This Year's Supper Bowl Sounds So Fun

National Football League Discussion

This Year's Supper Bowl Sounds So Fun

Postby gatrnation1 » December 10th, 2013, 11:43 am

Nice freezing weather and no tailgating, YES! :down :facepalm

SECAUCUS, N.J. -- Forget about setting up those kegs or buffet tables in the parking lot before this season's Super Bowl at MetLife Stadium. There will be no tailgating, according to the game's committee CEO, Al Kelly.

"You will be allowed to have food in your car and have drink in your car," Kelly said. "And provided you're in the boundaries of a single parking space, you'll be able to eat or drink right next to your car. However, you're not going to be able to take out a lounge chair, you're not going to be able to take out a grill, and you're not going to be able to take up more than one parking space. And it'll all be watched very carefully."

NFLYou will be allowed to have food in your car and have drink in you car. And provided you're in the boundaries of a single parking space, you'll be able to eat or drink right next to your car.

-- Al Kelly, Super Bowl committee
The tailgating news came during the committee's Monday news conference regarding transportation and safety for the Feb. 2, 2014, game.

There will be only three ways for the expected 80,000 ticket holders to get to the game. The committee will charter buses called the Fan Express, which will cost $51 and pick up and drop off passengers at nine locations around the region. Fans can also take N.J. Transit to the MetLife Stadium stop or be dropped off by vehicles that must have parking passes.

There will be fewer than 13,000 parking spots available for fans.

And hiring a black car, taxi or limo won't be an option for VIPs who will spend thousands of dollars per ticket. No cars will be allowed near the stadium on game day without parking passes, and any car that drops off a passenger will have to wait at the stadium.

"Nobody's going to be dropped off by black car," Kelly said. "You can have a black car, a green car, a white car, a red car as long as you have parking, and the car needs to stay on the premises the entire time."

Fans who had considered parking farther from the stadium and getting there on foot will not be allowed to enter.

"You cannot walk to the Super Bowl," Kelly said. "You can get your hotel to drop you off at one of the New Jersey Transit locations or get the shuttle to take you to a Fan Express location, but you cannot walk."

Ultimately, Kelly said he expects that between 70 and 80 percent of all ticket holders will get to the game via public transportation or shuttle bus. There will be 1,600 parking spots for buses.

The reduced parking capacity is a result of the large security perimeter needed for the Super Bowl. Fans will have to go through security screenings at the train station and again at the stadium, Kelly said. :facepalm
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Re: This Year's Supper Bowl Sounds So Fun

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » December 10th, 2013, 9:30 pm

No tailgating? :fail

Pussification of the NFL continues
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby FSUseminoles91 » December 11th, 2013, 12:33 am

What is this, Nazi Germany? You can't tailgate, you can't walk to the game, you can't be dropped off... :ays

This is why I hate the NFL.
FSUseminoles91

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » December 13th, 2013, 2:59 pm

yea i think i will pass
i went to my first and only superbowl last year. i mean if the 49ers go back and i just have tons of money sitting around ill think about it

but man watching at home is just fine for me. Especially vs the cold weather idea.....
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Return to NFL