Any predictions for the weekend?

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Any predictions for the weekend?

Postby CraigKressel » November 19th, 2018, 5:35 pm

I think the only major upsets will be LSU by Texas AM, Washington State by Washington maybe Ohio State upsetting Michigan but kind of doubt it right now.

I am hoping for absolute anarchy.

Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, ND, Washington State, Oklahoma, Michigan all lose and we have absolute insanity sorting it out.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Re: Any predictions for the weekend?

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 19th, 2018, 6:42 pm

CraigKressel wrote:I think the only major upsets will be LSU by Texas AM, Washington State by Washington maybe Ohio State upsetting Michigan but kind of doubt it right now.

Alabama, Georgia, Clemson, ND, Washington State, Oklahoma, Michigan all lose and we have absolute insanity sorting it out.

A&M is favored (-2.5) against LSU. I wouldn't call that a major upset.

Washington is only 3-point dog, and Meatchicken is only favored by 4.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » November 19th, 2018, 6:46 pm

CraigKressel wrote:I think the only major upsets will be LSU by Texas AM, Washington State by Washington maybe Ohio State upsetting Michigan but kind of doubt it right now.

If they all lose...

Alabama probably stays number 1
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 19th, 2018, 6:58 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:

I think LSU (+2.5) upsets A&M, and WSU (-3) and Michigan (-4) cover.

I think GT loses by less than (+17).
Tennessee upsets ( :shock: ) Vandy.
ULCA beats spread (+5) against Stanford, but loses.
Oklahoma St (-4.5) covers against TCU.
ND (-11) covers against USC.
BC beats spread (+7) against Syracuse.
Georgia Southern (-12) covers against GA State.
Miami (-5.5) covers against Pitt.
Minnesota beats spread (+10) against Wisconsin.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 19th, 2018, 6:59 pm

JdPat04 wrote:

If they all lose...

Alabama probably stays number 1

"'Quality win' legitimizes Bama"
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » November 19th, 2018, 9:00 pm

To be honest I don't really even understand why Alabama is 1 right now other than they are probably the best team and have controlled the games better. Really Notre Dame should be ranked 1 they have the best wins of the 3 undefeated teams and they have been close to as dominant, they haven't played any super chumps like the other 2 have either.

I think that if that scenario happened it would be something like.

Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, LSU, WVU, Michigan, Georgia, UCF, Oklahoma, WSU.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » November 19th, 2018, 9:31 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:

How in the hell is a supposedly #8 ranked team an underdog to an unranked team?

Answer: because they are not worthy of #8 to begin with.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » November 19th, 2018, 9:34 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

I think LSU (+2.5) upsets A&M, and WSU (-3) and Michigan (-4) cover.

I think GT loses by less than (+17).
Tennessee upsets ( :shock: ) Vandy.
ULCA beats spread (+5) against Stanford, but loses.
Oklahoma St (-4.5) covers against TCU.
ND (-11) covers against USC.
BC beats spread (+7) against Syracuse.
Georgia Southern (-12) covers against GA State.
Miami (-5.5) covers against Pitt.
Minnesota beats spread (+10) against Wisconsin.

#13 gets upset...... :2thumbs

(depending on which bi-polar personality of their opponent shows up)
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » November 19th, 2018, 9:35 pm

FSUKW wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

How in the hell is a supposedly #8 ranked team an underdog to an unranked team?

Answer: because they are not worthy of #8 to begin with.

Yep no shit, they are just being ranked that high because of Alabama and Georgia and SEC garbage. LSU should be about 15th, Florida, Kentucky, Miss State are vastly overrated too. How the hell did Kentucky not fall to unranked or nearly unranked after losing to Tennessee like that?
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » November 19th, 2018, 9:46 pm

Read this article and tell me what is says after the second sentence (where I stopped reading)

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/280 ... tgKUewTVS0

Here is the article for those scared to click a link.

Notre Dame Is Blowing Up the College Football Playoff System

No conference? No problem for Notre Dame, which is one minor hurdle away from a College Football Playoff that's supposed to be a reward for power-conference champs.

No. 3 Notre Dame vs. No. 12 Syracuse was supposed to be the best game of Week 12. Heck, as far as the top eight spots in the College Football Playoff rankings are concerned, it should've been the only game worth monitoring into the fourth quarter.

But in a game that most stopped watching by halftime, the Fighting Irish blew out the Orange 36-3 at Yankee Stadium.

With Notre Dame QB Ian Book back under center after missing last week's game against Florida State—and with Syracuse QB Eric Dungey leaving the game midway through the first quarter with an upper-body injury—this one got ugly in a hurry. The Orange entered the day ranked sixth in the nation in scoring at 44.4 points per game, but they didn't even take a snap inside the ND 40 until a few minutes into the fourth quarter.

It was a statement win for Notre Dame and its defense—Dungey or not. The Fighting Irish have now held four of their last seven opponents below 250 yards of total offense. That list of shut-down games includes ACC Coastal Division champion Pittsburgh and Big Ten West Division champion Northwestern.

