What are your thoughts on players skipping bowl game?

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: What are your thoughts on players skipping bowl game?

Postby FSUKW » December 30th, 2017, 5:19 pm

ericberry14 wrote:Yeah this is getting ridiculous. Let’s just have these faggots go straight from high school to the NFL and be absolutely torn apart

It's straight up "PUSSY".

At a minimum:

-they should not be allowed to travel with the team or receive any bowl gifts. (agree with whoever said that).

At a maximum:

-they should have to pay back a fraction of their scholly money. (someone may have said that too).
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » December 30th, 2017, 8:19 pm

This is a hilarious line from Ward's written statement.

he wrote "I wanted to continue to be apart of the team"
instead of a part
apart would be like separated
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » December 15th, 2019, 1:26 am

Fuck Cam Akers. Pussy ass bitch.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 16th, 2019, 9:29 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:Fuck Cam Akers. Pussy ass bitch.

Benedict Akers! :down :boo

It's the fucking Sun Bowl... who cares? Might as well let the RBs who will be on the team next year get some game experience.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » December 16th, 2019, 9:44 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:Fuck Cam Akers. Pussy ass bitch.

Benedict Akers! :down :boo

It's the fucking Sun Bowl... who cares? Might as well let the RBs who will be on the team next year get some game experience.

It's just fucking football. Who cares?

He should be giving back all his scholarship money. He's not some 4th-string DE. He's half, if not more, of our offense. He's screwing the team in order to avoid 4 quarters of improbable injury.

FSU hasn't had a winning season since 2017. FSU hasn't had a bowl win since that season, either. Akers signed on to play for FSU, so he should play the whole season unless he's injured. He's not injured; he should play and honor the contract he signed at the beginning of his collegiate career.

Skipping bowl games is weak and in my opinion, a significant breach of contract. He signed up to play at FSU as a springboard for the NFL. He shouldn't get to quit before his scholarship/contract is up. The douche isn't even a senior and he's already skipping a full season of games. Why does he need to skip another one? Because he's a fucking pussy ass bitch.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » December 17th, 2019, 1:34 am

I’m fine with our players skipping.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 17th, 2019, 9:11 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:It's just fucking football. Who cares?

Despite not knowing Akers, I care more about his future NFL prospects than the possibility of going 7-6 (woo!).

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:He should be giving back all his scholarship money.

Uh, maybe one game's worth. Maybe...

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:He's not some 4th-string DE. He's half, if not more, of our offense.

Exactly. Without him, we probably go 3-9. Thanks, Cam!

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:He's screwing the team in order to avoid 4 quarters of improbable injury.

He's also giving the future RBs valuable game experience.

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:FSU hasn't had a winning season since 2017. FSU hasn't had a bowl win since that season, either. Akers signed on to play for FSU, so he should play the whole season unless he's injured. He's not injured; he should play and honor the contract he signed at the beginning of his collegiate career.

If the bowl/winning season streak didn't end last year, it would bother me a little. He could always fake injury. Would you rather players do that? At least he's honest.

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:Skipping bowl games is weak and in my opinion, a significant breach of contract. He signed up to play at FSU as a springboard for the NFL. He shouldn't get to quit before his scholarship/contract is up. The douche isn't even a senior and he's already skipping a full season of games. Why does he need to skip another one? Because he's a fucking pussy ass bitch.

Dude ran like a beast behind the worst P5 OL of the last 3 years (possibly ever). I wouldn't wish that misery on a gator. He carried this team. Let the man go get paid.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » December 17th, 2019, 9:39 pm

I have simmered down on it. Whatever!

But they shouldn’t get bowl gifts, travel with the team, be on the sideline. Sideline is fine as long as school, boosters, tax payers didn’t pay for his travel, room, meals.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » December 18th, 2019, 2:01 pm

I don't understand why they only sit out the bowl games? If you are a sure thing as a 1st round pick and your team lost a couple of games why not just sit out at that point?
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 18th, 2019, 2:33 pm

CraigKressel wrote:I don't understand why they only sit out the bowl games? If you are a sure thing as a 1st round pick and your team lost a couple of games why not just sit out at that point?

Okay, Clowney. :roll:
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 18th, 2019, 2:39 pm

Why don't 5-star recruits sit out their senior season of HS if they are already committed? :thought
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » December 18th, 2019, 6:53 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:I don't understand why they only sit out the bowl games? If you are a sure thing as a 1st round pick and your team lost a couple of games why not just sit out at that point?

Okay, Clowney. :roll:

I am making fun of it, why not just sit out as soon as your stock is high if your team has no shot at the NC.

Honestly I feel like it really cost Ohio State last year that Haskins played after his stock got high, he played soft as fuck until people were talking shit about him and his stock dropped.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » December 19th, 2019, 1:19 am

My thing is that it hurts the team and is a completely selfish, dick move.

When you play for FSU, Ohio State, USC, Alabama, LSU, etc. you're getting a chance to shine for the NFL. When you skip your senior season, that should be all the breaks you need for avoiding injury. They didn't even used to let players skip their senior seasons.

