What are your thoughts on players skipping bowl game?

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

What are your thoughts on players skipping bowl game?

Postby FSUKW » December 12th, 2017, 3:16 pm

Derwin James will skip the bowl game.

I was pretty vocal about it when Christian McCaffrey skipped last year and Dalvin Cook did not. I do not agree with it.

Second question: Should he be allowed to be on the sideline cheering for his team? I say no since he is 100% healthy and letting his team down in my opinion.

:thought
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: What are your thoughts on players skipping bowl game?

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 12th, 2017, 3:38 pm

FSUKW wrote:Derwin James will skip the bowl game.

I was pretty vocal about it when Christian McCaffrey skipped last year and Dalvin Cook did not. I do not agree with it.

Second question: Should he be allowed to be on the sideline cheering for his team? I say no since he is 100% healthy and letting his team down in my opinion.

:thought

An injury could cost him seven, eight figures over the long run. We're playing fucking Southern Miss.

Playoffs: you must play
NY6 Bowls: you really should play
other bowls: :whogivesafuck

As a big vocal leader of the defense, he should absolutely be on the sidelines.

Personally, I would play. Passing up a chance to play in ANY game is just foreign to me. But it's Derwin's life, and his choice. Also, since he won't be back next year, it will give valuable game experience to players who will.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » December 12th, 2017, 3:43 pm

I still don't agree. They get a full ride scholarship. Does that allow them to pick and chose which games they play in?

I absolutely believe they are letting their team down.

I don't care if they are putting career on the line. It's a part of the risk, play football! Take out an insurance policy if you are that worried about it.

JMO
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 12th, 2017, 4:08 pm

FSUKW wrote:I still don't agree. They get a full ride scholarship. Does that allow them to pick and chose which games they play in?

I absolutely believe they are letting their team down.

I don't care if they are putting career on the line. It's a part of the risk, play football! Take out an insurance policy if you are that worried about it.

JMO

Well, with no way to force them to play, I prefer this route. He could just wait until right before the game and say, "shit, Coach, I have da flu, so I'm gonna have to sit this one out."
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » December 12th, 2017, 4:38 pm

Ain't no "I" in team!!!

:dog
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 12th, 2017, 5:32 pm

FSUKW wrote:Ain't no "I" in team!!!

Well, there is a "tea"

[ img ]
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » December 12th, 2017, 6:07 pm

There's almost 3 (upside down) i's in "team!!!"
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby ericberry14 » December 12th, 2017, 6:37 pm

Same as last year. Scared pussy bullshit. Why not just get your 5 Star rivals rating then sit out all 4 years of college?
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby ericberry14 » December 12th, 2017, 6:46 pm

THEre is an M and an E though...
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » December 12th, 2017, 7:23 pm

ericberry14 wrote:Same as last year. Scared pussy bullshit. Why not just get your 5 Star rivals rating then sit out all 4 years of college?

This. Absolute chicken-shit move. It's one thing if you're not 100% healthy to sit out a "meaningless" bowl game (IMO keeping the winning-season streak alive is just as important as the bowl streak). It's another thing to just bail because you want to protect a career that won't even last you until 40.
If you want to sit out games when you're perfectly able to play and don't have some family emergency, then you should have to pay back a proportional amount of scholarship money: for Derwin James, 1/13th of the year's scholarship money for sitting out 1 of 13 games.

When Colt McCoy was injured in the Alabama game, his father had to restrain him from going back in. He was a winner and wanted to play. His dad and coaches made him sit it out.

Still not as bad as Clowney sitting out seemingly half or more of his senior season, but I think even he played in the bowl game.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » December 12th, 2017, 7:36 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:Same as last year. Scared pussy bullshit. Why not just get your 5 Star rivals rating then sit out all 4 years of college?

This. Absolute chicken-shit move. It's one thing if you're not 100% healthy to sit out a "meaningless" bowl game (IMO keeping the winning-season streak alive is just as important as the bowl streak). It's another thing to just bail because you want to protect a career that won't even last you until 40.
If you want to sit out games when you're perfectly able to play and don't have some family emergency, then you should have to pay back a proportional amount of scholarship money: for Derwin James, 1/13th of the year's scholarship money for sitting out 1 of 13 games.

When Colt McCoy was injured in the Alabama game, his father had to restrain him from going back in. He was a winner and wanted to play. His dad and coaches made him sit it out.

