AP poll thoughts

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

AP poll thoughts

Postby Muck FcDisney » September 30th, 2018, 8:05 pm

Who the fuck still has Clemson at #1? :crazy

Notre Dame is gonna make the playoffs.

WVU is overrated.

Kinfucky jumped Stanford, Michigan, Wisconsin, and miami. I don't think they'd beat any of those teams.

LOLorado should not be ranked. Their opponents have a ...combined record of 1-16.

UF replaces MSU as the obligatory SECt team that shouldn't be ranked and won't be ranked next week.

How quickly they forgot that VT got wrecked by ODU.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: AP poll thoughts

Postby JdPat04 » September 30th, 2018, 8:24 pm

Same guy from Kansas City that I posted last week
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby JdPat04 » September 30th, 2018, 8:28 pm

I think UK could beat Wisconsin then odds decrease with Miami then Mich, then Stanford is the least likely.

I think UK has played more consistent ball than Wisky, Mich, and Stanford, but the others have played better.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FSUKW » September 30th, 2018, 8:31 pm

Kentucky could go 11-1 but not because they are good.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » September 30th, 2018, 9:00 pm

FSUKW wrote:Kentucky could go 11-1 but not because they are good.

I think they will lose to A&M or Misery, if not both.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » September 30th, 2018, 9:35 pm

Miami wins big and drops a point. :dunno
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby JdPat04 » September 30th, 2018, 9:48 pm

I think any team that goes 11-1 is still “good”.

Great? Nah.
Good? Yeah.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » September 30th, 2018, 9:59 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:Miami wins big and drops a point. :dunno

Because Kinfucky is SECt, yo.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » September 30th, 2018, 10:03 pm

JdPat04 wrote:

Great? Nah.
Good? Yeah.

A lot of teams could with that schedule. Only guaranteed loss is UGA.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » September 30th, 2018, 10:55 pm

FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Great? Nah.
Good? Yeah.

Could Wisconsin?
Could Texas?
Could penn st?
Ok st?

Just 11-1?

And yes they could, just as Kentucky CAN. Those other teams could also lose a few more just as Kentucky can.

My point at the moment is that I’m not saying they are great but I haven’t seen anything to say they aren’t good from what we have so far. We’ve seen just about every team look weak at times to looking like shit at times. I think it’s still unknown, but they aren’t a playoff team for sure.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » September 30th, 2018, 11:50 pm

What's "good" and "great" though? Is top 6 great and 7-25 good? :dunno
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » October 1st, 2018, 12:02 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:What's "good" and "great" though? Is top 6 great and 7-25 good? :dunno

Right now... top 3 might be great, maybe top 6 thinking a bit more.

(These aren’t really in order, more grouped together)

Bama
UGA
OSU
OU
WVU
ND would be the safest bets.

The next ones being
LSU
Auburn
UK
UCF
Stanford
Oregon
Penn St
Wisky
Miami

And leaving a few out of course. We will of course see things shake out differently over the next 2 weeks alone that will change our perspective some more. Not much separates Penn St and OSU except we see that Penn St just isn’t a great team and can’t reach the top, while OSU can and does.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby CraigKressel » October 1st, 2018, 1:05 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:Who the fuck still has Clemson at #1? :crazy

WVU is overrated.

Kinfucky jumped Stanford, Michigan, Wisconsin, and miami. I don't think they'd beat any of those teams.

LOLorado should not be ranked. Their opponents have a ...combined record of 1-16.

UF replaces MSU as the obligatory SECt team that shouldn't be ranked and won't be ranked next week.

Kentucky, SEC thing of course. WTF are they jumping so high for beating UF and MSU? Miss State clearly is not that good and UF well why does anyone get credit for beating them until they actually do something, they have been pretty terrible for a decade.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » October 1st, 2018, 1:12 am

CraigKressel wrote:

WVU is overrated.

Kentucky, SEC thing of course. WTF are they jumping so high for beating UF and MSU? Miss State clearly is not that good and UF well why does anyone get credit for beating them until they actually do something, they have been pretty terrible for a decade.

