SEC division race as of week 6

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

SEC division race as of week 6

Postby theSabanator20 » October 7th, 2013, 1:09 am

1. Alabama 5-0
2. LSU 5-1

If either team wins out, they go to Atlanta.

1. Florida 4-1
2. Georgia 4-1
3. Missouri 5-0

If any team wins out, they go to Atlanta.

It's funny that now only 5 teams control their own destiny. After this week is over, pending Florida/LSU, it will be only 4.
It's also funny that Missouri is getting no love because of last year, when this year, they have taken care of every team they've played so far. All double digit wins.

They might actually have a chance to win the East. Looking at how inconsistent SCar has been and Georgia depleted on offense, they could make a run. No bullshitting I'm being dead serious. They DRILLED Vandy. No one has done that to Vandy this year.
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Re: SEC division race as of week 6

Postby FSUseminoles91 » October 7th, 2013, 1:19 am

Let's say, just for shits and giggles, Mizzou wins out and beats Bama/LSU in the SECCG. Would they automatically get a bid to the NC? Would they jump an undefeated ACC, Pac 12 or Big 10 team?

It would be interesting to see if a non-traditional SEC power would get all the love that the typical powerhouses do (Bama, LSU, UF, etc).
FSUseminoles91

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby theSabanator20 » October 7th, 2013, 1:26 am

2013 MISSOURI TIGERS SCHEDULE
DATE OPPONENT RESULT/TIME RECORD/TICKETS
Sat, Aug 31
vs
Murray St
W58-14
1-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 7
vs
Toledo
W38-23
2-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 21
@
Indiana
W45-28
3-0 (0-0)
Sat, Sept 28
vs
Arkansas St
W41-19
4-0 (0-0)
Sat, Oct 5
@
Vanderbilt
W51-28
5-0 (1-0)
Sat, Oct 12
@
#7 Georgia
12:00 PM ET 1,659 available from $80
Sat, Oct 19
vs
#17 Florida
TBD 1,999 available from $60
Sat, Oct 26
vs
#14 South Carolina
TBD 1,700 available from $70
Sat, Nov 2
vs
Tennessee
TBD 1,763 available from $59
Sat, Nov 9
@
Kentucky
TBD 1,144 available from $20
Sat, Nov 23
@
Ole Miss
TBD 2,721 available from $29
Sat, Nov 30
vs
#9 Texas A&M
TBD 2,678 available from $41

If they run that gauntlet they're nothing to fuck with this year... :justsayin
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby bigbluebazooka » October 7th, 2013, 1:31 am

theSabanator20 wrote:1. Alabama 5-0
2. LSU 5-1

1. Florida 4-1
2. Georgia 4-1
3. Missouri 5-0

It's funny that now only 5 teams control their own destiny. After this week is over, pending Florida/LSU, it will be only 4.
It's also funny that Missouri is getting no love because of last year, when this year, they have taken care of every team they've played so far. All double digit wins.

They might actually have a chance to win the East. Looking at how inconsistent SCar has been and Georgia depleted on offense, they could make a run. No bullshitting I'm being dead serious. They DRILLED Vandy. No one has done that to Vandy this year.

One name you shouldn't forget. Dorial Green-Beckham.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Carr2Cooper » October 7th, 2013, 1:47 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
2. LSU 5-1

1. Florida 4-1
2. Georgia 4-1
3. Missouri 5-0

FACT
Carr2Cooper

Team Logo:
South Alabama Jaguars

Postby theSabanator20 » October 7th, 2013, 1:52 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
2. LSU 5-1

1. Florida 4-1
2. Georgia 4-1
3. Missouri 5-0

What people are forgetting is they were heavily injured on offense, and that really affected them late in the year. This year they had a lot of starters coming back on both sides of the ball, as well as a very experienced QB in James Franklin. Anytime you have an experiences QB, you have a chance to win against ANYBODY. I'm not saying they will win the East, but this year is their chance to turn heads.
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby bigbluebazooka » October 7th, 2013, 1:55 am

theSabanator20 wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
2. LSU 5-1

1. Florida 4-1
2. Georgia 4-1
3. Missouri 5-0

What people are forgetting is they were heavily injured on offense, and that really affected them late in the year. This year they had a lot of starters coming back on both sides of the ball, as well as a very experienced QB in James Franklin. Anytime you have an experiences QB, you have a chance to win against ANYBODY. I'm not saying they will win the East, but this year is their chance to turn heads.

So is UGA on upset alert this week?
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby theSabanator20 » October 7th, 2013, 1:58 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
2. LSU 5-1

1. Florida 4-1
2. Georgia 4-1
3. Missouri 5-0

:thought :thought :thought

:koolaid
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby theSabanator20 » October 7th, 2013, 2:16 am

Florida @ LSU
Missouri @ UGA

If Florida wins, LSU is almost completely out.
If LSU wins, both teams still control their own destiny.

If Missouri wins, Georgia will need help.
If Georgia wins, Missouri will need help.

If Alabama loses to Kentucky, they still control their own destiny (at least to Atlanta LOL)
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby failureofafriend » October 7th, 2013, 2:30 am

I think we lose this week unless Gurley is 100%. Too many people hurt on offense and a defense that stops nobody.
failureofafriend

Team Logo:
Atlanta Braves

Postby 08GatorBait » October 7th, 2013, 3:26 am

I think USCe and Georgia both have to be careful this week with Mizzou and Arky. Arky can stop USCe's run game and make Shaw beat them. Both could be interesting.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby theSabanator20 » October 7th, 2013, 3:43 am

08GatorBait wrote:I think USCe and Georgia both have to be careful this week with Mizzou and Arky. Arky can stop USCe's run game and make Shaw beat them. Both could be interesting.

Arkansas has owned South Carolina since the series started. I could see Bret Beilema getting his first signature win this week.
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FlatEarth » October 7th, 2013, 4:00 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
2. LSU 5-1

1. Florida 4-1
2. Georgia 4-1
3. Missouri 5-0

Absolutely, had we been on the road. Still, with all the injuries and Gurley at 50/50 to play? Um. Absolutely. Lol.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby FlatEarth » October 7th, 2013, 4:05 am

failureofafriend wrote:I think we lose this week unless Gurley is 100%. Too many people hurt on offense and a defense that stops nobody.

Gurley will not be 100% if he plays. He needs to sit until UF. However, we need him to play now that JSW, Bennett and Marshall went down. We're screwed and Grantham's job is now on the line.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby HUNKERED DOWN DAWG » October 7th, 2013, 11:36 am

Gurley4Heisman wrote:
failureofafriend wrote:I think we lose this week unless Gurley is 100%. Too many people hurt on offense and a defense that stops nobody.

Gurley will not be 100% if he plays. He needs to sit until UF. However, we need him to play now that JSW, Bennett and Marshall went down. We're screwed and Grantham's job is now on the line.

this. If we had not had so many injuries last week, I strongly feel we would have won easily at Tenn. Now, every game worries me. JJ Green did a damn good job and once Gurly is at full strength I will feel better, BUT with the number of recievers we have out, I could see us dropping a couple of games now. :sadyes I also think that is one reason we dropped in the polls as well. Of course, there are other reasons as well. Our OT win and the impressive showing that FSU had.
HUNKERED DOWN DAWG

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Return to College Football