Ice Bucket Challenge

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Ice Bucket Challenge

Postby ericberry14 » August 19th, 2014, 6:42 pm

FSUKW wrote:
Knights wrote:IMO, the challenge is a sign of what's wrong worth our culture: most people won't do something good, unless it's a trend on Facebook!

I disagree, I think this trend is doing its job. It's bringing awareness to something otherwise not talked about at this level. My 10 and 12 year old kids both did the challenge and donated. I just donated yesterday. We would have not done this had it not been put on display - I know this strengthens your point but ALS will benefit from this so their plan clearly worked.

Only to fags who care about social media... No idea what this fag shit is about
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby frazier9495 » August 19th, 2014, 6:48 pm

Roughly $15 million raised and 5 million gallons of water dumped
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby FSUKW » August 19th, 2014, 6:57 pm

Knights wrote:And are we so wasteful that we can't do good without wasting water? I know ALS sucks, but what about kids that are dying because they live in areas without clean drinking water? Donate money if you want, and stop wasting water!

We live in a society where we:

-use billions of gallons watering grass
-use billions of gallons washing cars
-we piss into a bowl with several gallons of water in it
-buy water in bottles made of plastic
-take long showers. Twice a day in many cases
-most brush our teeth with water running

Why would anyone worry about water on this scenerio?
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » August 19th, 2014, 7:00 pm

FSUKW wrote:
Knights wrote:And are we so wasteful that we can't do good without wasting water? I know ALS sucks, but what about kids that are dying because they live in areas without clean drinking water? Donate money if you want, and stop wasting water!

Why would you brush your teeth with the water running unless you're gross and brush them for like 20 seconds.
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » August 19th, 2014, 7:25 pm

ericberry14 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Why would you brush your teeth with the water running unless you're gross and brush them for like 20 seconds.

I don't keep the water running. My wife does but she does it for like 5 minutes. That's the whole point of water wasting I was trying to make.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Eye_of_Horus » August 19th, 2014, 7:26 pm

FSUKW wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

I don't keep the water running. My wife does but she does it for like 5 minutes. That's the whole point of water wasting I was trying to make.

:shocker
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby ericberry14 » August 19th, 2014, 7:27 pm

Tell that bitch to stop it!
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » August 19th, 2014, 7:31 pm

ericberry14 wrote:Tell that bitch to stop it!

Tell me about it....
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby 08GatorBait » August 20th, 2014, 12:31 am

FSUKW wrote:
Knights wrote:IMO, the challenge is a sign of what's wrong worth our culture: most people won't do something good, unless it's a trend on Facebook!

I disagree, I think this trend is doing its job. It's bringing awareness to something otherwise not talked about at this level. My 10 and 12 year old kids both did the challenge and donated. I just donated yesterday. We would have not done this had it not been put on display - I know this strengthens your point but ALS will benefit from this so their plan clearly worked.

Agree. This charity now has a ton of money because of a trend. Is it dumb, yes. Did it help a charity for a good cause with no real damage done outside of the idiots who can't do it properly....yes
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby FSUKW » August 20th, 2014, 2:09 am

08GatorBait wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Agree. This charity now has a ton of money because of a trend. Is it dumb, yes. Did it help a charity for a good cause with no real damage done outside of the idiots who can't do it properly....yes

:word
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby gatrnation1 » August 20th, 2014, 3:25 am

It's ghey because it's ghey.
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby frazier9495 » August 20th, 2014, 3:28 am

Sorry to JD buzzfeed you, but some of these fails are hilarious

http://www.buzzfeed.com/daves4/just-don ... 36_3616591
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby FlatEarth » August 20th, 2014, 3:39 am

FSUKW wrote:

Well, you're another dumb idiot. So fucking what?

Look, 98% of the $ donated was from the most wealthiest people in the Nation. Why? Tax write-off. That's right, bruh. They are still smart enough to fuck everyone else by exploiting our Governments IRS horseshit "program"

So, you and your 2 kids "donated?" Got ya. That means you accepted the "challenge" that was put out there by an actual ALS patient and you donated $300 for him? ALS? Awesome. Did you research where the money went? I bet you didn't. You did, however, donate to a "non-profit" that is just like the American Red Cross. Did you know the CEO of the ARC made over a million dollars last year? Non-profit, right?? Did you also know that the US Government only donated around 60 million to the ARC last year, but they brought in over 3 Billion from other marketing?

ALS will not benefit in any way on finding a cure. Their employees, however, took advantage of the idiots like you.

I figured you were an intelligent person. Such a shame to see you post this garbage to try and justify an argument.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby frazier9495 » August 20th, 2014, 4:04 am

Did you research the ALS Association before making that post? I bet you didn't, because if you had, you probably wouldn't have posted it :dog
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » August 20th, 2014, 4:21 am

frazier9495 wrote:Did you research the ALS Association before making that post? I bet you didn't, because if you had, you probably wouldn't have posted it :dog

:ROFL2
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby FlatEarth » August 20th, 2014, 4:35 am

frazier9495 wrote:Did you research the ALS Association before making that post? I bet you didn't, because if you had, you probably wouldn't have posted it :dog

Fuck yes I researched this shit... I know how these "non-profits" work... I also know what the "media" claims ALS will do with this money.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby frazier9495 » August 20th, 2014, 4:37 am

GEORGIADOMINATION wrote:

Fuck yes I researched this shit... I know how these "non-profits" work... I also know what the "media" claims ALS will do with this money.

Then please, enlighten us with some facts about the corruption of the ALS Association.
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby FlatEarth » August 20th, 2014, 4:46 am

frazier9495 wrote:
GEORGIADOMINATION wrote:

Then please, enlighten us with some facts about the corruption of the ALS Association.

Is the ALS something you have heard of in the past?
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby frazier9495 » August 20th, 2014, 4:50 am

GEORGIADOMINATION wrote:
frazier9495 wrote:
GEORGIADOMINATION wrote:

:ays

I would have expected a baseball fan such as yourself to have heard of ALS before :facepalm
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby FlatEarth » August 20th, 2014, 4:56 am

frazier9495 wrote:
GEORGIADOMINATION wrote:
frazier9495 wrote:
GEORGIADOMINATION wrote:

:ays

I would have expected a baseball fan such as yourself to have heard of ALS before :facepalm

Perfect, so you have heard. Great. Have you ever donated to this "charity" ??
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion