Didn't LSU destroy Miami?

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Didn't LSU destroy Miami?

Postby Muck FcDisney » October 8th, 2018, 2:19 pm

FSUKW wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:If we did not run this dog shit RPO and ran a similar offense that these players were recruited for, we would be fine right now. It is the new system, not the coach.

:timeout

Have you seen our OL?

We can pass protect better than run in the RPO because it’s usually 3 step drop and a pass. When we run, it’s slower developing and the DE’s crash in and tackle the rb.

Set up in the “I”, snap it and hand off, let the rb do his thing with time rather than be tackled the second he touches it.

When they do that, the QB is supposed to keep the ball. He's had dozens of free runs of at least 5-10 yards (including several in the Miami game), but refuses to run or can't make a simple read. I cannot stress enough how simple this read is.

FSU does not need to abandon its offense midseason. The QB needs to make better reads (I've lost hope for DF in this regard), and the backs need to do a better job of finding holes (they were better against Miami than they have been all year). Despite being without our only good OL (has only played the first half against VT and against UL), the line somehow looked... not horrible against Miami.

Given DF's inability to read, I can only think of one solution: call "RPOs" that are actually designed QB runs about 20% of the time. Once he sees how many easy yards he's leaving on the field, maybe he'll start taking them. If not, he's either too scared or too retarded to play QB in this system.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » October 8th, 2018, 2:39 pm

FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
08GatorBait wrote:Lol bragging about beating Mac and Muschamp
Both equally if not worse than Golden.

We now have the best coach in the state. Richt is and always will be a shitty big game coach. No one does less with more maybe in CFB history. Mullen only needed half a season to get two ranked wins. One top five, one on the road. Mullen vs Richt...LOL. I'll take Mullen without question.

As for FSU. Yep. They dominated with a top tier coach in Fisher. As we did with Meyer. Now. We have the better coach again. So I feel pretty comfortable going forward. We will beat FSU soundly. Our lines are significantly better. We are more efficient. We are best in the nation at creating turnovers. We just whipped a like that gave up 8 sacks all season. FSUs line will get their QB killed verse us. Worst offensive line vs a nasty defensive line that is finally healthy. Not worried about FSU much. Can't win the trenches, you aren't winning the game.

If you win (I said "if") you will have to enjoy the win against our worst team in 40 years. When (I said "when") we are good again in a year or two, you will be back to dog shit even though I am not convinced you are as good as you advertise.

Miami's defense is better than yours by a long shot and their offense is better by a long shot as well. I like our chances.

Just do me a favor and stay cocky.

I will agree on the first part of this being one of FSU’s worst teams. (Can’t say the worst because I don’t know enough about them)

What I don’t agree with is that you know UF will be back to being dog shit.

Is this rival talk or real talk? If the latter, why?

They have had 2 seasons of 4-8 and 4-7 in the last 5 years. We have not had one since the 70's. We have been recruiting better routinely. If we did not run this dog shit RPO and ran a similar offense that these players were recruited for, we would be fine right now. It is the new system, not the coach.

Mullen going 69-46 at Miss State does not give me wood like it does 08.

08 says WT is dog shit hire but Mullen went 5-7 his first year at Miss State and now he somehow walks on water after 69-46. WT has not even completed his first season. Is it safe to say if WT goes 5-7 this year he will one day be walking on water?

Despite how bad anyone thinks we are now, we are head and shoulders better than we were 6 games ago. We just played Miami who had a Top 2 defense and a Top 50 offense. UF has neither of those as of this post. Pardon me 08 if I am not trembling.

Their offense is #92 in the country. Ours is #96. Miami is #56.

I don't care who they beat. LSU will lose again.

For him to be so definitive in his victory prediction when we just played a better team and lost (should have won) by 1 is cocky, especially for a rivalry game.

As I said before I believe 08 has been too much and y’all have been saying the right stuff for the most part.

However I do believe Dan Mullen deserves credit for what he did in Miss St and he might just be able to do something good in Gainesville.

