Miami's decommits

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Miami's decommits

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 17th, 2018, 7:20 pm

> Miami's commits... :milkshake

Spoiler:
The Miami Hurricanes have a better class of decommits than actual commits, for now

Ahead of this week’s Early Signing Period, when most teams sign most of their eventual new freshmen, the Miami Hurricanes have 14 verbal commitments. Their class is No. 34 nationally, according to the 247Sports Composite, which gives it 197 rating points.

On another hand, Miami has 15 decommits who were at one point or another pledged to play for the Canes but have since, for any number of reasons, backed away. Those players, together, would make for a class with 203 rating points. They’d be the No. 32 class, as of Sunday night, a couple of notches ahead of Miami’s actual class.

Miami’s decommit list is a high-end collection of talent.

The latest player to move on is four-star linebacker Anthony Solomon, who’d been rumored for weeks to be a Michigan flip and finally became on Sunday night. Three other blue-chips have come and gone from this class so far:

Five-star Palm Beach Central (Fla.) cornerback Akeem Dent
Four-star Dunbar (Fla.) defensive end Derick Hunter
Four-star North Marion (Fla.) offensive tackle Michael Tarquin
Solomon’s from Fort Lauderdale and, like Dent, plays his high school ball in the Canes’ immediate backyard. Dent and Hunter have both since committed to Florida State and Tarquin to Florida. At least Solomon didn’t go to an in-state rival.

Most of the Canes’ decommits have high three-star rankings. It wouldn’t be surprising if several turned out to be really good players elsewhere.

One player, three-star OLB Samuel Brooks, is on both the decommit list and the actual commit list, having decommitted Dec. 12 and recommitted to the Canes three days later. So he’s not included in the ratings points calculation of the decommits.

The Canes’ recruiting has declined in the class of 2019.

Miami was a hot recruiting team in the 2018 class. It had just won 10 games in the regular season, made the Turnover Chain a national thing, and positioned itself as a breakout team. It signed the No. 8 class despite losing four-star DB Josh Jobe late to Alabama.

The Canes had a bad 2018, though. They’re 7-5 entering the Pinstripe Bowl against Wisconsin, a team they played in the Orange a year ago. Defensive coordinator Manny Diaz, who’s known for both good recruiting and good defense, left to take over at Temple. Diaz’s departure appeared to be the impetus for at least six of these decommits.

There’s still time to salvage a good class, though, and even if Miami doesn’t, it’ll still have a more talented roster than the rest of the ACC Coastal.

The Canes’ remaining target list is long and includes a bunch of blue-chippers. A four-star DB just announced he’d be deciding between Miami and Georgia. They’re trying hard to close the deal with the No. 1 receiver in the class, former UGA commit Jadon Haselwood, and should add a few more elite players before everything’s finished.

Miami’s probably not getting anywhere near its No. 8 finish from last year, but it’s also not likely to finish outside the top 30. This little fact about the decommits being more touted than the real commits won’t last long.

The Canes are going into signing season with the most talented roster in their division. And even with their recruiting down, they’re only a tick below Virginia Tech for the best class in the Coastal. Things aren’t nearly as bad as they might look, though they’re not nearly as good as they’d be if more of their former commits hadn’t left.

https://www.sbnation.com/college-footba ... class-2019
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: Miami's decommits

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 19th, 2018, 9:56 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
The Canes are going into signing season with the most talented roster in their division. And even with their recruiting down, they’re only a tick below Virginia Tech for the best class in the Coastal. Things aren’t nearly as bad as they might look, though they’re not nearly as good as they’d be if more of their former commits hadn’t left.

:2thumbs

Ill be happy to see all of Goldens recruits to be gone and finally have a full roster of scholarship players for the first time in a while thanks to the Shapiro shit.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby JdPat04 » December 19th, 2018, 6:41 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Ill be happy to see all of Goldens recruits to be gone and finally have a full roster of scholarship players for the first time in a while thanks to the Shapiro shit.

What happens next year when y’all can’t use that excuse anymore?
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 19th, 2018, 9:42 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

We’ll just beat FSU and UF again. :lolthumb
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 19th, 2018, 11:32 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

You play UF next year?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 19th, 2018, 11:45 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

You play UF next year?

Aug 31st in Orlando :chaingun
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » December 20th, 2018, 12:19 am

You have a full range of scholarships.

Only had to displace 9 since 2015.

Always excuses for the shitstain known as Richt and his Awfense and his Staph.

It's funny, the only good players on the team aren't freshman, his only full class football recruit is this season, and it's garbage.

If UM fans had any decency about them, and honesty, they'd beg for richt to be fired.

He's the embodiment of Coach Klein.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 20th, 2018, 9:30 am

Jezter13 wrote:You have a full range of scholarships.

It's funny, the only good players on the team aren't freshman, his only full class football recruit is this season, and it's garbage.

If UM fans had any decency about them, and honesty, they'd beg for richt to be fired.

And who are going to hire? Oh how remember when Butch went 5-6 his 3rd season and banners were flying. If Miami fans really think any coach can turn this program around over night I got some bad news for you.
I’ll take CMR over Golden. And I’ll be happy never to see Rosier at QB again.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 20th, 2018, 11:53 am

I see FSU lost their QB commit to UNC. :owned
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » December 20th, 2018, 1:15 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:

And who are going to hire? Oh how remember when Butch went 5-6 his 3rd season and banners were flying. If Miami fans really think any coach can turn this program around over night I got some bad news for you.

UM was predicted to win the coastal In 2015. They didn't and the coach was fired.

UM, began the 2018 season ranked #8. Expected to finish the coastal with a win. Followed by being a strong contender for a playoff spot. Not to mention one of the weakest schedules In college.

