Argentina vs Niggeria's

Moderator: JdPat04

Argentina vs Niggeria's

Postby 08GatorBait » June 25th, 2014, 5:16 pm

Sorry I had to do it don't hate me

Scoring frenzy going on here. Messi basically has the ball in the attacking 1/3 every five seconds and Nigeria is running up and down like crazy as well. Argentina shouldn't be the second favorite to win the Cup. Just to reliant on Messi to do everything for them.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Re: Argentina vs Niggeria's

Postby ericberry14 » June 25th, 2014, 5:20 pm

In the other game they just called offsides on Iran at fucking midfield then failed to call it right in front of the goal against Bosnia... Offsides is so fucking stupid. You Should never be able to be called for offsides at midfield that's just lazy defense :facepalm this sport sucks dude :lol: Wimbledon is 10x more entertaining as long as no one is grunting too much :dog
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby 08GatorBait » June 25th, 2014, 5:21 pm

ericberry14 wrote:In the other game they just called offsides on Iran at fucking midfield then failed to call it right in front of the goal against Bosnia... Offsides is so fucking stupid. You Should never be able to be called for offsides at midfield that's just lazy defense :facepalm this sport sucks dude :lol: Wimbledon is 10x more entertaining as long as no one is grunting too much :dog

offsides keeps the game in control. How you don't get this is crazy man lol
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby ericberry14 » June 25th, 2014, 5:24 pm

08GatorBait wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:In the other game they just called offsides on Iran at fucking midfield then failed to call it right in front of the goal against Bosnia... Offsides is so fucking stupid. You Should never be able to be called for offsides at midfield that's just lazy defense :facepalm this sport sucks dude :lol: Wimbledon is 10x more entertaining as long as no one is grunting too much :dog

I get it but it's stupid. They should just play defense or at least call it consistently. If there was no offsides everyone would adapt. If you get beat at midfield tough hit your defenders shouldn't be that far up anyway..

Why can't you just agree that most of the time it's retarded.
People might actually watch if something happened every now and again

And at the very least they should have a zone where you can no longer be called offsides. Like near midfield. The dude was close to being called offsides in his own territory... How you don't see that as messed up I will never get. I do however understand the stupid offsides rule. Just didn't expect it to be called 50 yards from the goal
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby ericberry14 » June 25th, 2014, 5:29 pm

08GatorBait wrote:

This response is garbage btw. Why not explain to me why offsides is good.. Or why asking defenders to defend would be bad. I mean I obviously get te offsides shit from the context of my post. I was actually complaining it wasn't called.. It screwed Iran. I was rooting against Iran til they got screwed too. If they get rid of it then they no longer get to let the officials decide who scores and who doesn't. Let the players be the deciding factor
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby 08GatorBait » June 25th, 2014, 6:55 pm

ericberry14 wrote:
08GatorBait wrote:

I get it but it's stupid. They should just play defense or at least call it consistently. If there was no offsides everyone would adapt. If you get beat at midfield tough hit your defenders shouldn't be that far up anyway..

Why can't you just agree that most of the time it's retarded.
People might actually watch if something happened every now and again

And at the very least they should have a zone where you can no longer be called offsides. Like near midfield. The dude was close to being called offsides in his own territory... How you don't see that as messed up I will never get. I do however understand the stupid offsides rule. Just didn't expect it to be called 50 yards from the goal

You do know it's the most popular sport in the World and the World Cup is the most watched event on Earth.

Right?
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby 08GatorBait » June 25th, 2014, 6:56 pm

ericberry14 wrote:
08GatorBait wrote:

This response is garbage btw. Why not explain to me why offsides is good.. Or why asking defenders to defend would be bad. I mean I obviously get te offsides shit from the context of my post. I was actually complaining it wasn't called.. It screwed Iran. I was rooting against Iran til they got screwed too. If they get rid of it then they no longer get to let the officials decide who scores and who doesn't. Let the players be the deciding factor

If you can't understand why offsides is necessary I really can't help you to be honest.

