Post interesting stats

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Post interesting stats

Postby FSUKW » October 8th, 2013, 12:55 am

With FSU's 63-0 victory over Maryland, the Seminoles have scored 40 or more points in the first five games of the season. It marks just the third time in school history an FSU team has achieved that feat. The 1999 National Championship team eclipsed 40 points in each of its first five games, but the record is held by the prolific 1995 Seminole squad. That club scored more than 40 points in each of their first seven games.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » October 8th, 2013, 12:56 am

With 393 passing yards, Jameis Winston eclipsed the 300-yard passing mark for the third time in his career, which ties Casey Weldon for the 13th-most by a quarterback in Florida State history. Winston needed just five games to record his third 300-yard mark...There have been only 96 300-yard passing games in FSU history. Chris Weinke holds the school record with 14. EJ Manuel was the last to eclipse the 300-yard standard three times in a season (2012), on his way to five for his career.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » October 8th, 2013, 12:57 am

With nine plays of 20 or more yards today, the Seminoles kept their torrid streak of big plays alive. Florida State has now amassed 44 plays of 20 or more yards on the season and is averaging 8.8 such plays a game.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » October 8th, 2013, 12:58 am

O'Leary now has 44 receptions for 548 yards and nine touchdowns in his career. He is third all-time in TD receptions, trailing only all-time co-leaders Melvin Pearsall and Lonnie Johnson (10). O'Leary moved to seventh for receiving yards and ninth in receptions among Seminole tight ends all-time.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » October 8th, 2013, 12:59 am

•Coker is the 12th different Seminole to score an offensive touchdown this season; 14 different Seminoles have scored touchdowns this season;
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Citronauts_Knights » October 8th, 2013, 4:01 pm

Baylor is the only team that is 4-0 against the spread, and the over.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby RoeTied » October 8th, 2013, 4:04 pm

Bama has not allowed a TD in 12 quarters. The longest such streak of the Saban era was 14 quarters in 2011.
RoeTied
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Beaver3332 » October 8th, 2013, 6:56 pm

FSUKW wrote:O'Leary now has 44 receptions for 548 yards and nine touchdowns in his career. He is third all-time in TD receptions, trailing only all-time co-leaders Melvin Pearsall and Lonnie Johnson (10). O'Leary moved to seventh for receiving yards and ninth in receptions among Seminole tight ends all-time.

Not that impressive considering FSUs tight end history
Beaver3332

Postby Beaver3332 » October 8th, 2013, 6:59 pm

FSUKW wrote:With nine plays of 20 or more yards today, the Seminoles kept their torrid streak of big plays alive. Florida State has now amassed 44 plays of 20 or more yards on the season and is averaging 8.8 such plays a game.

Wow
Beaver3332

Postby FSUKW » October 9th, 2013, 1:09 am

Beaver3332 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:O'Leary now has 44 receptions for 548 yards and nine touchdowns in his career. He is third all-time in TD receptions, trailing only all-time co-leaders Melvin Pearsall and Lonnie Johnson (10). O'Leary moved to seventh for receiving yards and ninth in receptions among Seminole tight ends all-time.

I think it is EXPECIALLY considering our TE history. He is one TD away from being tied with 7 games to play this season, plus post season. He should set the bar high for future TE's with the TD record THIS YEAR. If he comes back for his Sr year (I doubt he does) he shatters it.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby webfoot » October 9th, 2013, 1:48 am

Oregon has scored 50 plus pts. in 5 straight games . :smile:
webfoot

Team Logo:
Oregon Ducks

Postby Beaver3332 » October 9th, 2013, 1:51 am

FSUKW wrote:
Beaver3332 wrote:

I think it is EXPECIALLY considering our TE history. He is one TD away from being tied with 7 games to play this season, plus post season. He should set the bar high for future TE's with the TD record THIS YEAR. If he comes back for his Sr year (I doubt he does) he shatters it.

Shockey did that in a season bro
Shockey led the team with 45 receptions and had 604 yards receiving and eight touchdowns

So did Winslow
After Shockey's departure for the 2002 NFL Draft, Winslow became the starter at Tight End and was named a finalist for the Mackey Award and named a first-team All-American by CNNSI.com, setting Miami records for a Tight End with 57 receptions for 726 yards and 8 touchdowns
Beaver3332

Postby johnnybravo23 » October 9th, 2013, 6:41 am

Beaver3332 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
Beaver3332 wrote:

Shockey led the team with 45 receptions and had 604 yards receiving and eight touchdowns

So did Winslow
After Shockey's departure for the 2002 NFL Draft, Winslow became the starter at Tight End and was named a finalist for the Mackey Award and named a first-team All-American by CNNSI.com, setting Miami records for a Tight End with 57 receptions for 726 yards and 8 touchdowns

Tight End is the forgotten position at FSU. Lonnie Johnson and Melvin Pearsoll could have put up bigger numbers but sacrificed them to come to FSU. It's why alot of people where shocked that O'Leary even bothered coming to FSU.
johnnybravo23

Postby FSUKW » October 9th, 2013, 12:02 pm

Beaver3332 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
Beaver3332 wrote:

So did Winslow

I know it can't be reading comprehension that you struggle with here since you posted "Not that impressive considering FSUs tight end history" so not sure what it is that stumps you here. FSU does not utilize TE that much. Never has. Comparing your TE's with our TE's is not apples to apples. What I posted is impressive for the FSU TE position.

Besides, Winston would only have to throw to Oleary about 101 times to record 100 receptions by Oleary.... :dog
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Beaver3332 » October 9th, 2013, 2:33 pm

johnnybravo23 wrote:
Beaver3332 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
Beaver3332 wrote:

So did Winslow

Tight End is the forgotten position at FSU. Lonnie Johnson and Melvin Pearsoll could have put up bigger numbers but sacrificed them to come to FSU. It's why alot of people where shocked that O'Leary even bothered coming to FSU.

I for one was shocked and angry Miami is the best school in Florida for a TE whenever we have a good one he usually leads the team in receiving Shockey, Winslow, Olsen. He would've been a beast here even though he is good at FSU just doesent get enough chances.
Beaver3332

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » October 9th, 2013, 2:42 pm

Beaver3332 wrote:
johnnybravo23 wrote:
Beaver3332 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
Beaver3332 wrote:

So did Winslow

I for one was shocked and angry Miami is the best school in Florida for a TE whenever we have a good one he usually leads the team in receiving Shockey, Winslow, Olsen. He would've been a beast here even though he is good at FSU just doesent get enough chances.

We gave him chances last year and he fumbled all over the place. You won't find him catch many passes unless he's near the sideline or in the endzone. I think one of his fumbles set up a Miami TD last year.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Beaver3332 » October 9th, 2013, 6:36 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
Beaver3332 wrote:
johnnybravo23 wrote:
Beaver3332 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
Beaver3332 wrote:

So did Winslow

We gave him chances last year and he fumbled all over the place. You won't find him catch many passes unless he's near the sideline or in the endzone. I think one of his fumbles set up a Miami TD last year.

Yea he hurdled someone then got popped by Perryman.
Beaver3332

Postby 08GatorBait » October 10th, 2013, 10:47 am

Tyler murphys 209 passer rating was the highest at UF since Grossman in 2001.

Wow lol
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Previous

Return to College Football