2018 Playoff picks

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: 2018 Playoff picks

Postby FSUKW » June 28th, 2018, 4:41 pm

JimTrenzel wrote:I want in on that bet. I honestly don't think FSU will win over 6 games and WT will be fired in less than 3 years.

If that happens, it would be the first time FSU has not won more then 6 games since 1981. LOL
Last edited by FSUKW on June 28th, 2018, 4:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » June 28th, 2018, 4:44 pm

CraigKressel wrote:not much difference between a 5-7 team and a 7-6 to me, neither should beat a playoff or national championship caliber team, sure it happens on occasion but doesn't really make a difference.

I want to know where I am wrong still. Show me where FSU did not have a terrible season last year or where your coach isn't mediocre at best? Not saying he couldn't be good or FSU have a great turnaround but I think to even suggest they are a contender right now is absurd.

Where has anyone said they are a contender. I stopped well short of that.

WT does not need to be good, he just has to try a tad harder than Jimbo did last year (which will not be hard) and he has good coaches with excellent talent.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » June 28th, 2018, 4:53 pm

JimTrenzel wrote:I want in on that bet. I honestly don't think FSU will win over 6 games and WT will be fired in less than 3 years.

I'll take the 6 win bet
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 28th, 2018, 4:56 pm

JdPat04 wrote:

I'll take the 6 win bet

Me too! I'll give him 3 to 1 odds. 4 to 1 on Taggart getting fired in 3 years.

Too bad Jim's a pussy. :sigh
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » June 28th, 2018, 5:33 pm

Taggart might not get fired in 3 years because the ACC has no money, no one watches ACC football. They can't afford a top flight coach.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » June 28th, 2018, 5:50 pm

CraigKressel wrote:Taggart might not get fired in 3 years because the ACC has no money, no one watches ACC football. They can't afford a top flight coach.

You don't watch ACC football because you know even "great" Ohio State teams get whipped by 7-6 (or worse) ACC teams at home. Oh, and ACC teams can score in the CFP, too. :lolthumb

Jim Harbaugh and Urban Crier are getting paid a bunch to not win championships and/or get embarrassed by ACC teams at home.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » June 28th, 2018, 6:51 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:Taggart might not get fired in 3 years because the ACC has no money, no one watches ACC football. They can't afford a top flight coach.

You don't watch ACC football because you know even "great" Ohio State teams get whipped by 7-6 (or worse) ACC teams at home. Oh, and ACC teams can score in the CFP, too. :lolthumb

Jim Harbaugh and Urban Crier are getting paid a bunch to not win championships and/or get embarrassed by ACC teams at home.

He's already making excuses for his boyfriend to pussy out of the bets.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 28th, 2018, 6:56 pm

Are you retarded? Fisher was the 6th highest paid coach last year, and FSU pays its coaches, not the ACC.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » June 29th, 2018, 3:05 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:

Are you retarded? Fisher was the 6th highest paid coach last year, and FSU pays its coaches, not the ACC.

Yea and they couldn't afford him so he left.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 29th, 2018, 12:10 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Yep. You're retarded.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » June 29th, 2018, 12:49 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

They built everything he asked for and pretty sure he had some of the best paid assistants.

When you're on fishers side against FSU... The Butthurt is real
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby CraigKressel » June 29th, 2018, 1:06 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

They built everything he asked for and pretty sure he had some of the best paid assistants.

I'm not on his side doofus, who said I was on his side? I think it was a pretty ridiculous move but he was taking a lot of heat kind of undeserved because of where he brought them from but that is to be expected at this high of level.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 29th, 2018, 1:11 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

He's a good coach and all, but a guaranteed $75M over 10 years? :nuhuh

Fisher was smart to take the offer. FSU was smart to not match the offer. A&M was batshit crazy to make that offer (on top of paying Sumlin's $10M+ buyout). :crazy
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » June 29th, 2018, 1:48 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

I'm not on his side doofus, who said I was on his side? I think it was a pretty ridiculous move but he was taking a lot of heat kind of undeserved because of where he brought them from but that is to be expected at this high of level.

Had he continued on with his Saban-like work ethic like he did up until probably early 2017, he would have been fine. Unfortunately he has personal problems with his ex wife, he had personnel issues with his staff (in that he was too loyal to them). He had a strong relationship with the A&M AD from their time together at LSU. His kid has serious medical problems. He was getting roasted in every interview, press conference. He was simply losing control at FSU.

Who the hell knows what was going through his mind, but the fact is he QUIT on his team midway through last year and it cost them. Don't believe me, read what the players have said. For me it was "undeserved" right up until I realized neither he nor his staff hadn't recruited in over 2 months.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » June 29th, 2018, 4:26 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Fisher was smart to take the offer. FSU was smart to not match the offer. A&M was batshit crazy to make that offer (on top of paying Sumlin's $10M+ buyout). :crazy

They should have just kept Sumlin, I didn't think he was doing that bad, when has Texas AM really ever been better than they were under him? They have had a few good years here and there but the 2 Manziel years were just as good.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » June 29th, 2018, 5:18 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

If I thought Saban was fucking our team over like Fisher was his then I'd be just as pissed. The same way I know you would with Urban and don't even deny it.

If Saban is still trying his hardest like he always has and we aren't on top anymore, then okay. He's our coach and has done a shit ton for us. If he thinks that will let him quit on us and coast it out while also trying to get MORE money every year or two?

No thanks. I'll get in with a pitchfork
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FSUKW » June 29th, 2018, 6:18 pm

Yep - team first, coach second as loyalty for those two go.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 29th, 2018, 8:30 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

They should have just kept Sumlin, I didn't think he was doing that bad, when has Texas AM really ever been better than they were under him? They have had a few good years here and there but the 2 Manziel years were just as good.

They were good in the 90's.

Sumlin's records:
2012 - 11-2
2013 - 9-4
2014 - 8-5
2015 - 8-5
2016 - 8-5
2017 - 7-5

Had he started 7-5 and worked his way up to 11-2, that would be one thing. Having an equal or worse record every year is not a good trend. Especially when you have the 10th highest salary.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » June 30th, 2018, 1:49 pm

CraigKressel wrote:not much difference between a 5-7 team and a 7-6 to me, neither should beat a playoff or national championship caliber team, sure it happens on occasion but doesn't really make a difference.

I want to know where I am wrong still. Show me where FSU did not have a terrible season last year or where your coach isn't mediocre at best? Not saying he couldn't be good or FSU have a great turnaround but I think to even suggest they are a contender right now is absurd.

All the naysayers like to point to Willie Taggart’s overall win/loss record of (47-50) as a sign that he’s not a top coach.

However, what they always fail to point out is Taggart has always taken rebuilding projects as a head coach. Western Kentucky, South Florida and Oregon were terrible the year prior to him becoming head coach.

Their combined win/loss records the year prior to him becoming head coach is (7-29). His final season at Western Kentucky they were (7-5). The final season he was at USF they went (10-2) and of course he was (7-5) last year at Oregon.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » June 30th, 2018, 3:21 pm

FSUKW wrote:

All the naysayers like to point to Willie Taggart’s overall win/loss record of (47-50) as a sign that he’s not a top coach.

However, what they always fail to point out is Taggart has always taken rebuilding projects as a head coach. Western Kentucky, South Florida and Oregon were terrible the year prior to him becoming head coach.

Their combined win/loss records the year prior to him becoming head coach is (7-29). His final season at Western Kentucky they were (7-5). The final season he was at USF they went (10-2) and of course he was (7-5) last year at Oregon.

He really only ever had 1 good season ever.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

PreviousNext

Return to College Football