Is there a more frustrating team in college football

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Is there a more frustrating team in college football

Postby FlatEarth » September 6th, 2013, 4:58 pm

Than The University of Georgia Bulldogs?

Seriously. All the talent in the world over the last 15 years, and nothing but 2 SEC titles to show for it. :sigh

5 yards short from playing for a Natty. A flawed BCS system short for playing for a Natty. And a botched snap on a field goal from playing for a win against Clemson at their house.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Re: Is there a more frustrating team in college football

Postby mrfree » September 6th, 2013, 5:03 pm

Miami fl
mrfree

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » September 6th, 2013, 5:18 pm

20ozBulldog wrote:Than The University of Georgia Bulldogs?

Seriously. All the talent in the world over the last 15 years, and nothing but 2 SEC titles to show for it. :sigh

5 yards short from playing for a Natty. A flawed BCS system short for playing for a Natty. And a botched snap on a field goal from playing for a win against Clemson at their house.

Pretty much like FSU during the first half of the Jeff Bowden era. Eventually, the talented offensive players decided to go elsewhere. If Grantham doesn't get his shit together asap, the same could happen to UGA's defense. :sadyes
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby failureofafriend » September 6th, 2013, 5:24 pm

Look at FSU in the Bowden era pre 1993 with the close calls and the wide rights. Finally, they caught a break when Boston College knocked off Notre Dame after they had lost the ”game of the century.” Then, they caught a break when Nebraska missed a field goal.

Look at Nebraska when Tom Osborne was coach. They were in the same boat every year culminating in that loss to FSU. They followed it up with 3 titles in 4 years.

National titles are hard to come by in a system without a playoff. It doesn't seem like it when your neighbors are winning them, but it's been 4 seasons since anyone outside the state of Alabama has won a championship, and Auburn's was the result of 1 great player having an unforseen year.

It's been 11 years since Ohio State win a title, 12 for Miami, 13 for Oklahoma, 14 for FSU, 15 for Tennessee, and 16 for Michigan and Nebraska. None off those titles are any more relevant today than 1980. They are all over a decade old and none still have the same coach.
failureofafriend

Team Logo:
Atlanta Braves

Postby failureofafriend » September 6th, 2013, 5:27 pm

Scratch that, Oklahoma still has the same coach and like any coach that stays somewhere that long, he has the can't win the big game label even though he's won it.
failureofafriend

Team Logo:
Atlanta Braves

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » September 6th, 2013, 6:09 pm

Have you seen FSU's BCS history? Our record is pretty bad. We had to settle for the Outzen instead of Weinke in the 1999 Fiesta Bowl and we only lost by 7, with a chance to win it at the end. Then in the 2001 Orange Bowl our explosive offense did jack shit because your head coach became your head coach. If you hold your opponent to 13 points and lose, there's a serious problem.

Then we've got the 1996-97 bullshit rematch with UF when Arizona State was undefeated and we got destroyed by our rival for a national title. Then there was the 2005 Orange Bowl where we got beaten barely AGAIN by fucking Miami (twice in the same fucking season). You know in the dynasty, we'd screw up pretty much 1 game per year. UF, Miami, or some other stupid shit. I mean we had the talent to have 7 or 8 national titles (which some selectors gave to us). Hell, we beat the crap out of the 1989 Hurricanes who were champions.

Until you lose by a FG about 5 times to GT, or get blown out by UF/Auburn in the NCG, you'll never know what it's like to be an FSU fan. It's harder to be #2 than it is to be #15. I cried like a baby during the 1997 Sugar Bowl, I cried like a baby back in 2002 during Wide Left (I was in middle school), and I cried like a baby in 2012 when I saw our defense give away one of the most promising seasons ever in the worst possible way against NCSU (I don't mind losing, but the way we lost... disgusting torture, especially knowing we had our first real shot at a title in over a decade). Then for my first FSU/UF game in Doak last year, UF took us out in the 4th quarter with 24 points, even though our offense was better and our defense was pretty stout. I didn't cry then, it was just kind of a sinking feeling.

SEC fans are lucky. You lose one game, you're still in it. For the rest of us nowadays, we don't get any breaks.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby gatrnation1 » September 7th, 2013, 4:00 am

OP's question = No
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby JdPat04 » September 7th, 2013, 2:05 pm

So let me get this straight....

UGA fans insult FSU all the time calling them shitty, etc...

FSU fans return the favor...

Now they're arguing with each other about who's team is a bigger disappointment with each fan base claiming their own :facepalm
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Return to College Football