Had this been a close win by Notre Dame, it might have opened the door for the Fighting Irish to get leapfrogged out of the CFP Top Four in the next two weeks. (Probably not, but it would have at least been a point of contention from some fans during conference championship week.)

Had Notre Dame lost to Syracuse, it almost certainly would have dropped out of the playoff picture for good.

Instead, the Fighting Irish merely need a road win over scuffling, 5-6 USC to secure a spot in a playoff that was constructed to keep them out.

Perhaps that's an insincere way to phrase it. The brainiacs behind the playoff's inception didn't sit down in a conference room and say, "All right, how can we make sure Notre Dame never wins another national championship?" Or, at least we can assume that isn't how it all went down.

However, the intent of the four-team playoff—aside from lots and lots of extra advertising revenue for the NCAA—was to make sure that undefeated power-conference champions and the really good one-loss ones had a chance to play for a national championship.

Over the last six years of the BCS (2008-13), each team ranked No. 3 or 4 in the final standings had either zero or one losses. With the exception of a couple of 12-0 years from TCU when it was still in the Mountain West, those teams were either power-conference champions, teams that suffered their sole loss of the season to another team in the top six of the final standings, or both.

Many of those teams were outstanding and deserved a better fate than they were given by a bunch of computer formulas.

In 2008, Texas' only loss of the season came on the road on the final second of the last game of a four-week gauntlet against teams in the Top 11 of the AP poll, but it was enough to keep the Longhorns from finishing at No. 1 or No. 2.

In 2009, Cincinnati went undefeated in the Big East (R.I.P.) only to get left out of the national championship because of two other undefeated power-conference champs.

In 2011, Oklahoma State went 11-1 with wins over four ranked teams, but a double-overtime road loss to Iowa State kept the Cowboys at No. 3 and out of the all-SEC title game between Alabama and LSU.

In 2013, Michigan State went 12-1 with a stunning win over Ohio State in the Big Ten Championship Game, but a four-point road loss to a ranked Notre Dame team in September doomed the Spartans to No. 4 in the standings.

The playoff was conceived so those types of great teams could get a shot at winning it all.

But if there aren't any major upsets in the final two weeks of this season, it'll be not one, but two one-loss power-conference champions—not to mention undefeated UCF for a second straight year—left in the lurch while independent Notre Dame plays in a national semifinal.

We mean no disrespect to Notre Dame here. The Fighting Irish beat Michigan. They smashed Syracuse. And it's not their fault that Stanford, Virginia Tech, Florida State and USC all turned out to be way worse than anyone imagined. Before the season even began, it was obvious Notre Dame would have a sensational case for a spot in the playoff if it ran the table against this schedule.

You better believe Big 12 Commissioner Bob Bowlsby will have something to say about it, though.

He was furious in 2014 when both Baylor and TCU were left out of the playoff at Nos. 5 and 6, respectively, due in large part to not playing a conference championship game. But now that the league has one—the best one, for what it's worth, since the lack of divisions in the Big 12 makes this the only power conference that guarantees the top two teams face each other—it still might not matter.

If Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Michigan and Oklahoma all win out, the Sooners and mega-stud QB Kyler Murray are going to finish at No. 5, behind a Fighting Irish team that doesn't play a conference championship game.

(Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott won't be too thrilled, either, as Washington State could get to 12-1 and conceivably not even finish in the Top Six, given its pathetic nonconference slate and the overall weakness of the rest of that conference.)

The good news for those of you of the mindset that including four teams isn't enough and the playoff should be expanded to six or eight teams, this is the type of perfect storm that could turn that pipe dream into a serious conversation among the people who matter. We could be headed for four undefeated teams, a trio of one-loss power-conference champions and a pair of excellent two-loss also-rans out of the SEC. That's quite a few quality teams (and conferences) that are going to be mighty unhappy about not getting to play for a title.

It's not going to change anything this year, though. Barring a disaster at USC next Saturday, Notre Dame is going to lock up a spot in the playoff while (at least) two power conferences prepare for a league championship game that won't much matter to the selection committee.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » November 20th, 2018, 12:45 am

CraigKressel wrote:To be honest I don't really even understand why Alabama is 1 right now other than they are probably the best team and have controlled the games better. Really Notre Dame should be ranked 1 they have the best wins of the 3 undefeated teams and they have been close to as dominant, they haven't played any super chumps like the other 2 have either.

Alabama, Clemson, Notre Dame, Ohio State, LSU, WVU, Michigan, Georgia, UCF, Oklahoma, WSU.

Notre Dame player chumps likes Vandy and had to get a Struggle Win.

When Bama played Chumps, or legit teams, no struggle wins... yet. We shall see if that continues or not but that is why Alabama is #1. Every other team has a loss or has had some struggles.