I honestly would rather have Mullen over Taggart and would’ve rather had him for FSU or UF or Bama if I had been choosing. That might be the wrong choice but i said before that I thought FSU deserved better.

Now I have no problem with you think Mullen is overrated or won’t be good. It was the “Uf will return to dog shit”

I guess you were saying back to the dog shit of the past few years. I was reading it as Dog shit like Miss St, South Car, etc...

Looking at it UF is in the top 4 of the SEC of teams so that’s why I was disagreeing with the “return to dogshit” comment. Though it seems I misunderstood it.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FSUKW » October 8th, 2018, 2:40 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:If we did not run this dog shit RPO and ran a similar offense that these players were recruited for, we would be fine right now. It is the new system, not the coach.

Have you seen our OL?

We can pass protect better than run in the RPO because it’s usually 3 step drop and a pass. When we run, it’s slower developing and the DE’s crash in and tackle the rb.

Set up in the “I”, snap it and hand off, let the rb do his thing with time rather than be tackled the second he touches it.

When they do that, the QB is supposed to keep the ball. He's had dozens of free runs of at least 5-10 yards (including several in the Miami game), but refuses to run or can't make a simple read. I cannot stress enough how simple this read is.

FSU does not need to abandon its offense midseason. The QB needs to make better reads (I've lost hope for DF in this regard), and the backs need to do a better job of finding holes (they were better against Miami than they have been all year). Despite being without our only good OL (has only played the first half against VT and against UL), the line somehow looked... not horrible against Miami.

Given DF's inability to read, I can only think of one solution: call "RPOs" that are actually designed QB runs about 20% of the time. Once he sees how many easy yards he's leaving on the field, maybe he'll start taking them. If not, he's either too scared or too retarded to play QB in this system.

If the backs were better it was only slightly better as we had a wopping 70 rushing yards.

I am not suggesting we abandon it, but we need to pass more to open the run. We are very predictable. DF is a pro style QB and has proven when he has time, he can throw very well. We are as predictable as the day is long in our run game and defenses are feasting on it.

I absolutely cannot stand watching this garbage.

DF, despite being in this RPO and playing like shit in it, is not to far off his 2016 pace (yards, TD's and CP) and well on his way to blowing JB's 2017 stats out of the water.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby 08GatorBait » October 8th, 2018, 3:06 pm

I know these FSU morons did not compare FSU and Miss State as though equal programs.

Taggart walked into top five talent. Mullen walked into a team with one season with more than four wins the last five years in State. It shows just how bad their argument is. They have to compare their coach at FSU to Mullen at State.

Why?

Because Florida has played three ranked teams. Went 2-1. Including a top five team.

FSU played one. 0-1. Tech isn't ranked anymore..and even ODU can beat that weak ass team.

Taggart is not remotely comparable to Mullen. Mullen went into the SEC West with the worst program and did a damn good job making them relevant. That's insanely impressive to anyone who knows even a little about football.

Now he's at UF. A four win team with the worst QB in the SEC.

In less than a year. Frank's is now actually middle of the road, which is vast improvement in comparison. The Oline is better, the team is tougher, special teams is one of the best in the nation.

Oh. And he is 5-1. He's made adjustments every game. After UK we learned a lot of mistakes on how we ran the offense.

Next game. We went deep ball on Tenn. Followed by short game and screens vs State. Then mid range and outside runs vs LSU.

His ability to adapt the game plan is what makes him substantially better than Taggart. Taggart recruits well no doubt. But coaching? Nothing he has done has been all that impressive. Now he has one of the most loaded rosters in CFB, and loses to Syracuse in a manhandled blowout. Can't even show up vs an average at best Tech team. Loses to Miami, who LSU made look like children in a man's game(the one we manhandled btw at both lines).

Your defense will keep you in the game, but your Oline will get destroyed by out front seven. Ask State and LSU how good it is now. Missed four of the front seven for UK. We don't have depth because Mac sucks and Shannon recruiter all three stars. The starting group is straight nasty though.

