The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » February 3rd, 2019, 11:59 pm

Jezter13 wrote:So, tell me how there is no reason to pay these kids their value.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... er-school/

https://www.bing.com/search?q=tuition%20costs%202018
Hmmmmm.
(EDIT after URL failed to parse correctly) Nope, student-athletes are getting absolutely nothing from the football scholarships... and they're allowed to "sit out" games without any financial repercussions. What slave owners these colleges and universities are!

#EndStudentAthleteTrafficking
Last edited by FuckESPNdotCOM on February 4th, 2019, 11:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
FuckESPNdotCOM
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: November 28th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Location: Miami(FL) fans' heads
Team Logo:
Texas Longhorns
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby JdPat04 » February 4th, 2019, 3:39 am

Jezter13 wrote:So, tell me how there is no reason to pay these kids their value.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... er-school/



Can UAB afford to pay all of their athletes? Troy, southern miss, south Alabama? Hell even Miami? Can Miami afford to pay every athlete that they have?

Alabama has men and women’s wheelchair basketball teams (we win championships in that :chewy)

Hockey, golf, gymnastics, baseball, softball, football, wrestling, and pretty much any other sport.... we could afford to pay them something. Texas, UGA, Auburn, osu, UM, ND, UT, UF, LSU


There won’t be any problems for those schools
JdPat04
 
Posts: 75584
Joined: February 12th, 2008, 3:52 am
Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » February 4th, 2019, 2:23 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:So, tell me how there is no reason to pay these kids their value.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... er-school/



Can UAB afford to pay all of their athletes? Troy, southern miss, south Alabama? Hell even Miami? Can Miami afford to pay every athlete that they have?

Alabama has men and women’s wheelchair basketball teams (we win championships in that :chewy)

Hockey, golf, gymnastics, baseball, softball, football, wrestling, and pretty much any other sport.... we could afford to pay them something. Texas, UGA, Auburn, osu, UM, ND, UT, UF, LSU


There won’t be any problems for those schools


The NCAA would have to treat college ball as the entity it already does and further break it down by sports and then by level.

Football, by far, is the biggest revenue stream for the NCAA. Next is basketball. The NCAA should only rule those two bodies and force the colleges to support whatever the other sports they want. This guarantees that the money is shared amongst the readers and not as a socialist construct. Meaning, those persons that believe tuition is worth its weight won't object to women's sports being the burden of the school solely.

Now that we have an agreeable grouping of two major sports, its important to be broken down, as it basically is today, into three distinct levels. And these levels are fluid. Meaning, what we deem the power 5 can have members drop levels and then next tiers move up levels based on competitive teams.

As an example, Miami should not have been a power 5 school the last decade. It could be argued that a team like UCF that played in a BCS game a few years ago and played above their current level should have had an opportunity to play up.

But back to the money, this is just a rough draft, but due to the monies paid by networks for the conferences and total bowls, that can be all divvied up through the leagues. Let's say 80% of the total revenue split as 40, 25, 15. That pays the players, the coaches and their Athletic Departments are still allowed to raise funding. The difference being that the 80% has to spent on the players. Both in salary and assets to their future.

What that incurs is that if they so choose, they can use their salaries to pay for college and classes in concert with their prepping for the pros. Their time is theirs and since there's no need for a job to make money, they can actually focus on getting ready for life and living.

There's a million ways to do it. It should be done. It's pathetic that the NFL has this free farm system that destroys the living conditions for these kids for free. Forever. It's shown that the average life expectancy of former players is shorter than others. Not to mention the comfort of life after all the breaks, bruises, tears, collisions etc has made worse.

And to further the dumb retorts by those say "but but tuition". Colleges, are no different than any other business/corporation. Some are better than others overall simply by degree type. Which also means that standards are different. Remove the standards and allow for students to play for the school they are fans of up front.
Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » April 11th, 2020, 3:44 pm

XFL 2.0 didn't even last as long as XFL 1.0. It was worse, too, at least from what I saw. Boring shit.

