Deondre Francois situation....

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Deondre Francois situation....

Postby FSUKW » April 18th, 2018, 1:41 pm

This guy needs to go. I was his biggest supporter here. He's no leader.

I am not hating for the use. If he's dealing, how can he lead this team?

Tallahassee police conducted surveillance on Florida State quarterback Deondre Francois for two months, operating on a tip that he was selling marijuana, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

A raid of the player's apartment on Thursday yielded less than an ounce of marijuana. Francois, who is recuperating from a torn patellar tendon in his left knee, was not arrested. He was cited with misdemeanor possession and given the chance to enter a pre-trial diversion program and pay a fine.

According to the newspaper, Francois told police the marijuana belonged to his girlfriend and that the last time he used marijuana was in December 2017.

Francois is expected to be the Seminoles' starter next season. Florida State coach Willie Taggart told the newspaper that he had met with Francois following the incident.

"He's still with our football team," Taggart said Saturday. "We talked about his responsibility as a student-athlete here, and he understands my expectations and what I'm looking for, especially when it comes to our quarterback."

The newspaper reported that the Tallahassee Police Department received a tip from someone at a drug crime scene that he had seen a grocery bag full of marijuana at Francois' apartment.

The police collected Francois' garbage four times between the end of February and the beginning of April. Based on what police found in the garbage, they obtained a search warrant and conducted the raid on Thursday.

The police department said it found in the garbage and in Francois' apartment some plastic bags with cannabis residue, innards of blunt cigars, a grinder, an instant drug test cup and three vials of pain medication.

Francois must do community service and avoid any criminal activity for a designated time as part of the diversion program.

"He's got to be smart about who he's around and what he's around, and make good decisions," Taggart said. "I advise him to just make sure he's around his teammates all the time."
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: Deondre Francois situation....

Postby JdPat04 » April 18th, 2018, 2:39 pm

Yeah he's not smart at all.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FSUKW » April 18th, 2018, 3:00 pm

JdPat04 wrote:Yeah he's not smart at all.

How can Taggart not kick him off?

I guess his "out" is:

1) not enough pot found
2) no actual proof he was dealing - even though "if it walks like a duck".
3) he was not arrested

If he stays, his ass better lead the prayer group for the next year.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » April 18th, 2018, 5:58 pm

FSURoundEarth wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:Yeah he's not smart at all.

How can Taggart not kick him off?

I guess his "out" is:

1) not enough pot found
2) no actual proof he was dealing - even though "if it walks like a duck".
3) he was not arrested

If he stays, his ass better lead the prayer group for the next year.

First year coach that doesn't have the balls to kick his "star" QB off the team and make an example imo.

Of course maybe he wanted too and was told to hold off as that is possible but not as likely at FSU as it would be some other places in SEC land.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » April 18th, 2018, 8:12 pm

FSURoundEarth wrote:This guy needs to go. I was his biggest supporter here. He's no leader.

Agree. Not because of this, but because of his pattern of behavior (mostly since the injury).

FSURoundEarth wrote:I am not hating for the use. If he's dealing, how can he lead this team?

I don't think he is. See below.

FSURoundEarth wrote:Tallahassee police conducted surveillance on Florida State quarterback Deondre Francois for two months, operating on a tip that he was selling marijuana, the Orlando Sentinel reported.

A raid of the player's apartment on Thursday yielded less than an ounce of marijuana. Francois, who is recuperating from a torn patellar tendon in his left knee, was not arrested. He was cited with misdemeanor possession and given the chance to enter a pre-trial diversion program and pay a fine.

They watched him for 2 months. I'm guessing they waited for the best time (i.e. most drugs present). If he had less than an ounce, he's probably not dealing.

FSURoundEarth wrote:According to the newspaper, Francois told police the marijuana belonged to his girlfriend and that the last time he used marijuana was in December 2017.

It's possible. If the police didn't test him, Taggart should... and often.

FSURoundEarth wrote:Francois is expected to be the Seminoles' starter next season. Florida State coach Willie Taggart told the newspaper that he had met with Francois following the incident.

"He's still with our football team," Taggart said Saturday. "We talked about his responsibility as a student-athlete here, and he understands my expectations and what I'm looking for, especially when it comes to our quarterback."

Coachspeak. :chatterbox

FSURoundEarth wrote:The newspaper reported that the Tallahassee Police Department received a tip from someone at a drug crime scene that he had seen a grocery bag full of marijuana at Francois' apartment.
Who, Blackman? :dog

FSURoundEarth wrote:The police collected Francois' garbage four times between the end of February and the beginning of April. Based on what police found in the garbage, they obtained a search warrant and conducted the raid on Thursday.

The police department said it found in the garbage and in Francois' apartment some plastic bags with cannabis residue, innards of blunt cigars, a grinder, an instant drug test cup and three vials of pain medication.

I'm assuming the pain meds were his (knee injury). Who throws a grinder away? If you're smoking, you keep it. If you're quitting, you give it to a friend. Sandwich bags (consumer) or freezer/vac seal bags (dealer)?

FSURoundEarth wrote:Francois must do community service and avoid any criminal activity for a designated time as part of the diversion program.