End of day. UF is already making statement wins. FSU is trying to get to a bowl. Don't try to tell me FSU is lacking talent and UF is loaded. It's bullshit. Our staff is better at coaching. You just have a fuck load of recruiters posing as coaches at this point. See y'all in November. I may be there. If so we should grab some beer fuckers. UF has the staff. We are taking the rivalry nack. You'll get an elite coach in three years with a loaded roster of underdeveloped blue chips. Then it will be a great rivalry again.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby mrfree » October 8th, 2018, 3:50 pm

This nigga really think mullen is the best coach in the state. What a clown lol
mrfree

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby mrfree » October 8th, 2018, 3:50 pm

08GatorBait wrote:I know these FSU morons did not compare FSU and Miss State as though equal programs.

Taggart walked into top five talent. Mullen walked into a team with one season with more than four wins the last five years in State. It shows just how bad their argument is. They have to compare their coach at FSU to Mullen at State.

Why?

Because Florida has played three ranked teams. Went 2-1. Including a top five team.

FSU played one. 0-1. Tech isn't ranked anymore..and even ODU can beat that weak ass team.

Taggart is not remotely comparable to Mullen. Mullen went into the SEC West with the worst program and did a damn good job making them relevant. That's insanely impressive to anyone who knows even a little about football.

Now he's at UF. A four win team with the worst QB in the SEC.

In less than a year. Frank's is now actually middle of the road, which is vast improvement in comparison. The Oline is better, the team is tougher, special teams is one of the best in the nation.

Oh. And he is 5-1. He's made adjustments every game. After UK we learned a lot of mistakes on how we ran the offense.

Next game. We went deep ball on Tenn. Followed by short game and screens vs State. Then mid range and outside runs vs LSU.

His ability to adapt the game plan is what makes him substantially better than Taggart. Taggart recruits well no doubt. But coaching? Nothing he has done has been all that impressive. Now he has one of the most loaded rosters in CFB, and loses to Syracuse in a manhandled blowout. Can't even show up vs an average at best Tech team. Loses to Miami, who LSU made look like children in a man's game(the one we manhandled btw at both lines).

Your defense will keep you in the game, but your Oline will get destroyed by out front seven. Ask State and LSU how good it is now. Missed four of the front seven for UK. We don't have depth because Mac sucks and Shannon recruiter all three stars. The starting group is straight nasty though.

End of day. UF is already making statement wins. FSU is trying to get to a bowl. Don't try to tell me FSU is lacking talent and UF is loaded. It's bullshit. Our staff is better at coaching. You just have a fuck load of recruiters posing as coaches at this point. See y'all in November. I may be there. If so we should grab some beer fuckers. UF has the staff. We are taking the rivalry nack. You'll get an elite coach in three years with a loaded roster of underdeveloped blue chips. Then it will be a great rivalry again.

Yall getting bodied. Dont show up
mrfree

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » October 8th, 2018, 7:33 pm

08's been drinking heavily, be it Kool-aid or alcohol or both.

Kentucky: garbage, 7 points offensively in 5 quarters against TAMU. Still waxed the floor with UFailures.
Miss State: garbage, see Kentucky, also a calendar to see what year it is.
LSU: garbage for a "#5" team. They've been horrific on offense since before Les Miles left.

The only thing that LSU loss did was further confirm how trash Miami(FL) is: the Canes will get pwned when they face a team with a pulse. It's hilarious considering FSU had a larger lead on Miami(FL) than they did on Samford. :dog

Alabama should cruise to an easy title.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » October 8th, 2018, 7:59 pm

FSUKW wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Have you seen our OL?

If the backs were better it was only slightly better as we had a wopping 70 rushing yards.

I am not suggesting we abandon it, but we need to pass more to open the run. We are very predictable. DF is a pro style QB and has proven when he has time, he can throw very well. We are as predictable as the day is long in our run game and defenses are feasting on it.

I absolutely cannot stand watching this garbage.

DF, despite being in this RPO and playing like shit in it, is not to far off his 2016 pace (yards, TD's and CP) and well on his way to blowing JB's 2017 stats out of the water.

