Crazy stat on Roquan Smith

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Crazy stat on Roquan Smith

Postby HUNKERED DOWN DAWG » December 12th, 2017, 3:44 am

In 2017, he had 70 attempts on the ball carrier, and never missed. No missed tackles. That's impressive
HUNKERED DOWN DAWG

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Re: Crazy stat on Roquan Smith

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 12th, 2017, 2:17 pm

That's pretty damn impressive.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby 08GatorBait » December 13th, 2017, 4:50 pm

Kid is a straight stud
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby ericberry14 » December 13th, 2017, 6:02 pm

Sounds like bullshit to me
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » December 13th, 2017, 6:48 pm

Interesting stat.

I wonder how this stacks up historically. Do a lot of players accomplish this? Has it never been done before?

:thought
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » December 13th, 2017, 7:03 pm

FSUKW wrote:Interesting stat.

I wonder how this stacks up historically. Do a lot of players accomplish this? Has it never been done before?

Does taking a bad angle and not even touching a ball carrier count as a missed tackle? Cuz it should
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 13th, 2017, 7:05 pm

For a mere $40 you can find our from Pro Football Focus.

I'm guessing it has happened before, but is pretty rare.

EDIT: apparently Smith wasn't the only one to do it this year, he just had the most attempts/opportunities of anyone with no missed tackles.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 13th, 2017, 7:08 pm

ericberry14 wrote:

Does taking a bad angle and not even touching a ball carrier count as a missed tackle? Cuz it should

"I wouldn't say I missed those tackles, Bob."

[ img ]
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » December 13th, 2017, 7:40 pm

ericberry14 wrote:

That’s why I’m asking. So many variables. Wasn’t sure how common or not common it is. Is it like saying the center was successful on 1000 snaps out of 1000 attempts?
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby HUNKERED DOWN DAWG » December 13th, 2017, 8:06 pm

I'm not sure how often this actually occurs, but the way I sees it, I don't care who it is, it sounds pretty bad ass if you never miss a tackle.
HUNKERED DOWN DAWG

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 13th, 2017, 8:31 pm

HUNKERED DOWN DAWG wrote:I'm not sure how often this actually occurs, but the way I sees it, I don't care who it is, it sounds pretty bad ass if you never miss a tackle.

I'd like to see the missed tackle rate for other positions. ILB has to be the easiest, because you fill your gap, and if the RB takes that gap, well...

Which leads me to believe UGA's DL deserves a good bit of credit here (maintaining position and preventing blockers from making it to the 2nd level).

Still impressive, though.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » December 13th, 2017, 8:52 pm

FSUKW wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:

That’s why I’m asking. So many variables. Wasn’t sure how common or not common it is. Is it like saying the center was successful on 1000 snaps out of 1000 attempts?

Ours sure as shit wasnt :facepalm
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FlatEarth » December 13th, 2017, 10:37 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
HUNKERED DOWN DAWG wrote:I'm not sure how often this actually occurs, but the way I sees it, I don't care who it is, it sounds pretty bad ass if you never miss a tackle.

I'd like to see the missed tackle rate for other positions. ILB has to be the easiest, because you fill your gap, and if the RB takes that gap, well...

Which leads me to believe UGA's DL deserves a good bit of credit here (maintaining position and preventing blockers from making it to the 2nd level).

Still impressive, though.

Dude plays in space on a lot of plays. He's just a rare breed of heat seeking missile. Just an absolute stud of a football player. :rockin
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby ericberry14 » December 13th, 2017, 11:09 pm

Wonder what Luke kuechleys (didn’t spell that right) stats were on this because his tackling numbers were outrageous
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » December 13th, 2017, 11:31 pm

ericberry14 wrote:Wonder what Luke kuechleys (didn’t spell that right) stats were on this because his tackling numbers were outrageous

Best thing I could find so far was for his 2015 NFL season

According to PFF through the first 12 weeks of the season, Kuechly's 17.6 run-stop percentage ranked first for any defensive player regardless of position with at least 100 snaps against the run. Further, Kuechly was one of seven linebackers with 30 or more tackles in the run game, and just one missed tackle. In coverage, Kuechly had three interceptions and four passes defended with no touchdowns allowed. He also allowed the second-lowest passer rating among all linebackers when targeted in coverage at 47.4 and is the one of just three linebacker with more than 25 tackles in coverage, and only one missed tackle.[57]
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 14th, 2017, 12:04 am

JdPat04 wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:Wonder what Luke kuechleys (didn’t spell that right) stats were on this because his tackling numbers were outrageous

According to PFF through the first 12 weeks of the season, Kuechly's 17.6 run-stop percentage ranked first for any defensive player regardless of position with at least 100 snaps against the run. Further, Kuechly was one of seven linebackers with 30 or more tackles in the run game, and just one missed tackle. In coverage, Kuechly had three interceptions and four passes defended with no touchdowns allowed. He also allowed the second-lowest passer rating among all linebackers when targeted in coverage at 47.4 and is the one of just three linebacker with more than 25 tackles in coverage, and only one missed tackle.[57]

Against much better competition, obviously. More importantly, he often learns the offensive calls and lets the defense know where the play is going. One of the smartest fuckers in the game. Love that dude.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FlatEarth » December 14th, 2017, 1:11 am

It's one thing to be instinctive and athletic. It's something completely different to have those and intelligence. Luke is one of a kind.

Rumors are that Roquan is returning. If he does, he lacks the intelligence. :lol:
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Carr2Cooper » December 14th, 2017, 1:11 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

Against much better competition, obviously. More importantly, he often learns the offensive calls and lets the defense know where the play is going. One of the smartest fuckers in the game. Love that dude.

The fact he had 100+ tackles every year was amazing, but that fact alone makes him even better
Carr2Cooper

Team Logo:
South Alabama Jaguars

Postby JdPat04 » December 14th, 2017, 1:49 am

FlatEarth wrote:It's one thing to be instinctive and athletic. It's something completely different to have those and intelligence. Luke is one of a kind.

Rumors are that Roquan is returning. If he does, he lacks the intelligence. :lol:

:biglol
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 14th, 2017, 2:57 pm

FlatEarth wrote:It's one thing to be instinctive and athletic. It's something completely different to have those and intelligence. Luke is one of a kind.

:lolthumb
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Next

Return to College Football