College Football Outlook 2014

Dedicated to Nathan, a badass little Duck!

Moderator: JdPat04

College Football Outlook 2014

Postby theSabanator20 » September 26th, 2013, 4:03 am

It's very early, and we are not even halfway through this season, but I'm still anxious to see what happens next season.

This year has proven to be very special and unique, because

1. All of the major academic universities have very good, competitive football teams that can no longer be over looked.
2. A HUGE CROP of senior QBs poised for a shot at the national title.
3. The SEC isn't boasting great defense, but great offense.
4. The Big12 isn't boasting great offense, but great defense.
5. The B1G is actually deep in above average teams this year.
6. The ACC has 4 teams that could possibly see a BCS bowl.
7. The PAC12 is boasting offense AND defense this year.
8. This is the last year of the BCS.
9. This more than likely the last time that a football team will ever go for 3 straight national championships.
10. The NCAA is proving to be a major fraud of judgmental decisions.

All this in mind, here's who I think makes next years College Football Playoff.

1. Oregon
2. Florida
3. Wisconsin
4. Florida State

Big12 will have no undefeateds, and they have no championship game. Sucks for them.

Oregon vs Florida State
Florida vs Wisconsin

Florida vs Florida State for the College Football Playoff Trophy, or whatever the hell they are going to call it...LOL
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Re: College Football Outlook 2014

Postby FlatEarth » September 26th, 2013, 4:08 am

theSabanator20 wrote:It's very early, and we are not even halfway through this season, but I'm still anxious to see what happens next season.

1. All of the major academic universities have very good, competitive football teams that can no longer be over looked.
9. This more than likely the last time that a football team will ever go for 3 straight national championships.

1. Oregon
2. Florida
3. Wisconsin
4. Florida State

Big12 will have no undefeateds, and they have no championship game. Sucks for them.

Oregon vs Florida State
Florida vs Wisconsin

Florida vs Florida State for the College Football Playoff Trophy, or whatever the hell they are going to call it...LOL

I lol'd at your prediction for the title game.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby theSabanator20 » September 26th, 2013, 4:17 am

Gurley4Heisman wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:It's very early, and we are not even halfway through this season, but I'm still anxious to see what happens next season.

1. Oregon
2. Florida
3. Wisconsin
4. Florida State

Oregon vs Florida State
Florida vs Wisconsin

You guys won't be the same without Murray... And Florida will be much improved on offense. They will take the cake in the East, and pending on whether Manziel stays or not, they will win the West next year. Texas A&M vs Florida in Atlanta. Georgia will lose 3 games minimum next year. If you guys don't make it this year, Richt will have to wait probably another 4 years before making a run.
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby billys_back » September 26th, 2013, 5:21 am

First 4 for the playoffs will be:
Alabama
Oregon
Clemson
Ohio St.
billys_back

Team Logo:
Oregon Ducks

Postby johnnybravo23 » September 26th, 2013, 5:35 am

1996 all over again FSU vs. UF.... I'd literally love it if this was true.
johnnybravo23

Postby theSabanator20 » September 26th, 2013, 5:44 am

billys_back wrote:First 4 for the playoffs will be:
Alabama
Oregon
Clemson
Ohio St.

I don't like our chances next year.... AJ and CJ will be gone, 2 of the best to ever walk on campus.
Clemson will be minus Boyd and Watkins. Ohio State maybe, but Urban needs to find a QB that can stay healthy. Guiton is gone after this year, and Miller stays hurt. Oregon should be fine as long as they beat Stanford and Washington State next year. Not sure about Washington after they lose Price. And USC could make rounds next year now that they have a defensive coordinator. UCLA will be better next year as well if Hundley stays.
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby billys_back » September 27th, 2013, 3:12 am

theSabanator20 wrote:
Alabama
Oregon
Clemson
Ohio St.

I don't like our chances next year.... AJ and CJ will be gone, 2 of the best to ever walk on campus.
Clemson will be minus Boyd and Watkins. Ohio State maybe, but Urban needs to find a QB that can stay healthy. Guiton is gone after this year, and Miller stays hurt. Oregon should be fine as long as they beat Stanford and Washington State next year. Not sure about Washington after they lose Price. And USC could make rounds next year now that they have a defensive coordinator. UCLA will be better next year as well if Hundley stays.

I can see where you would be worried about next year, but i have to ask, because i have not seen any Bama games this year, how is the QB depth looking?
billys_back

Team Logo:
Oregon Ducks

Postby theSabanator20 » September 27th, 2013, 3:15 am

billys_back wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:
Alabama
Oregon
Clemson
Ohio St.

I can see where you would be worried about next year, but i have to ask, because i have not seen any Bama games this year, how is the QB depth looking?

Plenty of talent, but Blake Sims IS our second guy. If AJ gets injured in a big game, it's Blake Sims. Praying that our Oline can keep AJ out of harms way for the rest of this year.
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » September 27th, 2013, 3:17 am

johnnybravo23 wrote:1996 all over again FSU vs. UF.... I'd literally love it if this was true.

No. I'd love it if we beat the shit out of them in the NCG, but not if the same thing happened in the 1996/1997 season. :mad
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby theSabanator20 » September 27th, 2013, 3:20 am

theSabanator20 wrote:
billys_back wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:
Alabama
Oregon
Clemson
Ohio St.

Plenty of talent, but Blake Sims IS our second guy. If AJ gets injured in a big game, it's Blake Sims. Praying that our Oline can keep AJ out of harms way for the rest of this year.

