How long till Bosa is common place?

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

How long till Bosa is common place?

Postby 08GatorBait » January 2nd, 2019, 8:56 pm

How long till players decide to forgo large chunks of the season to save their draft stock? I feel we may in for a really bad stretch for football and it may force Universities or conferences to have insurance on the players.

I feel in three years we will see a ton of players out before the season is over...which is suck ass.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Re: How long till Bosa is common place?

Postby JdPat04 » January 2nd, 2019, 11:16 pm

I don’t see any Bama players doing it while Saban is there
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FSUKW » January 2nd, 2019, 11:58 pm

1) I sure as hell hope Ohio State didn't pay his fall scholarship tuition. I haven't paid attention. He may have dropped out altogether. If so, he is a bigger faggot.

2) NFL should put a stop to it.

3) His teammates should beat the shit out of him.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » January 4th, 2019, 3:40 pm

:clap

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/A ... x9ySy6A8LM

Open Letter to Bulldog Nation (by a former Bulldog):

"Do your job… You know what else I did? I played in our bowl game when I knew I was declaring for the NFL Draft as a junior.

In fact, when I played in the 1989 Gator Bowl against Michigan State – my last game as a Georgia Bulldog – guess who else played in that same game, and declared for the draft days later?First round and the second overall pick, offensive lineman Tony Mandarich and first-round, twenty-second overall pick, Andre Rison (who, by the way, was the Spartans’ MVP with nine receptions for 252 yards.) Don’t @ me about their NFL careers. That’s not the point.

The point is, the bowl game I played in had three first-round picks in it. And we didn’t just play in the game. We. Went. At. It. Along with my backfield mate, Rodney Hampton (who was a first-round pick the following year), we flat out battled in that game. And, UGA won by a score of 34-27 in front of 76,000 people. Why? Because we were supposed to play. Because our universities expected us to play. Because our scholarships required us to play. Because we gave our word to our families and to ourselves that, every time we were on the field, we were going to leave everything on it.

And equally as importantly as all of those reasons, because our teammates depended on us to play, and we were not going to abandon our brothers."

Worley took exception to Kirby Smart saying after the game that he "hopes" the Bulldogs take the Sugar Bowl loss as a lesson in preparation and showing up to play every game.

"With all due respect, Coach, “hope” isn’t gonna get it done. You can’t “hope” they get it. You have to make them get it. That only happens with a no-exceptions culture that is either bought into, or players play somewhere else. You’ve seen it done. As Alabama’s defensive coordinator, you have championship rings proving it can be done….with this generation of athletes. I mean no disrespect, but later for all that “hope” stuff, bruh.

I’m not a journalist. I’m a ticked-off member of “Running Back U, and the issue that concerns me is entitled apathy. UGA’s players (and possibly its coaches?) clearly didn’t want to be at the New Orleans last night, and it’s not because they don’t like gumbo. I’m a North Carolina native – and a country boy – so I’m going to say what happened the way we say it in Lumberton: they “threw their suckers in the dirt.” I’m not going to single anyone out, but UGA players were blowing Twitter up during the Clemson-Notre Dame game, lamenting the Playoff Committee’s faulty decision making in choosing the four best teams for the Playoff.

And they didn’t hold back. They were brash. Arrogant. Haughty. Loud. And, based on last night’s lackluster performance, UGA players’ bodies were at the Mercedes-Benz Superdome, but their minds were out west in Levi’s Stadium…where they will not be playing, because a team that beat them will be. UGA showed everyone watching (including NFL scouts) that, if they weren’t playing in the Playoff, then they weren’t playing at all."
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » January 4th, 2019, 3:41 pm

FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » January 4th, 2019, 4:32 pm

Within a year or 2.

Sitting out bowls was somewhat rare 2-3 yearsa go now it is like every team worth a fuck has a player or 2 sitting out pretty soon 5-10 players will be sitting out on each team.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » January 4th, 2019, 4:33 pm

24-32 team playoff is the only answer to fix some of this and contracts with the players that they have to pay back the scholarship money.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » January 4th, 2019, 4:38 pm

What blows me away is Alabama and Clemson have not had any issues with this.

Michigan was destroyed by it, their team seemed divided. This year and in 2016.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » January 4th, 2019, 4:43 pm

CraigKressel wrote:24-32 team playoff is the only answer to fix some of this and contracts with the players that they have to pay back the scholarship money.

This is where I agree. Penalize them financially for missing games.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 4th, 2019, 5:24 pm

CraigKressel wrote:What blows me away is Alabama and Clemson have not had any issues with this.

Michigan was destroyed by it, their team seemed divided. This year and in 2016.

No one sits for the playoffs.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » January 4th, 2019, 5:51 pm

FSUKW wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:24-32 team playoff is the only answer to fix some of this and contracts with the players that they have to pay back the scholarship money.

