Deondre Francois has a deathwish

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Deondre Francois has a deathwish

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 8th, 2019, 3:57 pm

R.I.P, young man. I'd rather spend 3 years in a POW camp than behind an FSU OL. :surrender

Spoiler:
Florida State quarterback Deondre Francois is with the team and is enrolled in classes for the spring semester, multiple sources confirmed to Noles247 .

Francois returned to the team as the spring semester began this week. An FSU spokesperson confirmed to Noles247 that Francois is still with the team. Francois, according to coach Willie Taggart, was ‘weighing his options’ on whether or not to leave FSU throughout the month of December. Francois refuted a report from the Orlando Sentinel on Dec. 19 in 2018 that stated the two-year starter would not return to FSU.

“Why would I not go back to FSU?” Francois told the Sentinel. “I’m thinking about declaring [for the NFL] but I don’t know what I’m going to do. I never told anybody nothing like that. I’m just unsure what I’m doing right now.”

Francois -- who started every game for FSU in 2016 and was the starter in 2017 before suffering a season-ending knee injury -- went 5-6 as a starter in his first year starting for Taggart, passing for 2,731 yards and 15 touchdowns to 12 interceptions while completing 96 of 227 passes (57.3 percent).

Having Francois in the spring should give FSU quality depth at the position after the Seminoles went through last spring and the 2018 campaign with just two active scholarship quarterbacks. Both Francois and redshirt sophomore James Blackman have substantial starting experience, and they’ll be joined by Louisville transfer Jordan Travis. FSU, after making a play for Justin Fields (who will transfer to Ohio State) will likely pursue other graduate transfer options at the position in order to further bolster the depth at quarterback.

It’s unclear at this stage how Francois will factor into new offensive coordinator Kendal Briles’ plans to build up an offense that was among the worst in college football last season. Briles has typically used dual-threat quarterbacks in previous stops at Baylor, FAU and Houston, and Francois was frequently reminded by Taggart last season to move around more in the pocket. Francois will likely need to show improvement in this area to hold on to his starting role in 2019.

Players eligible for the 2019 NFL Draft still have until Jan. 14 to make their decisions on whether or not to go pro, so that remains an option for Francois. But as of now, Francois is at FSU and is in the plans moving forward.

https://247sports.com/college/florida-s ... 127511105/
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Return to College Football