American football doesn't let defenders past the line till the ball is snapped. Same concept.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby ericberry14 » June 25th, 2014, 7:28 pm

08GatorBait wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
08GatorBait wrote:

If you can't understand why offsides is necessary I really can't help you to be honest.

American football doesn't let defenders past the line till the ball is snapped. Same concept.
how is hat the same concept... They are actively playing in soccer. Once the play starts in football you can go wherever you'd like and if no one cover a reciever you can pass him the ball to score

And the reason soccer is the most popular sport worldwide is because it's the only sport 3rd world countries and all the poor people (majority) of the world can play.
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby 08GatorBait » June 25th, 2014, 8:41 pm

Offsides is needed because the size of the field is far to great for a free flowing game in which the offensive player has the advantage in a one on one situation on a defender. You can't allow offensive players to jump in front of the goalie because it forces the field to always be 120 yards at all times which would be absolutely insane. It would become a 10+ score line at that point which ruins the point of soccer. That would be like making the NFL into Arena football. Soccer is a game with build ups to the points just like our football. It takes probing and probing to find the one exploitation and score or a lucky break on a counter like Port got vs the USA(or like Auburn's field goal return). The art of soccer is the build up to the goal, not exactly the goal itself.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby ericberry14 » June 25th, 2014, 8:46 pm

They could figure something better out. Like a spot that no longer counts as offsides. Being offsides at midfield is retarded.

All it does is cause the shit to stall out every time down
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby 08GatorBait » June 25th, 2014, 8:52 pm

ericberry14 wrote:They could figure something better out. Like a spot that no longer counts as offsides. Being offsides at midfield is retarded.

All it does is cause the shit to stall out every time down

I hate offsides when the play is in the penalty box I agree. I would think there could be a way to remove that but it could be problematic for the keepers right to make a play at the ball
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby ericberry14 » June 25th, 2014, 8:55 pm

How about the way they do they tourney... 4 teams each play 3 games where ties are allowed and people advance on points... Way to easy for ties and the need for tiebreakers when they could settle it on the field. I'd change that crap setup too.
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby 08GatorBait » June 25th, 2014, 9:19 pm

ericberry14 wrote:How about the way they do they tourney... 4 teams each play 3 games where ties are allowed and people advance on points... Way to easy for ties and the need for tiebreakers when they could settle it on the field. I'd change that crap setup too.

Ties will not disappear from soccer because traditionalist don't want them removed. A tie can be good for two teams playing well enough to earn points. I think there are two big changes needed in the World Cup though.

1. The draw formate is horrible and creates advantages for European and South American teams. Add in there is no balance in the groups. 1-8 is the only distinct ranking system. Somehow like this World Cup 2 of the four best European teams ended up in our bracket AND the second best African team and the best CONCAC team in the USA. That simply should never happen. They need to set it up with set standards based on the FIFA rankings. Rank them 1-32. Then 1 gets the 32nd team, the 17th team, and the 18th team. So every group provides at least two good teams but the number 1 team is rewarded with the last ranked 2nd best team and last ranked team as well.

2. Points scored is over head to head. Which is absurd for a tie breaker. Goal difference is a fair tie break for the first part, but instead of head to head being the second they go to points scored. Which basically is rewarding a team for scoring more but having worse defense(because their goal difference is tied still). Which is beyond ridiculous.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby ericberry14 » June 25th, 2014, 9:48 pm

I agree with both of those. When 2 teams have 1 loss 1 tie 1 win and one of those teams beat the other that team should go. The example being if Ghana fucks us out of our spot after we beat them head to head straight up
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby 08GatorBait » June 25th, 2014, 9:51 pm

ericberry14 wrote:I agree with both of those. When 2 teams have 1 loss 1 tie 1 win and one of those teams beat the other that team should go. The example being if Ghana fucks us out of our spot after we beat them head to head straight up

Yep. If we beat Ghana and are 1-1-1 like them. It is absurd that they would go and not us.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Return to General Discussion