Do any of y’all believe in god?

Postby JdPat04 » March 10th, 2024, 5:48 pm

:thought
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Re: Do any of y’all believe in god?

Postby ericberry14 » March 10th, 2024, 10:07 pm

I lean towards there being a creator. The moon and the sun being the exact same size really does it for me
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » March 10th, 2024, 11:07 pm

ericberry14 wrote:I lean towards there being a creator. The moon and the sun being the exact same size really does it for me

I don’t believe in God. I believe in nothing of that sort really, but I wouldn’t argue against there being a creator. I would say they are hands off and what happens, is what happens. Prayer, church, sacrifice, etc… does nothing to change your fate. Your actions and the actions of others, plus the luck or bad luck of genetics is what determines happens to us.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby ericberry14 » March 10th, 2024, 11:34 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:I lean towards there being a creator. The moon and the sun being the exact same size really does it for me

I don’t believe in God. I believe in nothing of that sort really, but I wouldn’t argue against there being a creator. I would say they are hands off and what happens, is what happens. Prayer, church, sacrifice, etc… does nothing to change your fate. Your actions and the actions of others, plus the luck or bad luck of genetics is what determines happens to us.

Wouldn’t the creator be god by default? Unless you just mean the Christian god?

But to the prayer, church, and sacrifice not making a difference I disagree. And you say it right after. Your actions determine determines what happens. Doing meth on Sunday morning is probably going to lead to worse outcomes than going to church. Whether or not Christianity is correct doesn’t change the fact that a lot of that stuff is good for people. Having a sense of community. Not having to stress out over things you otherwise might because “it’s in gods hands”… just that kind of thing. I am not religious at all but I get it.

But seriously. The moon and the sun being the same damn size in the sky.. what the fuck are the odds of that?? That’s crazy as shit.
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » March 11th, 2024, 3:53 am

ericberry14 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

But to the prayer, church, and sacrifice not making a difference I disagree. And you say it right after. Your actions determine determines what happens. Doing meth on Sunday morning is probably going to lead to worse outcomes than going to church. Whether or not Christianity is correct doesn’t change the fact that a lot of that stuff is good for people. Having a sense of community. Not having to stress out over things you otherwise might because “it’s in gods hands”… just that kind of thing. I am not religious at all but I get it.

But seriously. The moon and the sun being the same damn size in the sky.. what the fuck are the odds of that?? That’s crazy as shit.

You could call the creator a God. I said I wouldn’t really disagree with having the belief of a “hands off creator” but I still don’t believe there is one.

Correct that having a sense of community is better and all of that, but you could do that without giving thousands and thousands of dollars to an organization that doesn’t pay taxes, and is usually filled with perverts and criminals. You can have a sense of community with parks, gyms, arcades, etc… you don’t need an organization that seems to be filled with hate, and trying to control everyone’s life, in order to have a great community or feel like you belong.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » March 11th, 2024, 12:09 pm

Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » March 11th, 2024, 5:41 pm

ericberry14 wrote:The moon and the sun being the same damn size in the sky.. what the fuck are the odds of that?? That’s crazy as shit.

You can only see God when you accept Flat Earth into your heart. DO THE RESEARCH!! :meltdown
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » March 11th, 2024, 9:33 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

You could call the creator a God. I said I wouldn’t really disagree with having the belief of a “hands off creator” but I still don’t believe there is one.

Correct that having a sense of community is better and all of that, but you could do that without giving thousands and thousands of dollars to an organization that doesn’t pay taxes, and is usually filled with perverts and criminals. You can have a sense of community with parks, gyms, arcades, etc… you don’t need an organization that seems to be filled with hate, and trying to control everyone’s life, in order to have a great community or feel like you belong.

You don’t need church for that but that’s what church provides for a lot of people. I’ve never been to one that felt like it was filled with hate. I’ve also never been to catholic mass or whatever they call it
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » March 12th, 2024, 2:51 am

ericberry14 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:

You don’t need church for that but that’s what church provides for a lot of people. I’ve never been to one that felt like it was filled with hate. I’ve also never been to catholic mass or whatever they call it

The hatred usually comes outside of the church doors from my experience with religious people.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » March 20th, 2024, 6:52 pm

Not a fan if he is real.

Churches are just acceptable cults that are usually less predatory/controlling... usually.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » March 20th, 2024, 9:53 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:Not a fan if he is real.

Churches are just acceptable cults that are usually less predatory/controlling... usually.

There has to be. The sun and the moon are the same Fucking size in the sky! The odds of that are….. astronomical…. :dog
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » March 21st, 2024, 1:02 am

ericberry14 wrote:

There has to be. The sun and the moon are the same Fucking size in the sky! The odds of that are….. astronomical…. :dog

Math is God.

:praisegod

https://www.mathnasium.com/blog/14-inte ... -in-nature
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » March 21st, 2024, 3:01 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:

Math is God.

:praisegod

https://www.mathnasium.com/blog/14-inte ... -in-nature

:lolthumb
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Return to General Discussion