We are also defending champs with Saban still the head coach and Tua and blah blah blah. That’s why we are #1. That and you said we are the best team.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby CraigKressel » November 20th, 2018, 3:23 pm

Vanderbilt isn't Furman or Citadel. Alabama struggled to win vs Citadel I watched the 1st half of that game on and off and it looked evenly matched, really Citadel controlled the 1st half. Louisville, Citadel, Arkansas, ULL are worse than any team on Notre Dame's schedule other than maybe Ball State, if you replaced those games with 4 mediocre teams Alabama might have struggled a little more. Vandy and Ball State games also were both before ND made a change at QB too, since then really no one has given them much of a game other than Pitt and NW 2 teams playing for conference championships.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » November 20th, 2018, 3:25 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:To be honest I don't really even understand why Alabama is 1 right now other than they are probably the best team and have controlled the games better. Really Notre Dame should be ranked 1 they have the best wins of the 3 undefeated teams and they have been close to as dominant, they haven't played any super chumps like the other 2 have either.

Notre Dame player chumps likes Vandy and had to get a Struggle Win.

When Bama played Chumps, or legit teams, no struggle wins... yet. We shall see if that continues or not but that is why Alabama is #1. Every other team has a loss or has had some struggles.

We are also defending champs with Saban still the head coach and Tua and blah blah blah. That’s why we are #1. That and you said we are the best team.

In the playoff rankings Saban, defending champs should not be taken into consideration. It is a joke really you guys were gifted in 2011, 2012, almost in 2013, then last year just because of Alabama. It should be subjective and transparent, instead it is biased and lacks transparency. The playoff committee really needs to start releasing their discussions or at least highlights so we know WTF they are doing what they are doing. This year has been insane with the ACC and SEC rankings bias.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 20th, 2018, 5:25 pm

Where are all these predictions, faggots? :toetap
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » November 20th, 2018, 5:46 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:Where are all these predictions, faggots? :toetap

Really I could see any team losing this week, every major team is playing someone capable of beating them.

I am hoping WSU, Oklahoma, Michigan, Georgia, LSU lose. Wouldn't mind seeing Bama lose but I want Ohio State to play them in the playoffs and pull off the upset when they are considered the greatest of all time.

Ballsy to want that with the way Ohio State is playing right now but I think they are capable of winning the playoffs if they put a complete game together in both games, they just have been inconsistent in 1 or 2 phases almost every game this year but at times have been great in all phases in different games. It is similar to what happened in 2014 but that team was playing pretty elite by this point in the season.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 20th, 2018, 7:04 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:Where are all these predictions, faggots? :toetap

Really I could see any team losing this week, every major team is playing someone capable of beating them.

BOLD PREDICTION
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » November 20th, 2018, 7:31 pm

CraigKressel wrote:Vanderbilt isn't Furman or Citadel. Alabama struggled to win vs Citadel I watched the 1st half of that game on and off and it looked evenly matched, really Citadel controlled the 1st half. Louisville, Citadel, Arkansas, ULL are worse than any team on Notre Dame's schedule other than maybe Ball State, if you replaced those games with 4 mediocre teams Alabama might have struggled a little more. Vandy and Ball State games also were both before ND made a change at QB too, since then really no one has given them much of a game other than Pitt and NW 2 teams playing for conference championships.

:biglol

For basically all of ohsu’s wins to be struggle wins, you sure as shit don’t know what they are.

We haven’t struggled once but you think that if we had played Vandy instead of Arky that we would’ve struggled?

We aren’t ohsu
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Eye_of_Horus » November 20th, 2018, 7:54 pm

Wazzup losing to US is highly possible.

tOSU beating UM is 50/50 imo. Michigan coming into the game overconfident could spell death for them.
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby CraigKressel » November 20th, 2018, 8:12 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:Vanderbilt isn't Furman or Citadel. Alabama struggled to win vs Citadel I watched the 1st half of that game on and off and it looked evenly matched, really Citadel controlled the 1st half. Louisville, Citadel, Arkansas, ULL are worse than any team on Notre Dame's schedule other than maybe Ball State, if you replaced those games with 4 mediocre teams Alabama might have struggled a little more. Vandy and Ball State games also were both before ND made a change at QB too, since then really no one has given them much of a game other than Pitt and NW 2 teams playing for conference championships.

:biglol

For basically all of ohsu’s wins to be struggle wins, you sure as shit don’t know what they are.

We haven’t struggled once but you think that if we had played Vandy instead of Arky that we would’ve struggled?

We aren’t ohsu

What the hell was Alabama last year? They played just like Ohio State did this year then played 2 good games in the Playoffs.

I watched part of that Arkansas game and your team did struggle some perhaps if it was Vandy it would have been closer, perhaps if you played a Stanford or VT instead of Citadel last week they could have lost.

The Miss State game if not gifted that bullshit early on by the refs that game would have been pretty close.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » November 20th, 2018, 11:02 pm

We were champions last year?
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Next

Return to College Football