Still not as bad as Clowney sitting out seemingly half or more of his senior season, but I think even he played in the bowl game.

:agree

I almost mentioned that above in my "full ride" comment. I don't want to see him strutting the side line either with his team out there battling for a win. If you chose not to play, watch from the stands. Those are your brothers out there.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » December 12th, 2017, 10:29 pm

The other thing is, if you want to skip a game, why skip a fucking bowl game? Skip the Delaware State game if you want to skip one. I think Derwin got hurt in Game 2 last year against Charleston Southern or something. Why did he bother playing in that game? Christ, JJ Cosentino sucks but at least he's sticking with the team and trying. But Derwin James is arguably the best player on defense and his actions are just hurting the team.

Not only from the standpoint that it's a pussy thing to do, you signed an agreement to play football for a school in exchange for a scholarship. Sitting out games for no reason other than "I'm afraid I might get hurt" is a breach of that contract, IMO. It was a bad precedent last season, and it's a bad thing this season. Why not skip out on spring games? Practice? NFL preseason games? Do those preseason games matter more because they might affect your paycheck, asshole?

I can respect that you don't want to get hurt (who does?), but you're putting yourself above the team and not honoring your agreement when you accepted a football scholarship when you do stuff like that.

Frankly, given how the season has gone and how Francois was absent for Senior Day and some other stuff (heard he didn't show up to the team meeting for Fisher's resignation announcement), I can tell this team is just fractured and hopefully this new coaching staff will preach more than just NFL readiness.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Citronauts_Knights » December 12th, 2017, 11:02 pm

One of my favorite moments of recent memory that didn't involve my team was that QB from LSU who kept getting hammered to the point he was literally dragging himself on the field. I think his name was Mettenberger or something like that.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby CraigKressel » December 13th, 2017, 3:17 am

The NFL should avoid them, how can you count on them to play 100% once they have a contract?
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » December 13th, 2017, 3:18 am

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:The other thing is, if you want to skip a game, why skip a fucking bowl game? Skip the Delaware State game if you want to skip one. I think Derwin got hurt in Game 2 last year against Charleston Southern or something. Why did he bother playing in that game? Christ, JJ Cosentino sucks but at least he's sticking with the team and trying. But Derwin James is arguably the best player on defense and his actions are just hurting the team.

Not only from the standpoint that it's a pussy thing to do, you signed an agreement to play football for a school in exchange for a scholarship. Sitting out games for no reason other than "I'm afraid I might get hurt" is a breach of that contract, IMO. It was a bad precedent last season, and it's a bad thing this season. Why not skip out on spring games? Practice? NFL preseason games? Do those preseason games matter more because they might affect your paycheck, asshole?

I can respect that you don't want to get hurt (who does?), but you're putting yourself above the team and not honoring your agreement when you accepted a football scholarship when you do stuff like that.

Frankly, given how the season has gone and how Francois was absent for Senior Day and some other stuff (heard he didn't show up to the team meeting for Fisher's resignation announcement), I can tell this team is just fractured and hopefully this new coaching staff will preach more than just NFL readiness.

Because no coach would put up with a player with his foot halfway out the door mid season.

There are only 2 guys I can think of where coaches let them do that, Clowney and Fournette.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FlatEarth » December 14th, 2017, 1:22 am

2 pussies

If you skip games because you're worried about an injury, you should automatically fall out of the first round. You can be injured on any given Saturday. Why skip your last game as a college athlete? Fucking loser...
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 16th, 2017, 8:39 pm

Add Josh Sweat.

Also Royce freeman from UO.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby HUNKERED DOWN DAWG » December 30th, 2017, 2:20 am

I think if a player wants to skip the bowl game, that's fine....But, he doesn't get to travel with and attend the team functions as well as receive the gifts that the bowls give each team..
HUNKERED DOWN DAWG

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby CraigKressel » December 30th, 2017, 5:24 am

Ward is a chickenshit motherfucker.

Lets a true freshman use his redshirt cause he is a giant pussy. He is playing fucking corner what is he going to have like 4 collisions in the entire game at most.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby ericberry14 » December 30th, 2017, 3:37 pm

Yeah this is getting ridiculous. Let’s just have these faggots go straight from high school to the NFL and be absolutely torn apart
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Next

Return to College Football