The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » January 8th, 2019, 9:23 pm

Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 8th, 2019, 9:34 pm

Some people just like playing football. And banging college chicks. Free education is a nice bonus, although a degree certainly isn't worth what it once was.

If I could go back and do it all over again, I'd gladly be a "slave". I'm sure all the incels who spent their lives in cubicle farms would prefer this "slavery" as well.


The NFL/XFL/etc can cease to exist for all I care.
Muck FcDisney
 
Posts: 64054
Joined: June 20th, 2008, 12:18 am
Location: Scatlanta
Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 621 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » January 8th, 2019, 9:46 pm

They deserve to be paid for their lives being used as they are.

Period.

And it's great that this league and The alliance league will put major pressure to and destroy the NCAA. Unless, of course, they decide to start paying.
Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby JdPat04 » January 8th, 2019, 10:15 pm

This is like comparing Trump to Hitler.


How the fuck is this even comparable to the Slave Trade?


Unless their parents are the ones selling the slaves like Africans selling them to begin with.
JdPat04
 
Posts: 75587
Joined: February 12th, 2008, 3:52 am
Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » January 8th, 2019, 10:20 pm

JdPat04 wrote:This is like comparing Trump to Hitler.


How the fuck is this even comparable to the Slave Trade?


Unless their parents are the ones selling the slaves like Africans selling them to begin with.


Here, let me help

Owner picks slaves : coaches pick slaves

Plantation provides meager shelter : institutions provide meager shelter

Owners own their slaves rights : institutions own their slaves rights

Slaves make zero money to compensate for their work : institution.....


There, I hope that helped clear the analogy up for you.
Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby JdPat04 » January 8th, 2019, 10:52 pm

Let me help you

Players have choices

Slaves did not

Players have rights

Slaves did not

Players are paid

Slaves were not

Players are not beaten and killed and raped

Slaves were

Hitler had great pride in his country
Trump has great pride in his

Trump = Hitler
JdPat04
 
Posts: 75587
Joined: February 12th, 2008, 3:52 am
Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 8th, 2019, 11:29 pm

Jezter13 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:This is like comparing Trump to Hitler.


How the fuck is this even comparable to the Slave Trade?


Unless their parents are the ones selling the slaves like Africans selling them to begin with.


Here, let me help

Owner picks slaves : coaches pick slaves

Plantation provides meager shelter : institutions provide meager shelter

Owners own their slaves rights : institutions own their slaves rights

Slaves make zero money to compensate for their work : institution.....


There, I hope that helped clear the analogy up for you.


This might not be the worst analogy I've ever seen. Then again, I do read a lot of comment sections at HuffPo and NYT.
Muck FcDisney
 
Posts: 64054
Joined: June 20th, 2008, 12:18 am
Location: Scatlanta
Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 621 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » January 8th, 2019, 11:57 pm

JdPat04 wrote:Let me help you

Players have choices

Slaves did not

Players have rights

Slaves did not

Players are paid

Slaves were not

Players are not beaten and killed and raped

Slaves were

Hitler had great pride in his country
Trump has great pride in his

Trump = Hitler


No, you really aren't too bright here.

Choices? What choices do these athletes have to get into making money?

Do you not understand how competition and a free market works?
Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » January 9th, 2019, 12:00 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:This is like comparing Trump to Hitler.


How the fuck is this even comparable to the Slave Trade?


Unless their parents are the ones selling the slaves like Africans selling them to begin with.


Here, let me help

Owner picks slaves : coaches pick slaves

Plantation provides meager shelter : institutions provide meager shelter

Owners own their slaves rights : institutions own their slaves rights

Slaves make zero money to compensate for their work : institution.....


There, I hope that helped clear the analogy up for you.


This might not be the worst analogy I've ever seen. Then again, I do read a lot of comment sections at HuffPo and NYT.


Only because you are brainwashed.

The analogy fits perfectly.

It is why players have attempted to unionize but were struck down due to the NCAA and its standing in business.

It's sad that you think this situation is fair to them.

I'll ask, were you told that you couldn't join your desired profession until having performed 3 years of slave labor?

Think before you answer
Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » January 9th, 2019, 12:02 am

I think the simple problem is you don't know what slavery is nor means.

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slavery

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/slave
Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » January 9th, 2019, 12:15 am

Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » January 9th, 2019, 1:27 am

And to add to the whole of it.

How many college athletes are there? How many podunk cities and towns are they in at those universities?

Imagine the economic boom in all of those cities with those players having spending money.
Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby JdPat04 » January 9th, 2019, 3:25 am

We are all slaves on this blessed day.
JdPat04
 
Posts: 75587
Joined: February 12th, 2008, 3:52 am
Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » January 9th, 2019, 12:39 pm

JdPat04 wrote:We are all slaves on this blessed day.



It's about what I Expected.
Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby FSUKW » January 9th, 2019, 5:33 pm

My thought process is simple.

1) CFB players should be paid.
2) I really don't care where they go, I will watch both XFL and College football.
3) I don't generally watch the NFL.
FSUKW
 
Posts: 27475
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 8:07 pm
Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 393 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » February 1st, 2019, 12:06 pm

And here comes the Pacific Pro-Football league

Go west, young man. Go west!

I hope he does.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... emson-now/
Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Muck FcDisney » February 1st, 2019, 3:04 pm

Jezter13 wrote:And here comes the Pacific Pro-Football league

Go west, young man. Go west!

I hope he does.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... emson-now/


I too support any move that gets Trevor the fuck away from Clemson. :2thumbs
Muck FcDisney
 
Posts: 64054
Joined: June 20th, 2008, 12:18 am
Location: Scatlanta
Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols
Has thanked: 343 times
Been thanked: 621 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby JdPat04 » February 1st, 2019, 3:39 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:And here comes the Pacific Pro-Football league

Go west, young man. Go west!

I hope he does.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... emson-now/


I too support any move that gets Trevor the fuck away from Clemson. :2thumbs


[ img ]
JdPat04
 
Posts: 75587
Joined: February 12th, 2008, 3:52 am
Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 355 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby FSUKW » February 1st, 2019, 5:48 pm

Jezter13 wrote:And here comes the Pacific Pro-Football league

Go west, young man. Go west!

I hope he does.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2 ... emson-now/


50K per year is not bad for an 18 year old. They better take out insurance for when the injury hits though.

I wonder what the failure rate would be for most of the idiots that can't manage money. $50K in California is not much to live on. Trevor probably makes more than that at Clemson now..... :dog
FSUKW
 
Posts: 27475
Joined: February 3rd, 2009, 8:07 pm
Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols
Has thanked: 228 times
Been thanked: 393 times

Re: The xFL could kill the Slave Trade.

Postby Jezter13 » February 1st, 2019, 9:43 pm

So, tell me how there is no reason to pay these kids their value.

https://collegefootballtalk.nbcsports.c ... er-school/
Jezter13
 
Posts: 8072
Joined: February 16th, 2010, 6:51 pm
Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes
Has thanked: 192 times
Been thanked: 246 times

Next

Return to College Football

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 50 guests

cron