2018 Playoff picks

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: 2018 Playoff picks

Postby FSUKW » June 30th, 2018, 4:16 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:not much difference between a 5-7 team and a 7-6 to me, neither should beat a playoff or national championship caliber team, sure it happens on occasion but doesn't really make a difference.

I want to know where I am wrong still. Show me where FSU did not have a terrible season last year or where your coach isn't mediocre at best? Not saying he couldn't be good or FSU have a great turnaround but I think to even suggest they are a contender right now is absurd.

All the naysayers like to point to Willie Taggart’s overall win/loss record of (47-50) as a sign that he’s not a top coach.

However, what they always fail to point out is Taggart has always taken rebuilding projects as a head coach. Western Kentucky, South Florida and Oregon were terrible the year prior to him becoming head coach.

Their combined win/loss records the year prior to him becoming head coach is (7-29). His final season at Western Kentucky they were (7-5). The final season he was at USF they went (10-2) and of course he was (7-5) last year at Oregon.

He really only ever had 1 good season ever.

That's one more than Jimbo Fisher had when he got the job. Same number Nick Saban had at Michigan State before LSU came calling.

Like I said, you are a headline guy. Don't seem to really follow college football...... :2thumbs
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » June 30th, 2018, 4:38 pm

I didn't say he couldn't be good I actually said the opposite, I am just saying that as of right now he is a mediocre coach at best. Also he is black so the odds of him panning out are extremely low.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » June 30th, 2018, 5:02 pm

CraigKressel wrote:I didn't say he couldn't be good I actually said the opposite, I am just saying that as of right now he is a mediocre coach at best. Also he is black so the odds of him panning out are extremely low.

He has talent. That keeps getting overlooked.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » June 30th, 2018, 5:13 pm

FSUKW wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:I didn't say he couldn't be good I actually said the opposite, I am just saying that as of right now he is a mediocre coach at best. Also he is black so the odds of him panning out are extremely low.

He has talent. That keeps getting overlooked.

He's on his 4th HC job.

He hasn't been fired or non resigned at any of his previous 3 jobs.

Each job has steadily went up in ranking... (Well maybe usf was a drop off but yeah)

So far he doesn't have too many negatives
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 30th, 2018, 7:22 pm

JdPat04 wrote:Each job has steadily went up in ranking... (Well maybe usf was a drop off but yeah)

:dog

:trollface
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » June 30th, 2018, 7:35 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:Each job has steadily went up in ranking... (Well maybe usf was a drop off but yeah)

Yeah... Fuck sell :lolthumb
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby JimTrenzel » November 30th, 2018, 4:23 pm

FSUKW wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:Ok lets make 2 bets then.

1. Will FSU finish top 10? I say no.

No idea, hence my SOS comments.

CraigKressel wrote:2. Who will play more ranked teams Ohio State or FSU? I say Ohio State

Theoretically: If you finish with 3 ranked teams and we finished with 2, but you also finish with 7 teams with losing record and we finish with 2, what would it prove?

I might take the bet, let me get back. (just saw this and have not thought about it too hard.

What is my prize you fucking loser?
JimTrenzel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JimTrenzel » November 30th, 2018, 4:25 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:

Did he improve FSU?
JimTrenzel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JimTrenzel » November 30th, 2018, 4:26 pm

FSUKW wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:You guys went 7-6 lost to every decent team that you played. You had wins over Wake Forest, Duke, Syracuse, Delaware State, Florida, UL Monroe, Southern Miss.

Not exactly what I would call playoff caliber.

Willie Taggart's record as a head coach is 47-50. Pretty much mediocre like I said, he had 1 good year at USF.

Sounds like you are the one that doesn't know what you are talking about to me.

You look at a record and a headline and assume you know what's going on in Tallahassee.

For Starters:

True Freshman QB who had 2 months of CFB practice under his belt.

Head Coach and half the coaching staff who checked out at mid-season.

