De-pussification of cfb

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

De-pussification of cfb

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 2nd, 2019, 3:52 pm

I bitch about refs. A lot. Around here, it's mostly regarding ACC fucktards and FSU. Overall, however, it's mostly about bullshit targeting calls. There were too many to count this bowl season.

If a defensive player dives at a ball carrier's ankles, but the offensive player trips, resulting in their helmets touching with less force than is recommended for clitoral stimulation... THAT IS NOT TARGETING!

I pretty much agree with everything in the link below. I would take it a step further, however. If contact to the offensive player's head/neck area is caused by action of the offensive player (whether intentional or unintentional), there should be no penalty.

https://www.sbnation.com/2018/11/2/1804 ... eting-rule

Thoughts?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: De-pussification of cfb

Postby Eye_of_Horus » January 2nd, 2019, 4:09 pm

Didn't click on the link but targeting calls are getting out of hand. Most of the calls I witnessed this year should not have been considered targeting.

Also, if they can review targeting, why can't they review other penalties like P.I.?
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 2nd, 2019, 5:04 pm

Eye_of_Horus wrote:Didn't click on the link but targeting calls are getting out of hand. Most of the calls I witnessed this year should not have been considered targeting.

Also, if they can review targeting, why can't they review other penalties like P.I.?

Please, no. It already takes 3-1/2 hours to watch ~15 minutes of actual football. If we expand reviews, we could push games to 4 or 4-1/2 hours.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Eye_of_Horus » January 2nd, 2019, 5:43 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Eye_of_Horus wrote:Didn't click on the link but targeting calls are getting out of hand. Most of the calls I witnessed this year should not have been considered targeting.

Please, no. It already takes 3-1/2 hours to watch ~15 minutes of actual football. If we expand reviews, we could push games to 4 or 4-1/2 hours.

So the easy solution is to not review targeting. :2thumbs

Unless it's an intentional helmet to helmet hit, it shouldn't be targeting imo.
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 2nd, 2019, 6:07 pm

Eye_of_Horus wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

So the easy solution is to not review targeting. :2thumbs

Unless it's an intentional helmet to helmet hit, it shouldn't be targeting imo.

:winner

See how easy this is? If only the NCAA was not a corrupt, inept bureaucracy... :sigh
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Return to College Football