Richt Retiring

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Richt Retiring

Postby bdcane4eva » December 30th, 2018, 5:54 pm

Xmas miracle...stay tuned.
bdcane4eva

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Re: Richt Retiring

Postby Jezter13 » December 30th, 2018, 6:00 pm

Yep. Now Blake can go get Pep Hamilton
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 30th, 2018, 6:10 pm

There is a god :praisegod
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » December 30th, 2018, 6:19 pm

What a coward he is.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 30th, 2018, 6:23 pm

Well who’s next. My first choice would be Lane Kiffin.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » December 30th, 2018, 6:32 pm

My hopes, in order

Pep Hamilton
Jedd Fisch
Dwayne Johnson
Dirk Koetter
Dino Babers
Lane Kiffin

My gut tells me it will be Butch. Which means we will be seeing the death penalty again. See what he did with the RB they hid in plain sight? The original Urban Creyer
Last edited by Jezter13 on December 30th, 2018, 6:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby JdPat04 » December 30th, 2018, 6:33 pm

Meyer is available
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Jezter13 » December 30th, 2018, 6:36 pm

JdPat04 wrote:Meyer is available

If that reptile was interviewed? I'd drop my affiliation to UM immediately.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 30th, 2018, 6:45 pm

Jezter13 wrote:My hopes, in order

Pep Hamilton
Jedd Fisch
Dwayne Johnson
Dirk Koetter
Dino Babers
Lane Kiffin

My gut tells me it will be Butch. Which means we will be seeing the death penalty again. See what he did with the RB they hid in plain sight? The original Urban Creyer

I’ll pass on Butch.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 30th, 2018, 7:43 pm

bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby SmithsAUFan » December 30th, 2018, 7:43 pm

"Retiring" sounds better in this situation. How is Miami not considering throwing the bank at Cristobal?
SmithsAUFan

Team Logo:
Auburn Tigers

Postby Jezter13 » December 30th, 2018, 8:34 pm

Also want to say

Jim Leavitt
Neal Brown

As potential candidates
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby frazier9495 » December 30th, 2018, 8:45 pm

frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 30th, 2018, 9:31 pm

frazier9495 wrote:

And the drama begins...
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » December 30th, 2018, 9:36 pm

Gruden hired. :)
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 30th, 2018, 10:30 pm

I thought he retired like 10 years ago, but people kept paying him to stand around on the sidelines.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 30th, 2018, 11:33 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:I thought he retired like 10 years ago, but people kept paying him to stand around on the sidelines.

I will say he didnt leave Miami in a bad situation. A good offensive mind will have talent to work with. This team should of won 10 games this year. And the IDP is finished and the facilities our updated.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 31st, 2018, 9:05 am

So Diaz is the new HC. I’m ok with this move. He needs an OC.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » December 31st, 2018, 11:49 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:So Diaz is the new HC. I’m ok with this move. He needs an OC.

this is a dumb move and by a dumber person.

you were happy with Coley being fired and having Richt's son tutor QB's. do not forget that, as most recent history.

Diaz is garbage. his defenses get walked over while facing top 50 competition. that is his M.O at every stop and that includes here.

i am disgusted with the lack of creativity in the hire and the absolute fact BJ didn't do his due diligence.

this should piss off every UM fan. but they suffer from stupid disease for the most part anyway.

and remember, this guy just screwed another school pretty badly. that is his character in a nutshell.

can't argue this take.

"The next time fans/media decry an unpaid college football player skipping out on a bowl game, keep this in mind.

On Dec. 13, Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was confirmed as the new head coach at Temple. In the midst of the Early National Signing Period days later, the Philadelphia Inquirer wrote, Diaz, as the new Owls’ head coach, “contacted every recruit who made a commitment to the Owls, hoping to have as many stay the course as possible.”

Exactly 17 days after Diaz was hired by Temple, Mark Richt announced that he had decided to retire as the Hurricanes head coach. Showing yet again that adult coaches aren’t held to the same standard as teenage recruits, Diaz officially abandoned those very same prospects he persuaded to stay the course as it was announced late Sunday night that Diaz will replace Richt as Miami’s next head football coach.

Below are the relevant quotes from individuals who truly don’t care about student-athletes unless they serve their own purpose:

ATHLETIC DIRECTOR BLAKE JAMES
Manny is one of the nation’s elite coaches and the Canes’ Family has already embraced him and his incredible work ethic over the past three years. He is absolutely the passionate and innovative leader that our program needs, and we will work together to build an incredible staff to move our program back into championship contention.

TEMPLE-TURNED-MIAMI HEAD COACH MANNY DIAZ
Miami is home. The University of Miami is home. The U has truly been ‘the job’ for me since I first got into coaching. Having worked here over the past three years, I came to understand what it means to be part of ‘The U’ and came to appreciate the passion and commitment to excellence of all who proudly call themselves Canes. We will restore the football program to its place among the nation’s elite and we will do it with hard work, dedicated coaches, and outstanding student-athletes. I’m excited about working with Blake and his team to make that happen.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 31st, 2018, 2:45 pm

Jezter13 wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:So Diaz is the new HC. I’m ok with this move. He needs an OC.

this is a dumb move and by a dumber person.

you were happy with Coley being fired and having Richt's son tutor QB's. do not forget that, as most recent history.

Diaz is garbage. his defenses get walked over while facing top 50 competition. that is his M.O at every stop and that includes here.

i am disgusted with the lack of creativity in the hire and the absolute fact BJ didn't do his due diligence.

this should piss off every UM fan. but they suffer from stupid disease for the most part anyway.

and remember, this guy just screwed another school pretty badly. that is his character in a nutshell.

can't argue this take.

"The next time fans/media decry an unpaid college football player skipping out on a bowl game, keep this in mind.

On Dec. 13, Miami defensive coordinator Manny Diaz was confirmed as the new head coach at Temple. In the midst of the Early National Signing Period days later, the Philadelphia Inquirer wrote, Diaz, as the new Owls’ head coach, “contacted every recruit who made a commitment to the Owls, hoping to have as many stay the course as possible.”

Exactly 17 days after Diaz was hired by Temple, Mark Richt announced that he had decided to retire as the Hurricanes head coach. Showing yet again that adult coaches aren’t held to the same standard as teenage recruits, Diaz officially abandoned those very same prospects he persuaded to stay the course as it was announced late Sunday night that Diaz will replace Richt as Miami’s next head football coach.

Below are the relevant quotes from individuals who truly don’t care about student-athletes unless they serve their own purpose:

ATHLETIC DIRECTOR BLAKE JAMES
Manny is one of the nation’s elite coaches and the Canes’ Family has already embraced him and his incredible work ethic over the past three years. He is absolutely the passionate and innovative leader that our program needs, and we will work together to build an incredible staff to move our program back into championship contention.

TEMPLE-TURNED-MIAMI HEAD COACH MANNY DIAZ
Miami is home. The University of Miami is home. The U has truly been ‘the job’ for me since I first got into coaching. Having worked here over the past three years, I came to understand what it means to be part of ‘The U’ and came to appreciate the passion and commitment to excellence of all who proudly call themselves Canes. We will restore the football program to its place among the nation’s elite and we will do it with hard work, dedicated coaches, and outstanding student-athletes. I’m excited about working with Blake and his team to make that happen.

I got no problem with the hire. His defense was the only positive I saw the last 3 years. Would of been nice to have an offense that could move the ball. A good OC will help him out.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Next

Return to College Football