Davis was a bad coach. UM also had top notch college and NFL talent on the roster when he took over. Like Ray Lewis etc. Richt has had to NFL talent. Better than Duke, FSU, UVA etc. He got his arse handed to him.

Richt was fired from UGA due to his inability to beat and own a weak ass division. Now, He's even worse in the same environment.

If you, or any UM fan, had any real testicular fortitude? You'd call out richt for this absolutely horrendous year and his inability to recruit. His son is garbage, his hires are garbage. He, in turn, is garbage.

He better pray Quarterman and Pinckney don't declare. Losing MJ, JJ, GW, SR, etc with what little they've replenished with is going to kill him.

The only potential saving grace for him will be if Jalen Hurts decides to leave. But, seeing as real contenders like osu, OU, LSU, and UO would all be vying for his services? You can scratch that too.

And to answer your question about whom? Pep Hamilton should be #1 on the list.

But, answer me this one. Why is it acceptable to be this horrendous in year three to you?

Like I
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 20th, 2018, 2:18 pm

Jezter13 wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

UM was predicted to win the coastal In 2015. They didn't and the coach was fired.

UM, began the 2018 season ranked #8. Expected to finish the coastal with a win. Followed by being a strong contender for a playoff spot. Not to mention one of the weakest schedules In college.

Davis was a bad coach. UM also had top notch college and NFL talent on the roster when he took over. Like Ray Lewis etc. Richt has had to NFL talent. Better than Duke, FSU, UVA etc. He got his arse handed to him.

Richt was fired from UGA due to his inability to beat and own a weak ass division. Now, He's even worse in the same environment.

If you, or any UM fan, had any real testicular fortitude? You'd call out richt for this absolutely horrendous year and his inability to recruit. His son is garbage, his hires are garbage. He, in turn, is garbage.

He better pray Quarterman and Pinckney don't declare. Losing MJ, JJ, GW, SR, etc with what little they've replenished with is going to kill him.

The only potential saving grace for him will be if Jalen Hurts decides to leave. But, seeing as real contenders like osu, OU, LSU, and UO would all be vying for his services? You can scratch that too.

But, answer me this one. Why is it acceptable to be this horrendous in year three to you?

Like I

Actually I blasted Richt for benching Perry in the UVA game in favor of Rosier which lead to the 4 game losing streak IMO. And I agree his kid shouldn’t be coaching QBs and the results have shown. Perry has talent and an arm. Hopefully we don’t get embarrassed against Whisky next week. Just wonder how long of a leash he has and how meaningful his donations to the U mean. Outside of beating FSU this season was disappointing.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » December 20th, 2018, 3:44 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

Like I

Actually I blasted Richt for benching Perry in the UVA game in favor of Rosier which lead to the 4 game losing streak IMO. And I agree his kid shouldn’t be coaching QBs and the results have shown. Perry has talent and an arm. Hopefully we don’t get embarrassed against Whisky next week. Just wonder how long of a leash he has and how meaningful his donations to the U mean. Outside of beating FSU this season was disappointing.

Perry isnt the future. The kid can't complete 50% of his passes. He's garbage. A run first 10 Cent head waste of space.

FSU wasn't a win. Taggart lost that game. He should have been fired from fsu after that one.

Wisconsin, should be a win. We have more talent. Period. Their defense isnt up to snuff. A loss would show more inability to coach.

It's pathetic that Diaz is coaching the game. Richt should have told him to take a hike and let the guys that he hired, the ones that have NEVER called a game, get their feet wet during this whole cycle.

Richt is coach klein. Never forget it.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FSUKW » December 20th, 2018, 4:13 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

Like I

Did you ever send that gift basket of money to those refs that helped you "win"?

:dog
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » December 20th, 2018, 4:16 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:I see FSU lost their QB commit to UNC. :owned

It's not fun watching ESD coverage and seeing recruits pick hats between BAMA/UGA/MICHIGAN/UF/CLEMSON/OHIO STATE and then you see some idiot daddy's boy pick a UNC hat over FSU.

That is a true.... :owned

How we have fallen...... :facepalm
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » December 20th, 2018, 4:20 pm

Jezter13 wrote:It's pathetic that Diaz is coaching the game. Richt should have told him to take a hike and let the guys that he hired, the ones that have NEVER called a game, get their feet wet during this whole cycle.

Sounds familiar.

Oh yea, Richt cost us a NC by taking the UGA job and still coaching us in the Orange Bowl. His team that led the nation in offense scored 0 points. Tell Diaz to take a hike.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 20th, 2018, 8:23 pm

FSUKW wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:I see FSU lost their QB commit to UNC. :owned

It's not fun watching ESD coverage and seeing recruits pick hats between BAMA/UGA/MICHIGAN/UF/CLEMSON/OHIO STATE and then you see some idiot daddy's boy pick a UNC hat over FSU.

That is a true.... :owned

How we have fallen...... :facepalm

If we lose Bell(OC), and as a result lose Howell(QB)... but gain Briles(OC), I'm okay with that.

Especially if we get Fields(QB) too.

That would be a MAJOR net gain at both OC and QB.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » December 20th, 2018, 10:19 pm

FSUKW wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

Like I

Did you ever send that gift basket of money to those refs that helped you "win"?

:dog

Your right tackle was getting molly whopped in the second half. I mean, it was like he didn't realize his job was to block. And your whole team, never!, put a TE over there. Never replaced him. Didn't do anything to help him. That's what lead to all the quick turnovers and the loss.

It was pathetic. How Taggart was not canned right after that game? To this day I don't understand.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Return to College Football