I used to only want 4 in the playoff

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

I used to only want 4 in the playoff

Postby CraigKressel » December 8th, 2018, 8:11 pm

I want 16 or 32 now. CFB will be dead in 5 years without expansion.

1. You have tons of key players sitting out major bowls making them completely irrelevant, like Will Grier. The post season is pointless other than the playoffs because of the new trend in sitting out.
2. The committee doesn't even follow their own rules, lies constantly, changes the reason from year to year for ranking teams a certain way, is super biased, has ESPN influence. Go back to the polls or make some real rules and have some transparency.

Perfect example is the chairman of the committee said that Georgia, OU, OSU were not unequivocally better than one another so then the conference championship came into play and that is why OU was 4th over Georgia, but doesn't that contradict the ranking of Georgia being OSU? Follow your own fucking guidelines you morons.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Re: I used to only want 4 in the playoff

Postby Eye_of_Horus » December 8th, 2018, 11:01 pm

CFB won't be dead in 5 years regardless of what the post season is like then.

32 teams would great, but I think we are long ways from that happening. If we can get to 8 teams, that's a great start.
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby FSUKW » December 8th, 2018, 11:09 pm

The number of playoff teams should float every year. Whatever Ohio State is ranked is the number of teams in the playoff.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » December 8th, 2018, 11:57 pm

CraigKressel wrote:You have tons of key players sitting out major bowls making them completely irrelevant, like Will Grier. The post season is pointless other than the playoffs because of the new trend in sitting out.

Grier's a pussy. If you sit out a the bowl bowl you should have to pay back a portion of your scholarship or let your teammates beat you down prison style for 15 minutes.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 9th, 2018, 11:37 pm

FSUKW wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:You have tons of key players sitting out major bowls making them completely irrelevant, like Will Grier. The post season is pointless other than the playoffs because of the new trend in sitting out.

Grier's a pussy. If you sit out a the bowl bowl you should have to pay back a portion of your scholarship or let your teammates beat you down prison style for 15 minutes.

I agree. Hard for me to respect someone who basically quits on his team.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 9th, 2018, 11:41 pm

128 team playoff. Once your team is eliminated, fill the remaining weeks with exhibition games. Seeding is based on previous year's playoff/exhibition results (SOS is a factor).
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Eye_of_Horus » December 10th, 2018, 12:48 am

FSUKW wrote:The number of playoff teams should float every year. Whatever Ohio State is ranked is the number of teams in the playoff.

:ROFL2
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby CraigKressel » December 10th, 2018, 2:28 pm

FSUKW wrote:

Pretty soon it will be 100s of players.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » December 10th, 2018, 2:29 pm

FSUKW wrote:The number of playoff teams should float every year. Whatever Ohio State is ranked is the number of teams in the playoff.

They would keep ranking them lower based on the guidelines of the committee rules.

Honestly I wasn't mad about OSU not making it, OU vs OSU was debatable. Georgia being 5th was absolutely disgusting though and you should be concerned as a CFB fan.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » December 10th, 2018, 3:58 pm

CraigKressel wrote:

They would keep ranking them lower based on the guidelines of the committee rules.

Honestly I wasn't mad about OSU not making it, OU vs OSU was debatable. Georgia being 5th was absolutely disgusting though and you should be concerned as a CFB fan.

I was not a fan of BAMA making it last year. (your last game of regular season play being a loss and you make the playoffs and not being conf cg). No need to reply JD, I know your opinion. LOL

I am also not a fan of two teams from same conference making it. JD....ditto from above...LOL

I did not watch enough Oklahoma/OSU games to really have an opinion on who made it. Would have been fine with either.

Georgia being 5th was ridiculous but 5th or 20th, I don't care as long as they did not make the playoff.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » December 10th, 2018, 7:20 pm

:thought :chatterbox :lolthumb
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby CraigKressel » December 10th, 2018, 9:51 pm

FSUKW wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:

I was not a fan of BAMA making it last year. (your last game of regular season play being a loss and you make the playoffs and not being conf cg). No need to reply JD, I know your opinion. LOL

I am also not a fan of two teams from same conference making it. JD....ditto from above...LOL

I did not watch enough Oklahoma/OSU games to really have an opinion on who made it. Would have been fine with either.

Georgia being 5th was ridiculous but 5th or 20th, I don't care as long as they did not make the playoff.

It matters man and here is why it matters 2017 was the exact fucking opposite only worse, basically what they did with Georgia in 2017 proves if you stick to that standard then Ohio State should have been in over Alabama in 2018. I personally felt it should have been Wisconsin if you were turned off by the Iowa loss.

Here is why.

Georgia 2018 = Ohio State 2017
Alabama 2018 = Ohio State 2018

Only it is worse than that Ohio State 2017 had a better resume than Georgia 2018 and Ohio State 2018 had a better resume than Alabama 2017.

They had a conference championship and bigger wins, a harder schedule, than the SEC counterparts both times. The losses were worse but not that much worse, Alabama and Georgia were both dominated pretty much in their losses and the Georgia Alabama game is relatively equal to the OU loss for Ohio State.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Return to College Football