We lost 3 games we could easily have won - they were literally lost on the last play of the game (in spite of shitty coaching, record could just as easily have been 10-3) Most teams can say this, but its more comparing 7-6 team and a 10-3 team. Huge difference from a outside viewer stand point).

We played the defending 2017 NC and the ultimate 2018 NC well. If you simply look at the score, you are an idiot. We played Clemson better than score indicates.

This year we will have 3 healthy QB's who could play (if not start) for most teams.

I would argue our RB depth is the deepest in the nation and with the new playbook, they should all get carries.

We have a coach who will utilize the athletes he has, unlike Jimbo. WT has never had this much talent in any of his systems.

Our Defense will be better coached and has plenty of talent.

For starters.

You're looking pretty dumb right about now.
JimTrenzel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » November 30th, 2018, 4:44 pm

JimTrenzel wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:You guys went 7-6 lost to every decent team that you played. You had wins over Wake Forest, Duke, Syracuse, Delaware State, Florida, UL Monroe, Southern Miss.

Not exactly what I would call playoff caliber.

Willie Taggart's record as a head coach is 47-50. Pretty much mediocre like I said, he had 1 good year at USF.

Sounds like you are the one that doesn't know what you are talking about to me.

You look at a record and a headline and assume you know what's going on in Tallahassee.

For Starters:

True Freshman QB who had 2 months of CFB practice under his belt.

Head Coach and half the coaching staff who checked out at mid-season.

We lost 3 games we could easily have won - they were literally lost on the last play of the game (in spite of shitty coaching, record could just as easily have been 10-3) Most teams can say this, but its more comparing 7-6 team and a 10-3 team. Huge difference from a outside viewer stand point).

We played the defending 2017 NC and the ultimate 2018 NC well. If you simply look at the score, you are an idiot. We played Clemson better than score indicates.

This year we will have 3 healthy QB's who could play (if not start) for most teams.

I would argue our RB depth is the deepest in the nation and with the new playbook, they should all get carries.

We have a coach who will utilize the athletes he has, unlike Jimbo. WT has never had this much talent in any of his systems.

Our Defense will be better coached and has plenty of talent.

For starters.

You're looking pretty dumb right about now.

Not as dumb as you idiots.

Most of that was about 2017. The 2018 stuff was speculation and we lost a QB to transfer.

Nothing I said was false. Only thing I might back up on is WT but it’s only year 1 and we did play a top 10 SOS with shitty OL.
Last edited by FSUKW on November 30th, 2018, 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » November 30th, 2018, 5:54 pm

JimTrenzel wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Did he improve FSU?

Not in year 1. Could any coach improve FSU given our OL situation? That's going to take some time to fix. The other issues are typical of Taggart teams in year one, but tend to improve over time.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » November 30th, 2018, 7:20 pm

JimTrenzel wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:Ok lets make 2 bets then.

1. Will FSU finish top 10? I say no.

No idea, hence my SOS comments.

CraigKressel wrote:2. Who will play more ranked teams Ohio State or FSU? I say Ohio State

Theoretically: If you finish with 3 ranked teams and we finished with 2, but you also finish with 7 teams with losing record and we finish with 2, what would it prove?

I might take the bet, let me get back. (just saw this and have not thought about it too hard.

What is my prize you fucking loser?

Nothing. You never paid up on the bet you lost to me. Now shut the fuck up.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » November 30th, 2018, 8:36 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:The other issues are typical of Taggart teams in year one, but tend to improve over time.

Exactly. Unfortunately his first years are generally as bad or one game worse than the previous administration, probably because most of them have to adapt to a new offense.

I just wish it didn't happen to FSU. I'm done with this football season. A bunch of mediocre players not giving 100% and sleepwalking and refs are worse than ever. The thing that pisses me off the most is that FSU probably should be 6-6 with a crap bowl game but we got screwed by the Miami(FL) game refs.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Previous

Return to College Football