1. AJ 4*
2. Sims 3*
3. Alec Morris 3*
4. Cooper Bateman 4*
5. Luke Del Rio 4*

David Cornwell 5* is coming in next year. He may get the job if he enrolls in January and plays in the spring.
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby billys_back » September 27th, 2013, 5:35 am

theSabanator20 wrote:
billys_back wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:
Alabama
Oregon
Clemson
Ohio St.

Not a lot of confidence in Sims huh?
billys_back

Team Logo:
Oregon Ducks

Postby ericberry14 » September 27th, 2013, 12:26 pm

theSabanator20 wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:
billys_back wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:
Alabama
Oregon
Clemson
Ohio St.

1. AJ 4*
2. Sims 3*
3. Alec Morris 3*
4. Cooper Bateman 4*
5. Luke Del Rio 4*

David Cornwell 5* is coming in next year. He may get the job if he enrolls in January and plays in the spring.

You do not want your true freshman qb to be your best option trust me :lol:
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby 08GatorBait » September 27th, 2013, 2:51 pm

Florida, Fsu, and Miami will all three be insanely loaded next year. Would not be shocking at all too see two of the three in the playoffs.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby theSabanator20 » September 27th, 2013, 8:07 pm

billys_back wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:
billys_back wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:
Alabama
Oregon
Clemson
Ohio St.

Not a lot of confidence in Sims huh?

No, not against the good SEC teams, not with our Oline. He knows the play book, and he has skills, but he is NOT what we want to have at backup. Don't need QBs with happy feet. Alec Morris is the next beat pocket passer on the team, he has great composure and can feel pressure coming.

That being said, I don't want to see either of them unless its mop up duty vs a scrub team.
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FlatEarth » September 27th, 2013, 8:18 pm

theSabanator20 wrote:
Gurley4Heisman wrote:

1. Oregon
2. Florida
3. Wisconsin
4. Florida State

Oregon vs Florida State
Florida vs Wisconsin

You guys won't be the same without Murray... And Florida will be much improved on offense. They will take the cake in the East, and pending on whether Manziel stays or not, they will win the West next year. Texas A&M vs Florida in Atlanta. Georgia will lose 3 games minimum next year. If you guys don't make it this year, Richt will have to wait probably another 4 years before making a run.

I know, we will actually have a NFL sized QB under center and a veteran offensive line and studs all over the field both behind the QB and at the TE and WO positions. I see a glorified game manager with great size and if he doesn't work out, we have a top prospect coming in at the QB position. UGA will be better off without Murray getting in his own way every time we play a big game. If Murray was 6'4", UGA would have played for a National Championship last year. I'll be glad when Murray smashes every record and leaves Athens. Time for a guy with some size to take the snaps Between the Hedges.

Out of sheer curiosity, what makes you think UF will be any good on offense? They damn sure won't be better than UGA, if that's what you are thinking. Richt has never taken 4 years to "rebuild", what makes you think losing Murray will change anything? We still bring in 5 star running backs and elite talent at the playmaker positions and he has finally figured out that linemen win championships, so I don't see a 4 year drop off ever in Athens.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby theSabanator20 » September 27th, 2013, 9:58 pm

Gurley4Heisman wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:
Gurley4Heisman wrote:

1. Oregon
2. Florida
3. Wisconsin
4. Florida State

Oregon vs Florida State
Florida vs Wisconsin

I know, we will actually have a NFL sized QB under center and a veteran offensive line and studs all over the field both behind the QB and at the TE and WO positions. I see a glorified game manager with great size and if he doesn't work out, we have a top prospect coming in at the QB position. UGA will be better off without Murray getting in his own way every time we play a big game. If Murray was 6'4", UGA would have played for a National Championship last year. I'll be glad when Murray smashes every record and leaves Athens. Time for a guy with some size to take the snaps Between the Hedges.

Out of sheer curiosity, what makes you think UF will be any good on offense? They damn sure won't be better than UGA, if that's what you are thinking. Richt has never taken 4 years to "rebuild", what makes you think losing Murray will change anything? We still bring in 5 star running backs and elite talent at the playmaker positions and he has finally figured out that linemen win championships, so I don't see a 4 year drop off ever in Athens.

It's never easy to lose a 3-4 year starter at QB and the next guy come in and be lights out. It doesn't happen very often. I think they lose 3 games next year. You guys need a new D coordinator too. That defense hasn't stopped anyone of relevance since Grantham has been there. Not even in bowl games with time to prepare.
theSabanator20

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby mrfree » September 28th, 2013, 1:53 am

the state of florida is gonna run this thing like the 80's and 90's
mrfree

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby 08GatorBait » September 28th, 2013, 7:37 am

Gurley4Heisman wrote:
theSabanator20 wrote:
Gurley4Heisman wrote:

1. Oregon
2. Florida
3. Wisconsin
4. Florida State

Oregon vs Florida State
Florida vs Wisconsin

The difference though, is it won't be as good as this year with Murray.

So it can't cover up the deep flaws in your defense, which has been bad the last two years and it doesn't seem like it matters if its deep and experienced or not experienced...still not working out.

Florida returns almost every offensive starter, and returns most likely at least pending early draftee's 3 of the 4 top linebackers, the four top DE's, 2 of the two deep DTs, both safeties(because Riggs is being pushed back and Gorman is moving up). Corners are both capable of staying as well.

So we will return 9 offensive starters
6-9 defensive starters including two premier defensive ends in Powell and Fowler, still have an insane corner group, and an experienced and deep LB core.

Yes...next year will be Florida's to lose..and you damn sure know our defense will be good under Muschamp. All we need is an offense that can score 24 PPG and we are fine.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Return to College Football