So went to the psychologist

Moderator: JdPat04

So went to the psychologist

Postby 08GatorBait » November 16th, 2013, 3:13 pm

Last week, finally decided to get tested for add. Turns out, I had insanely bad add. So now I'm on medocine, and It's kind of crazy. I'm focused, my sight is actually better it seems which is just crazy but I think It's I can focus on individual things one at a time now. I don't scan arounf when speaking.

One issue. I can't STFU. I seriously can't stop Fucking typing, talking, texting...it doesn't make sense that my brain is actually more active I figured this would mellow me out but It's made me hyper...I'm sitting in the office going absolutely bad shit crazy right now.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Re: So went to the psychologist

Postby HUNKERED DOWN DAWG » November 16th, 2013, 3:20 pm

08GatorBait wrote:Last week, finally decided to get tested for add. Turns out, I had insanely bad add. So now I'm on medocine, and It's kind of crazy. I'm focused, my sight is actually better it seems which is just crazy but I think It's I can focus on individual things one at a time now. I don't scan arounf when speaking.

One issue. I can't STFU. I seriously can't stop Fucking typing, talking, texting...it doesn't make sense that my brain is actually more active I figured this would mellow me out but It's made me hyper...I'm sitting in the office going absolutely bad shit crazy right now.

shit man, my wife is adhd, I have two nephews that are add, a couple of friends of mine are adhd, and one of their kids are severly add. I could have spent an hour or so with you and diagnosed it. lol. not sure what meds you are on, but most add meds are actually stimulants. not sure how they work though, but for my wife, it has made living with her much, much better.
HUNKERED DOWN DAWG

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Beaver3332 » November 16th, 2013, 4:03 pm

I know for a fact I have ADD because Ive read the symptoms and I have basically all of them but I refuse to go to a psychologist or take medicine for it the only time it affects me is when I'm in school.
Beaver3332

Postby FlatEarth » November 16th, 2013, 4:06 pm

Snort some adderall. You'll be okay. :dog
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Eye_of_Horus » November 16th, 2013, 4:46 pm

Prescription for Meth?

:drool
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby ericberry14 » November 16th, 2013, 4:48 pm

:biglol add is fake. Taking drugs for add is a cop out. Pussy
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby ericberry14 » November 16th, 2013, 4:50 pm

Lets all be zombies so we don't get distracted :stfu
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby 08GatorBait » November 16th, 2013, 5:11 pm

Beaver3332 wrote:I know for a fact I have ADD because Ive read the symptoms and I have basically all of them but I refuse to go to a psychologist or take medicine for it the only time it affects me is when I'm in school.

Dude you should get on the meds. Apparently the hyper wears down once you're used to it but i got so much work done today and I was organized...I fought it for years thing it was a pussy excuse but it is amazing...if everyone else is normally like this I'm pissed at myself for waiting so long. It's incredible. Besides the talking...note all of my post will be long as fuck. They say It's because you finally think clearly and your head isn't 600 things at once so you almost have to tell people everything going on in your brain cause It's the first time It's been like that
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby FSUseminoles91 » November 16th, 2013, 5:25 pm

I probably have it too. I always have a hard time concentrating and I gaze off a lot.

I know my brother as ADHD and my uncle has ADD so it runs in the family. One thing though, I'm not sure which medicine my brother was on (he's since stopped taking anything...says he's fine with out it so whatever), but whatever he took turned him into a little asshole. He was seriously one of the most hateful people to be around and his mood swings were severe. Whatever he was on had some serious side effects

But anyway congrats on the clarity :lol: sometimes I wonder when I'm sitting there staring at a book, mind wandering, if this would be a whole lot easier if I had meds :dog
FSUseminoles91

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Eye_of_Horus » November 16th, 2013, 5:38 pm

EricBerry14 wrote::biglol add is fake. Taking drugs for add is a cop out. Pussy

I don't know that it'as fake, but taking drugs doesn't solve the underlying causes of the problem, obviously.

American medicine: fuck it just take this.
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » November 16th, 2013, 6:28 pm

there is no cure for your love for penis, a psychologist cannot turn you straight bro
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby ericberry14 » November 16th, 2013, 7:37 pm

Eye_of_Horus wrote:
EricBerry14 wrote::biglol add is fake. Taking drugs for add is a cop out. Pussy

I don't know that it'as fake, but taking drugs doesn't solve the underlying causes of the problem, obviously.

American medicine: fuck it just take this.

Maybe it's not fake but it's definitely over diagnosed
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » November 16th, 2013, 7:39 pm

The being talkative is probably a side effect from the medicine

When I first started taking Pain Pills in 2006 when if take them I'd be a :chatterbox. I'd also be motivated and want to get shit done. No matter what it was, cleaning, working, yard work, reorganizing shit, tidious shit.

After a few months it wore off. No more talkative and no more motivation. It just takes the edge off the pain now. Basically it'll knock my back pain from a 8.5 to a 7.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby HUNKERED DOWN DAWG » November 17th, 2013, 2:21 pm

FSUseminoles91 wrote:I probably have it too. I always have a hard time concentrating and I gaze off a lot.

I know my brother as ADHD and my uncle has ADD so it runs in the family. One thing though, I'm not sure which medicine my brother was on (he's since stopped taking anything...says he's fine with out it so whatever), but whatever he took turned him into a little asshole. He was seriously one of the most hateful people to be around and his mood swings were severe. Whatever he was on had some serious side effects

But anyway congrats on the clarity :lol: sometimes I wonder when I'm sitting there staring at a book, mind wandering, if this would be a whole lot easier if I had meds :dog

My buddy was on adderall?...(not sure how it's spelled) but he was the same way with his mood swings. I literally had to break up a fist fight between him and his brother because his brother stepped between him and a campfire one night...fucking crazy
HUNKERED DOWN DAWG

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby ericberry14 » November 17th, 2013, 2:23 pm

You guys are pathetic
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby ScotchFrost97 » November 17th, 2013, 2:43 pm

i don't have add i'm just a retard
ScotchFrost97
2013 TSH Fantasy Football Champion

Team Logo:
USC Trojans

Postby 08GatorBait » November 17th, 2013, 7:31 pm

No I'm on some new shit. No mood swings at all. Also note, my tennis game is better. Beat a guy from work this morn I haven't beaten before. Much easier to make quick decisions and react faster. Fuck anyone who says shit don't work, you just haven't tried it.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby ericberry14 » November 17th, 2013, 8:02 pm

08GatorBait wrote:No I'm on some new shit. No mood swings at all. Also note, my tennis game is better. Beat a guy from work this morn I haven't beaten before. Much easier to make quick decisions and react faster. Fuck anyone who says shit don't work, you just haven't tried it.

Steroids work, so do illegal drugs. Let's do them all
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » November 17th, 2013, 8:41 pm

EricBerry14 wrote:
08GatorBait wrote:No I'm on some new shit. No mood swings at all. Also note, my tennis game is better. Beat a guy from work this morn I haven't beaten before. Much easier to make quick decisions and react faster. Fuck anyone who says shit don't work, you just haven't tried it.

Steroids work, so do illegal drugs. Let's do them all

:agree
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Y4NK33 PL4N3T » November 17th, 2013, 11:05 pm

Beaver3332 wrote:I know for a fact I have ADD because Ive read the symptoms and I have basically all of them but I refuse to go to a psychologist or take medicine for it the only time it affects me is when I'm in school.

:pimp
Y4NK33 PL4N3T

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Next

Return to General Discussion