33%
Windows Phone
No votes
None of the above
No votes

Total votes : 9

What software do you use?

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » July 16th, 2023, 4:07 am

I'm curious because I ordered a new phone and wanted to see what others used. Pick 2.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: What software do you use?

Postby JdPat04 » July 16th, 2023, 12:02 pm

I only use IOS because when I swapped over to cricket 2 years ago I got the IPhone SE for $50. Now
It has a cracked everything but I’m not paying$500 and up for a new phone.

Ashely has a pixel, and uses chrome on her laptop.

So I chose IOS and Chrome for you
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » July 20th, 2023, 3:30 am

JdPat04 wrote:I only use IOS because when I swapped over to cricket 2 years ago I got the IPhone SE for $50. Now
It has a cracked everything but I’m not paying$500 and up for a new phone.

Ashely has a pixel, and uses chrome on her laptop.

So I chose IOS and Chrome for you

That's cool. My mom actually uses Chrome OS. I think it's probably the best for casual use, assuming you don't have any privacy objections to Google.

You should look into used phones, IMO. The last phone I got via contract was an LG Enact (Verizon). The salesperson was puzzled why I wanted a phone with worse specs than my previous one and a lot of bulk (It was the only one with a physical keyboard). My current phone I've had since 2019.

You can pick up some old iPhones for less than that or get a new mid-range or cheap Android phone for under $400. Just don't get it at a carrier store because they mostly have a really limited selection and mostly the more expensive ones. There are tons of phones online or from the manufacturers that are well within your price range. Just make sure it's unlocked and works with Cricket.

I got an LG Optimus Exceed 2 (as a dashcam type thing) for $12, no contract, on Amazon. Of course it was locked to Verizon, but not a bad deal considering the price.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » July 21st, 2023, 1:12 pm

I’ll look into that and see what’s up.

I was going to try and find a carrier that would give me another good deal and use them for a few months, then go back to cricket.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » July 21st, 2023, 3:14 pm

JdPat04 wrote:I'll look into that and see what's up.

I was going to try and find a carrier that would give me another good deal and use them for a few months, then go back to cricket.

My carrier is Google Fi. Their "Flexible" plan is $20/mo + state taxes/fees + $10/GB data (only pay for the data you use). My bill is pretty much always under $30/mo (~$26) because I almost never use data, but that's for one line. They have group plans and unlimited data plans, too.

They piggyback off of T-Mobile's and US Cellular's towers. T-Mobile is also usually pretty cheap on price. Fi is compatible with iPhones, too.

If you or anyone else wants to use Fi, send me a private message and I'll send you a referral code to get $20 off (kicks in after 30 days).
(Sorry if this reads like an ad.)
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » July 21st, 2023, 9:56 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:I'll look into that and see what's up.

My carrier is Google Fi. Their "Flexible" plan is $20/mo + state taxes/fees + $10/GB data (only pay for the data you use). My bill is pretty much always under $30/mo (~$26) because I almost never use data, but that's for one line. They have group plans and unlimited data plans, too.

They piggyback off of T-Mobile's and US Cellular's towers. T-Mobile is also usually pretty cheap on price. Fi is compatible with iPhones, too.

If you or anyone else wants to use Fi, send me a private message and I'll send you a referral code to get $20 off (kicks in after 30 days).
(Sorry if this reads like an ad.)

That’s who we used before swapping over to Cricket. We used it for about 2-3 years while living in MD. Thought about using them temporarily again, and if I decide to I’ll sure as shit hit you up. I like saving everybody being able to save some money when they can.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » July 31st, 2023, 9:18 pm

Windows Phone sucks confirmed. Also I'm using edbrowse to write this. It's pretty fucking weird.

Also edbrowse is pretty crazy
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Return to General Discussion