FSU is about to hire Art Briles son.

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

FSU is about to hire Art Briles son.

Postby FSUKW » December 23rd, 2018, 4:35 am

Kendal Briles

Not sure if I like it.

Seems too easy to recruit against it given his time at Baylor and our whole Title IX issues.

But he is a very strong football mind.

To be continued....
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: FSU is about to hire Art Briles son.

Postby JdPat04 » December 24th, 2018, 1:50 am

Didn’t read everything about it all. If he wasn’t involved with the guilty shit then I wouldn’t care. He can come in and as you said he knows football. He knows how to recruit. You will have some of the recruits whose parents have a big say that might be swayed but the recruits who care about winning and going to the nfl won’t care. We could hire Durkin and I don’t think it’d really stop anybody (who was already considering us) from committing to us. They know exactly who Nick Saban is and know he’s their best chance at success in almost every way.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 24th, 2018, 2:59 am

If he did anything wrong, why is he not in jail? Why did Baylor not fire him, considering the risk of not doing so if he did anything? Why did FAU and Houston hire him?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he won't get busted hosting rape orgies, or whatever, during his 1-2 years at FSU.

Embrace the hate! :bringit
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » December 24th, 2018, 4:18 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:If he did anything wrong, why is he not in jail? Why did Baylor not fire him, considering the risk of not doing so if he did anything? Why did FAU and Houston hire him?

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say he won't get busted hosting rape orgies, or whatever, during his 1-2 years at FSU.

We couldn't find a candidate for OC who doesn't stink of that Baylor scandal. FSU, a school only a couple of years removed from it's own rape scandal. Surely FSU is better than that. We came out of the gate with Freeze and Briles..... :facepalm

(Nobody will ever know the full scope of what happened at Baylor)

Oh yea, Joey Freshwater and Major Applewhite are his employment references.... :dog

With that said, 45 points a game will help me get over it.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 24th, 2018, 7:41 am

FSUKW wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:If he did anything wrong, why is he not in jail? Why did Baylor not fire him, considering the risk of not doing so if he did anything? Why did FAU and Houston hire him?

We couldn't find a candidate for OC who doesn't stink of that Baylor scandal. FSU, a school only a couple of years removed from it's own rape scandal. Surely FSU is better than that. We came out of the gate with Freeze and Briles..... :facepalm

(Nobody will ever know the full scope of what happened at Baylor)

Oh yea, Joey Freshwater and Major Applewhite are his employment references.... :dog

With that said, 45 points a game will help me get over it.

Who would you choose? Briles was probably the best available. Freeze made me cringe. Briles, less so. Fuck accusations, I want proof. Aren't all of the other Baylor assistants currently employed?

(I'm guessing FSU, FAU, and Houston all contacted former Baylor players, and possibly others who could shed light on ther situation, prior to hiring Briles.)

Well, he never worked for Urban, so at least we have that. :lolthumb

I think I'd settle for 35/game in 2019. Even that may require a miracle with our OL.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Return to College Football