the clock, he was also held on the play but was ruled out of bounds with no penalty.

2. Chris Gamble was called for the same fucking penalty giving Miami a 4th and 1 in the same OT on Miami's turn and they could not score from the 1, the ball was overthrown by about 10 yards and should not have been called.

3. It was pass interference, he hit him when the ball was in the air.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Jezter13 » December 30th, 2019, 9:32 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

I wouldn't say anyone "won" the Coastal. UVA just failed to lose enough games to avoid facing Clemson.

But Jez is right that the ACC needs FSU to be good since Miami has sucked for over 15 years and isn't showing any signs of improvement. :no

Nope. Sadly, UM will fade off into being a middling college team.

The two major assets that lead to UM being great were killed by the interwebs.

1. Recruiting. The SoFla kids didn't have the same access to video recording that other higher economic areas did and that lead to UM being able to sell all of those kids long before anyone else was able to. The ties that bonded belonged to us. The internet and the instant access to film to web killed that for UM.

2. UM made massive mistakes with Athletic Directors first with Paul Dee. Hiring a rival to run your athletics was the first major flaw. After that, it has been a continued mess with the current mental midget Flake James. His going after Manny Diaz like he did was the last straw for this program.

The acc was always a basketball conference and needed to get better. They brought UM in at the wrong time, sadly.

And what fsu was in the 90's through Bowden's leaving, the acc will once again be a total joke conference with only clemson being great.

FSU will be Michigan State of the south.

UM will be lucky to be UF. Meaning the team that is good enough to win their division because it is a horrid division and will have the inflated record because of it. But will never win shit because they can't actually beat real teams.

Sad days.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » December 30th, 2019, 9:33 pm

CraigKressel wrote:

1. Chris Gamble caught the game winning pass in bounds in the 4th quarter that would have let OSU kill the clock, he was also held on the play but was ruled out of bounds with no penalty.

2. Chris Gamble was called for the same fucking penalty giving Miami a 4th and 1 in the same OT on Miami's turn and they could not score from the 1, the ball was overthrown by about 10 yards and should not have been called.

Revisionist history.

Whatever you need to make it real for you.

You got dropped by an inferior team in the playoffs. Again.

Karma is a bitch, huh?
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby JdPat04 » December 31st, 2019, 3:07 am

Craig still complaining about something that happened nearly 2 decades ago is hilarious.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby CraigKressel » December 31st, 2019, 4:40 am

JdPat04 wrote:Craig still complaining about something that happened nearly 2 decades ago is hilarious.

I complained about it? You mean the Miami fanboy did. I am happy with it and I know it was a just call especially considering it wouldn't have gone to OT if the officiating was perfect.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » December 31st, 2019, 4:41 am

Jezter13 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:

Revisionist history.

Karma is a bitch, huh?

Go watch the game and tell me I am wrong about 1 and 2.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » December 31st, 2019, 4:42 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt1PGQ6 ... PGhBKZyNj4

Here you go check it out for yourself. Game over in regulation more than likely if that play was complete or a penalty was called.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » December 31st, 2019, 3:34 pm

CraigKressel wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt1PGQ6zzy0&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0uircDKTS5VBZPhEtm78Q9NitW2IVM7tNaC6S7jvqKDXp8pPGhBKZyNj4

Here you go check it out for yourself. Game over in regulation more than likely if that play was complete or a penalty was called.

If auburn wouldn’t have got that one second then we would’ve been in the playoffs to beat you so it doesn’t matter. :dog
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Jezter13 » December 31st, 2019, 3:45 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:

Revisionist history.

Karma is a bitch, huh?

Go watch the game and tell me I am wrong about 1 and 2.

We all know what happened that game.

Revised history does nothing.

Karma is beautiful.

Pull the 2003 rule book while you are at it.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby CraigKressel » December 31st, 2019, 5:21 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pt1PGQ6zzy0&feature=youtu.be&fbclid=IwAR0uircDKTS5VBZPhEtm78Q9NitW2IVM7tNaC6S7jvqKDXp8pPGhBKZyNj4

If auburn wouldn’t have got that one second then we would’ve been in the playoffs to beat you so it doesn’t matter. :dog

I am not so sure they would have gone over OU but I agree that call sucked. Same refs did the Clemson OSU game and sucked ass on about 25 plays.

Like the 12 men on the field clemson had 2 guys 10 yards offsides and they didnt call offsides.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » December 31st, 2019, 5:49 pm

JdPat04 wrote:

Also not sure you guys win it would have been overtime
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » December 31st, 2019, 7:03 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Also not sure you guys win it would have been overtime

Mac Macorkle Jones was gonna go Tua on their asses.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Next

Return to College Football