These colleges give these players a free education, basically free room and board, and a highlight reel to advertise for the NFL. When a player willingly sits out just because they want to avoid the possibility of injury, it's completely selfish. How stupid and shitty would it be if EVERY player skipped their last bowl game? The bowls would suck. LSU playing with a bunch of backups? Alabama? Clemson? Ohio State? Only freshmen and sophomores playing because the juniors and seniors are too scared to play football. I think even redshirt sophomores can declare, too.

Like Craig said, what's to stop any player from just skipping half their season when their draft stock peaks? It's bullshit and the line should remain at the beginning of their senior season if they want to skip any games. It's a scumbag thing to do, especially since 1) it's not guaranteed to do anything to your draft stock and 2) it's more likely you'll get injured in the NFL preseason games/practice than the bowl game.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 19th, 2019, 1:40 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:My thing is that it hurts the team and is a completely selfish, dick move.

When you play for FSU, Ohio State, USC, Alabama, LSU, etc. you're getting a chance to shine for the NFL. When you skip your senior season, that should be all the breaks you need for avoiding injury. They didn't even used to let players skip their senior seasons.

These colleges give these players a free education, basically free room and board, and a highlight reel to advertise for the NFL. When a player willingly sits out just because they want to avoid the possibility of injury, it's completely selfish. How stupid and shitty would it be if EVERY player skipped their last bowl game? The bowls would suck. LSU playing with a bunch of backups? Alabama? Clemson? Ohio State? Only freshmen and sophomores playing because the juniors and seniors are too scared to play football. I think even redshirt sophomores can declare, too.

Like Craig said, what's to stop any player from just skipping half their season when their draft stock peaks? It's bullshit and the line should remain at the beginning of their senior season if they want to skip any games. It's a scumbag thing to do, especially since 1) it's not guaranteed to do anything to your draft stock and 2) it's more likely you'll get injured in the NFL preseason games/practice than the bowl game.

I don't think anyone skips playoff games. However, the playoffs have made the situation worse. In the last decade, no one would have thought about sitting out the Rose, Sugar, Fiesta, Orange, etc. Now, anyone not in the playoffs is far more likely to sit. Just another reason to expand to 8 teams.

Don't get me wrong, I don't like players skipping bowls. But if you make playing them mandatory, guys will just fake injury.

Do you feel the same way about players leaving after their JR or RS-SO seasons? It's kind of the same thing.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » December 20th, 2019, 1:39 am

I'm a lot more tolerant of skipping their last year of eligibility because it's known for like 8 months that they won't be playing and there's plenty of time to sign new players and a bunch of other players are leaving then, too. It's a class change, and while it is a good way to avoid injury, it's not nearly as detrimental and douchey as sending the team scrambling over a couple weeks just because you "didn't feel like" playing.

If the trend continues, hell yes players will skip the playoffs. What's a couple bowl games compared to the millions of dollars the NFL is offering? Colt McCoy's dad prevented him from rejoining the 2009-2010 BCSNCG because he saw money. It's a bit different because he was actually injured, but still a player sat out a majority of a NCG just to make sure his future career wasn't possibly hurt.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » December 20th, 2019, 5:59 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:My thing is that it hurts the team and is a completely selfish, dick move.

If NCAA makes things fair for players and gives them a little more, then they should ask for contracts from the players if they walk then they pay back the scholarship so it will cost them 40k or whatever to skip that game.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 23rd, 2019, 7:11 pm

Oh, shit. I didn't know we were down to a walk-on RB for the bowl. :surrender

Death to Akers! :mad
And good luck to... Deonte Sheffield? :dunno
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » December 27th, 2019, 12:30 pm

Anyone that thinks these kids should be forced to play a game while their livelihoods are on the line are fucking useless humans.

Instead of bitching about this why not force the ncaa to break its archaic system from 1920 that has, essentially, kept indentured servitude.

If you believe in any form of free market than you know that this system is antiquated and much closer to economic fascism.

So, stop with the nonsense and be happy these kids get their shots at the pros instead of wasting time in the toilet bowl games.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » December 27th, 2019, 10:20 pm

Jezter13 wrote:Anyone that thinks these kids should be forced to play a game while their livelihoods are on the line are fucking useless humans.

Instead of bitching about this why not force the ncaa to break its archaic system from 1920 that has, essentially, kept indentured servitude.

If you believe in any form of free market than you know that this system is antiquated and much closer to economic fascism.

So, stop with the nonsense and be happy these kids get their shots at the pros instead of wasting time in the toilet bowl games.

So the kids should go from "indentured servitude" to "slavery?" :thought

Yeah, people should get paid for working more hours than they actually worked. Contracts are meaningless. Paint the house? Only paint 12/13ths of it and expect 100% of the pay for the job. Free market, y'all. :crazy

I can see why you got your degree from the School of Hard Knocks. :dog
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » December 28th, 2019, 5:15 am

Jezter13 wrote:Anyone that thinks these kids should be forced to play a game while their livelihoods are on the line are fucking useless humans.

Cry me a fucking river!!!
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

PreviousNext

Return to College Football