The RBs had 83 yards on 22 carries. 3.77 avg. Miami is the best defense we've faced. Our best OL didn't play.
vs UL - 55 yards on 21 carries. 2.61. Our best OL DID play. UL defense is below average.
vs NIU - 147 yards on 45 carries. 3.27. Best OL did not play. NIU defense is decent.
vs Cuse - 65 yards on 14 carries. 4.64. Best OL did not play. Cuse defense is laughable.
vs VT - 122 yards on 21 carries. 5.81. Best OL played most of first half. VT defense is... erratic. We actually ran better against them than ND did, but 5 turnovers will kill you.

But aside from the stats, the RBs looked better. They hit the holes more often and had (I think) less carries for zero or negative yards.

Call me old-fashioned, but I still think the run opens up the pass more than the other way around. Balance is best. We had 33 runs and 32 passes on Saturday (and a few of the "runs" were sacks on passing plays).

Frenchy also had 198 yards rushing in 2016. (-26) this year.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby mrfree » October 8th, 2018, 8:01 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:08's been drinking heavily, be it Kool-aid or alcohol or both.

Kentucky: garbage, 7 points offensively in 5 quarters against TAMU. Still waxed the floor with UFailures.
LSU: garbage for a "#5" team. They've been horrific on offense since before Les Miles left.

The only thing that LSU loss did was further confirm how trash Miami(FL) is: the Canes will get pwned when they face a team with a pulse. It's hilarious considering FSU had a larger lead on Miami(FL) than they did on Samford. :dog

We trash but we won #dosomething
mrfree

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » October 8th, 2018, 8:07 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:08's been drinking heavily, be it Kool-aid or alcohol or both.

Go make me a Sammich you dumb nigger. We spotted your sorry asses 20 points and came back and beat you with a freshman QB. :ROFL

And a lot of your croots were there watching. :lol:
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FSUKW » October 8th, 2018, 8:11 pm

mrfree wrote:

We trash but we won #dosomething

You should have been flagged for too many men on the field on every play. You routinely had 19 guys on the field. 11 + 8 officials. That's a tough squad to beat.

It's crazy really. When you score more points, you should win. Somehow we didn't.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby mrfree » October 8th, 2018, 8:12 pm

Doesnt matter what yall say..we won.

#dosomething
mrfree

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » October 8th, 2018, 8:19 pm

mrfree wrote:Doesnt matter what yall say..we won.

#dosomething

If anything. I believe both teams will improve and get better after this game.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby mrfree » October 8th, 2018, 8:21 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:

#dosomething

Fsu defense is legit. Those motherfucking got some bad boys on the dline. They are gonna smoke the soft ass gators
mrfree

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » October 8th, 2018, 8:26 pm

mrfree wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

#dosomething

Fsu defense is legit. Those motherfucking got some bad boys on the dline. They are gonna smoke the soft ass gators

I still like what i see with Perry. Im questioning why he wasnt ready to start against LSU. Our Oline is still shitty with leftover Golden boys.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby mrfree » October 8th, 2018, 8:31 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
mrfree wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

#dosomething

I still like what i see with Perry. Im questioning why he wasnt ready to start against LSU. Our Oline is still shitty with leftover Golden boys.

Well he was suspended for that game lol
We still have alot of weaknesses especially in oline and special teams. We are lucky our division is trash and i think we can take it.

My issue with richt is that he isn't creative at all. We run the same formations every game and it gets predictable
mrfree

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » October 8th, 2018, 8:45 pm

mrfree wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
mrfree wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

#dosomething

Well he was suspended for that game lol
We still have alot of weaknesses especially in oline and special teams. We are lucky our division is trash and i think we can take it.

My issue with richt is that he isn't creative at all. We run the same formations every game and it gets predictable

I still think he needs another year or two to develop his recruits. We got freshmen who are more talented then our upperclassmen. But there freshmen. And were still not at full schollys from the Shapiro shit. But hey. Weve beaten both of our in state rivals last time we played. Progress :4thumbs
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Previous

Return to College Football