You agree with both parts or just the penalizing?
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FSUKW » January 4th, 2019, 5:56 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Just the penalizing.

That many teams in a FBS playoff = :crazy
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » January 4th, 2019, 5:58 pm

FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Just the penalizing.

:up

He just has to make sure osu has a shot
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Jezter13 » January 4th, 2019, 8:11 pm

These kids have only one thing to protect. Their livelihood.

Their bodies are their livelihood. If they believe they are going to get drafted, why risk your greatest chance at making millions.?

The NCAA needs to change many rules.

Namely, how the players are compensated.

Next, would be the eligibility requirement. Players should not have to miss any games in order to gain years. the scholarship for football should be minimum 6 years. That affords the kids the ability to play and finish school all the while not having to be concerned with academics at the same level as standard students. Those kids that definitely won't be playing in sundays are still able to finish and those that aren't quite ready after 3 years of playing time aren't feeling the heat to make a live altering choice either.

A pay schedule needs to be set up as well. More than the measly stipend they receive. College football players ARE NOT ALLOWED TO WORK as per the NCAA rules and that makes it easy for players to get into trouble when they need a couple of dollars to spend so they can go out. With the NCAA and schools pulling in Billions it would only be fair to spread some of that wealth to the kids that are earning those free funds for the spenders. This is definitely a close to modern day form of slavery.

Ultimately, what needs to be done is a complete disassociation from the concept of "student athlete" the NCAA should become a true developmental league that affiliates with colleges to allow the students to learn through medical programs, businesse, etc. They work with the athletes to gain the knowledge needed and they can offer discounts for the athletes to attend the schools in place of their earned money.

Anyone that is angry with kids sitting out a worthless bowl game to ensure they don't lose their chance at money is an asswipe.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby CraigKressel » January 5th, 2019, 2:18 am

FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Just the penalizing.

Well if you don't then you will have 10 players sitting out every major bowl game and 1-5 sitting out all of the smaller bowls.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » January 5th, 2019, 6:57 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Just the penalizing.

Well if you don't then you will have 10 players sitting out every major bowl game and 1-5 sitting out all of the smaller bowls.

Who gives a shit?

You’d like to make the NC a joke so that some pussy players won’t sit out? GTFO! If your team isn’t good enough to be in the top 8... hell let’s be absurd and say 16 then I don’t care if your players are sitting out. I want to watch all the Bowl games I can. I want them to be as enjoyable as I can but not at the expense of making the CFB champion a joke.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Jezter13 » January 7th, 2019, 12:52 pm

This thread is kind of funny when reading through it and looking at the political points you make on the G.D. board.

It's like someone suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder.

The majority of you hate "libtards" and rail against that agenda. Yet, here you are braying as leftist/totalitarians do when anyone wants to break rank from their plantation.

A kid sees an opportunity to make money. Free Market Capitalism, something you all seem to agree with, but not when it comes to your slaves being involved.

It's quite weird.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby CraigKressel » January 7th, 2019, 2:41 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Just the penalizing.

Who gives a shit?

You’d like to make the NC a joke so that some pussy players won’t sit out? GTFO! If your team isn’t good enough to be in the top 8... hell let’s be absurd and say 16 then I don’t care if your players are sitting out. I want to watch all the Bowl games I can. I want them to be as enjoyable as I can but not at the expense of making the CFB champion a joke.

Why would it be a joke? You don't think 0-2 loss teams would win the NC every year? It already is a joke
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » January 7th, 2019, 2:43 pm

Jezter13 wrote:This thread is kind of funny when reading through it and looking at the political points you make on the G.D. board.

It's like someone suffering from Multiple Personality Disorder.

The majority of you hate "libtards" and rail against that agenda. Yet, here you are braying as leftist/totalitarians do when anyone wants to break rank from their plantation.

A kid sees an opportunity to make money. Free Market Capitalism, something you all seem to agree with, but not when it comes to your slaves being involved.

It's quite weird.

You can do things to make it better and better for the players.

1. Bring back the video game and start paying players for sales of jerseys and video games etc, just divide the profits equally among them in stipends.
2. Let them sign autographs for money a couple of times a year just cap it.
3. Let them get a sponsor capped at 20k a year that is NCAA approved.

The colleges don't even have to pay the players just let them profit off of it in their own way.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » January 7th, 2019, 3:27 pm

Jdpat the NC is trash for everyone but Alabama fans because they get a free ride to it every year no matter what they do in the regular season. Last year having 2 SEC teams in the playoff was a joke. This year Georgia at 5 was a joke, just stfu cause honestly you shouldn't even have an opinion on it since Alabama is gifted a shot every year no matter what. 2011, 2012, 2017 they should not have had a chance to play for the NC. Then you have trash like ND in the playoff this year.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Next

Return to College Football