Who has Wisconsin best?
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby CraigKressel » October 1st, 2018, 1:43 am

JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:

WVU is overrated.

Who has Wisconsin best?

No one yet this year but Kentucky is ranked higher than them and they are usually an average to crappy team, its pretty early in the season to be putting a team like Kentucky 13th. Wisconsin has actually been a really good team the last decade so not sure where you are going with that comparison, just won a new years 6 bowl, and finished 13-1. What has Kentucky done other than beat a couple of mediocre teams? Not saying they aren't a good team this year but lets pump the brakes on a top 15 ranking until they actually beat a team of note or until Florida pans out or something.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » October 1st, 2018, 1:51 am

CraigKressel wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:

WVU is overrated.

Who has Wisconsin best?

No one yet this year but Kentucky is ranked higher than them and they are usually an average to crappy team, its pretty early in the season to be putting a team like Kentucky 13th. Wisconsin has actually been a really good team the last decade so not sure where you are going with that comparison, just won a new years 6 bowl, and finished 13-1. What has Kentucky done other than beat a couple of mediocre teams? Not saying they aren't a good team this year but lets pump the brakes on a top 15 ranking until they actually beat a team of note or until Florida pans out or something.

Maybe they are ranked higher because they don’t have a loss yet?
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FSUKW » October 1st, 2018, 1:43 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Great? Nah.
Good? Yeah.

Could Wisconsin?
Could Texas?
Could penn st?
Ok st?

Just 11-1?

And yes they could, just as Kentucky CAN. Those other teams could also lose a few more just as Kentucky can.

My point at the moment is that I’m not saying they are great but I haven’t seen anything to say they aren’t good from what we have so far. We’ve seen just about every team look weak at times to looking like shit at times. I think it’s still unknown, but they aren’t a playoff team for sure.

I am saying they do not look dominant and they have not really played anyone. I am sorry, but the SEC East is pure dog shit. Miss State is 3-2 and will probably lose their next 3 in a row with only 2 more wins on that schedule. IMO

I make a claim that they could wreck the SEC's reputation if they go 11-1 and are not anywhere near the discussion for CFP. (assuming their 1 loss is UGA).

With that said, I am a Stoops fan. I loved him in Tally and hope I would be wrong.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » October 1st, 2018, 1:56 pm

FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Great? Nah.
Good? Yeah.

Could Wisconsin?
Could Texas?
Could penn st?
Ok st?

Just 11-1?

I am saying they do not look dominant and they have not really played anyone. I am sorry, but the SEC East is pure dog shit. Miss State is 3-2 and will probably lose their next 3 in a row with only 2 more wins on that schedule. IMO

I make a claim that they could wreck the SEC's reputation if they go 11-1 and are not anywhere near the discussion for CFP. (assuming their 1 loss is UGA).

With that said, I am a Stoops fan. I loved him in Tally and hope I would be wrong.

Oh I agree they don’t look dominant. I even said it above. They look consinstant though. They seem to be playing more steady ball while teams like Penn St and Texas are playing really great and then like comeplete shit.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby CraigKressel » October 1st, 2018, 2:29 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Great? Nah.
Good? Yeah.

Could Wisconsin?
Could Texas?
Could penn st?
Ok st?

Just 11-1?

Oh I agree they don’t look dominant. I even said it above. They look consinstant though. They seem to be playing more steady ball while teams like Penn St and Texas are playing really great and then like comeplete shit.

Where did Penn State play like shit other than the opening game? Also App State has utterly destroyed every team they have played so far other than PSU.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » October 1st, 2018, 4:40 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Great? Nah.
Good? Yeah.

Could Wisconsin?
Could Texas?
Could penn st?
Ok st?

Just 11-1?

Where did Penn State play like shit other than the opening game? Also App State has utterly destroyed every team they have played so far other than PSU.

4th quarter on Saturday they looked like garbage on defense and their coaching staff looked worse than Butch Jones
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Next

Return to College Football