Another brilliant bit of insight from the genius jester who's not blinded by The Man and MSM. :dog
FuckESPNdotCOM
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: November 28th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Location: Miami(FL) fans' heads
Team Logo:
Texas Longhorns
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby JdPat04 » April 11th, 2020, 11:35 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:XFL 2.0 didn't even last as long as XFL 1.0. It was worse, too, at least from what I saw. Boring shit.

Another brilliant bit of insight from the genius jester who's not blinded by The Man and MSM. :dog



You are in the minority of those who thought it was anything but better.
JdPat04
 
Posts: 75584
Joined: February 12th, 2008, 3:52 am
Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » April 12th, 2020, 1:12 am

JdPat04 wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:XFL 2.0 didn't even last as long as XFL 1.0. It was worse, too, at least from what I saw. Boring shit.

Another brilliant bit of insight from the genius jester who's not blinded by The Man and MSM. :dog



You are in the minority of those who thought it was anything but better.

The Tampa Bay Vipers and Aaron "Let's Tell The Defense What Play We're Running" Murray probably soured me on it. 1-3 or something before the league folded. That and their uniforms looked like Oregon rejects.

I also think the NFL is boring now, as opposed to 20 years ago, so that's probably a personal factor, too.
FuckESPNdotCOM
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: November 28th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Location: Miami(FL) fans' heads
Team Logo:
Texas Longhorns
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby JdPat04 » April 13th, 2020, 5:06 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:XFL 2.0 didn't even last as long as XFL 1.0. It was worse, too, at least from what I saw. Boring shit.

Another brilliant bit of insight from the genius jester who's not blinded by The Man and MSM. :dog



You are in the minority of those who thought it was anything but better.

The Tampa Bay Vipers and Aaron "Let's Tell The Defense What Play We're Running" Murray probably soured me on it. 1-3 or something before the league folded. That and their uniforms looked like Oregon rejects.

I also think the NFL is boring now, as opposed to 20 years ago, so that's probably a personal factor, too.



I don’t care for the nfl either, but I didn’t want the league to succeed. More people working and more football in the time period of no football is usually pretty good.
JdPat04
 
Posts: 75584
Joined: February 12th, 2008, 3:52 am
Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » April 21st, 2020, 10:43 am

JdPat04 wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:XFL 2.0 didn't even last as long as XFL 1.0. It was worse, too, at least from what I saw. Boring shit.

Another brilliant bit of insight from the genius jester who's not blinded by The Man and MSM. :dog



You are in the minority of those who thought it was anything but better.

The Tampa Bay Vipers and Aaron "Let's Tell The Defense What Play We're Running" Murray probably soured me on it. 1-3 or something before the league folded. That and their uniforms looked like Oregon rejects.

I also think the NFL is boring now, as opposed to 20 years ago, so that's probably a personal factor, too.



I don't care for the nfl either, but I didn't want the league to succeed. More people working and more football in the time period of no football is usually pretty good.

Yeah, I like having football more often, but the XFL 2.0 never grabbed me personally. XFL 1.0 felt so different, so much more of a production. IDK. I think part of it is the zeitgeist. Back in 2000/2001 we actually waited each week for shows, went out to eat less, weren't given instant access to most things via the Web. Attention spans are shorter so watching full games is less appealing. Also the XFL 1.0 was new and unique in terms of rules. 4 point FGs? The Scramble instead of a coin flip? 2.0 just has a weird kickoff and IMO a worse logo. I guess the problem is comparing XFL 1.0 to XFL 2.0, as well as rosy retrospection.
FuckESPNdotCOM
 
Posts: 9517
Joined: November 28th, 2012, 6:53 pm
Location: Miami(FL) fans' heads
Team Logo:
Texas Longhorns
Has thanked: 135 times
Been thanked: 180 times

Previous

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 48 guests

cron