New award 4 freshman named after Bama Great Shaun Alexande

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

New award 4 freshman named after Bama Great Shaun Alexande

Postby JdPat04 » August 13th, 2018, 5:08 pm

Shaun Alexander picked up plenty of hardware in his career from Alabama to the Seattle Seahawks. Now he has a chance to fill up another player’s trophy case with an award that bears his name.

The Football Writers Association of America on Monday announced a new college football award this season named after Alexander.

Alexander, a three-time Pro Bowl running back with the Seattle Seahawks, played for Alabama from 1996-1999. He set a school record during his redshirt freshman season with 291 rushing yards and four touchdowns in the Crimson Tide’s 29-0 victory over LSU at Tiger Stadium. He finished his college career with 3,565 yards rushing (41 touchdowns), 798 receiving yards (eight TD receptions) and one kickoff return for a touchdown while at Alabama.

The award will go to the top player on the FWAA’s Freshman All-America Team who holds many of the same attributes that Alexander had during his career.

“The FWAA is very excited about this new award because of the person it represents,” said FWAA Executive Director Steve Richardson. “It is very significant because Alexander also was an outstanding redshirt freshman for the Crimson Tide. His freshman season paved the way for future successes at Alabama and later in the NFL. Shaun did it all with class, character and enthusiasm.”

The recipient of the award will be revealed by Alexander at the FWAA’s Annual Awards Breakfast on Jan. 7 in San Jose, California in conjunction with the College Football Playoff National Championship Game in nearby Santa Clara. The FWAA’s 18th annual Freshman All-America Team will also be announced at that time by FWAA Past President Mike Griffith.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Re: New award 4 freshman named after Bama Great Shaun Alexan

Postby Muck FcDisney » August 13th, 2018, 5:22 pm

Good far Shaun, but there are too many damn awards now anyway! :mad

"...and the Hingle McCringleberry award, for the best back-up, left-handed Latinx transgender defensive back who contracted chlamydia during the season goes to..."
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » August 13th, 2018, 6:19 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:Good far Shaun, but there are too many damn awards now anyway! :mad

"...and the Hingle McCringleberry award, for the best back-up, left-handed Latinx transgender defensive back who contracted chlamydia during the season goes to..."

Agreed
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FSUKW » August 13th, 2018, 10:22 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:Good far Shaun, but there are too many damn awards now anyway! :mad

".......and to the redshirt Freshman, who enrolled in January but missed the Spring game, who played in 8 games and set the record for RS Freshman throwing screens on a Thursday in less than 20 mph wind with less than 7 days rest, the award goes to........"
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » August 17th, 2018, 3:02 am

Population inflation, different times, more money spent on college football, etc. will lead to more hardware. It would be nice if they named some of the other "Best" awards, although I'm going off of NCAA Football 2014, so there may not be a "Best Returner" award IRL. I just never really cared outside of the Heisman and maybe the Biletnikoff for obvious reasons.

Do you have the same opinion of bowls? :thought
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » August 17th, 2018, 4:31 am

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:

Population inflation, different times, more money spent on college football, etc. will lead to more hardware. It would be nice if they named some of the other "Best" awards, although I'm going off of NCAA Football 2014, so there may not be a "Best Returner" award IRL. I just never really cared outside of the Heisman and maybe the Biletnikoff for obvious reasons.

Yes he hates the extra bowl games if I’m not mistaken.

I don’t mind them because there’s football on. I would rather have less tie-ins and just have better match ups
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » August 17th, 2018, 12:32 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:

I don’t mind them because there’s football on. I would rather have less tie-ins and just have better match ups

I'm all for less bowls and less tie-ins.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » August 17th, 2018, 5:43 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:

I'm all for less bowls and less tie-ins.

What, you don’t like that a suberb in Chicago got a bowl game?

:dog
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Return to College Football