FL sure has some lax drug laws. No fine? No drug tests?

FSURoundEarth wrote:"He's got to be smart about who he's around and what he's around, and make good decisions," Taggart said. "I advise him to just make sure he's around his teammates all the time."

:chatterbox
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » April 18th, 2018, 9:43 pm

Agree - shitty situation for both. Deondre should think better of his team and new coaches.

Spoiler:
although he probably sells to half the team....... :D
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » April 18th, 2018, 10:17 pm

FSURoundEarth wrote:Agree - shitty situation for both. Deondre should think better of his team and new coaches.

Spoiler:
although he probably sells to half the team....... :D

Bagman slackin'. :sadyes
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Carr2Cooper » April 18th, 2018, 10:58 pm

This just means Hockman4Heisman is going to happen this year instead of next :yes
Carr2Cooper

Team Logo:
South Alabama Jaguars

Postby JdPat04 » April 19th, 2018, 12:13 am

Carr2Cooper wrote:This just means Hockman4Heisman is going to happen this year instead of next :yes

Tagovailoa4Heisman for the next several years!

Just keep it that way for Tua & Taulia :alabama
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby bigbluebazooka » April 19th, 2018, 1:09 am

6 win season. :lol:
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Carr2Cooper » April 19th, 2018, 1:31 am

JdPat04 wrote:
Carr2Cooper wrote:This just means Hockman4Heisman is going to happen this year instead of next :yes

Hockman > Tua
Carr2Cooper

Team Logo:
South Alabama Jaguars

Postby FSUKW » April 19th, 2018, 2:13 am

It's fun to laugh at people who say stupid shit. It's even funnier when they keep saying it and it makes no sense.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » April 19th, 2018, 2:14 am

JdPat04 wrote:

Read he is hurt.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » April 19th, 2018, 2:23 am

FSURoundEarth wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Read he is hurt.

Yeah he hurt it several weeks ago, had it fixed, was rehabbing it and then reaggrevated last week or so. No chance yet, still hurt, and will be out all spring I believe.

Though as long as he is healthy by the 2nd half of the NC then we are good :dog
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » April 19th, 2018, 2:43 pm

FSURoundEarth wrote:It's fun to laugh at people who say stupid shit. It's even funnier when they keep saying it and it makes no sense.

I miss MD... :sigh

Can GATOBATIT come back to discuss FSU recruiting? :dog
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » April 19th, 2018, 5:39 pm

The whole pot thing is a joke. If he’s a dealer then he’s the smallest of he small with that much pot. Not to mention 20 years ago none of this would ever be heard. Kid busted for a little pot? Not in the good ole days when they take them to the coach instead of putting it out there for the world to see. If I was a coach on the left coast I would sell weed being legal... why would you want to play in SEC country where they will drag your name through the mud over a little pot. Fuck that.. come to Oregon :lol:
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » April 19th, 2018, 6:23 pm

ericberry14 wrote:The whole pot thing is a joke. If he’s a dealer then he’s the smallest of he small with that much pot. Not to mention 20 years ago none of this would ever be heard. Kid busted for a little pot? Not in the good ole days when they take them to the coach instead of putting it out there for the world to see. If I was a coach on the left coast I would sell weed being legal... why would you want to play in SEC country where they will drag your name through the mud over a little pot. Fuck that.. come to Oregon :lol:

Choose not to be stupid for 3 years, win championships, and get picked in the first round?
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby ericberry14 » April 19th, 2018, 8:20 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:The whole pot thing is a joke. If he’s a dealer then he’s the smallest of he small with that much pot. Not to mention 20 years ago none of this would ever be heard. Kid busted for a little pot? Not in the good ole days when they take them to the coach instead of putting it out there for the world to see. If I was a coach on the left coast I would sell weed being legal... why would you want to play in SEC country where they will drag your name through the mud over a little pot. Fuck that.. come to Oregon :lol:

Choose not to be stupid for 3 years, win championships, and get picked in the first round?

Some of these guys can’t choose not to be stupid. They are stupid. But smoking a little pot is not something I’d call stupid (unless jeopardizing your scholarship and future) so just go out west and do it. The pot laws in the south are an absolute joke and if local PDs won’t look out for these players then fuck it. Go West
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » April 19th, 2018, 10:08 pm

ericberry14 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Some of these guys can’t choose not to be stupid. They are stupid. But smoking a little pot is not something I’d call stupid (unless jeopardizing your scholarship and future) so just go out west and do it. The pot laws in the south are an absolute joke and if local PDs won’t look out for these players then fuck it. Go West

Of course I agree about smoking pot isn't bad at all. Even before I started I was cool with it. Only if he was doing more than smoking and or had a lot more weight. I haven't even came close to a lb of weed in the 10 months I've been smoking.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby bigbluebazooka » April 19th, 2018, 11:41 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Of course I agree about smoking pot isn't bad at all. Even before I started I was cool with it. Only if he was doing more than smoking and or had a lot more weight. I haven't even came close to a lb of weed in the 10 months I've been smoking.

Atleast Frenchie didn’t rape or assault a woman. That we know about anyways.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Next

Return to College Football