Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken

Moderator: JdPat04

Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » June 26th, 2021, 1:29 am

Did you guys watch it? It was a pretty sad documentary. I feel sorry for Buttram.

It's free on Prime Video and Youtube.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: Super Size Me 2: Holy Chicken

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 28th, 2021, 3:23 pm

I still haven't seen the first one. After reading Fast Food Nation, I tend to avoid that shit.

I know how nasty the mass-produced meat factories can be, but I also don't want to become a vegan.

I try to stick to local, free range, humanely treated, etc food when I can... but I don't know how much I trust their claims.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » June 28th, 2021, 3:38 pm

Never watched either of them.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 28th, 2021, 4:45 pm

I don't understand why it's so difficult to get a lefty to watch Planet of the Humans. I mean, it's an environmental/green energy film produced by Michael Moore.

For some reason, they're all like :earplugs

:dunno
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » June 28th, 2021, 11:20 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:I still haven't seen the first one. After reading Fast Food Nation, I tend to avoid that shit.

I know how nasty the mass-produced meat factories can be, but I also don't want to become a vegan.

I try to stick to local, free range, humanely treated, etc food when I can... but I don't know how much I trust their claims.

I never even went vegetarian after (re)watching SSM1 or 2. It just makes you less likely to buy from them. I never liked chicken anyway.
SSM1: McDonald's, obesity epidemic, lack of nutritional health education. It's more about the consumer.
SSM2: Big Chicken (Tyson, Sysco, Perdue, Hormel, Pilgrim's, etc.), fast food is still bad but they've added meaningless words and phrases and packaging (even redesigning restaurants) to make it seem better than it really is, and how chicken farming works.

Jonathan Buttram was a 3rd-generation chicken farmer in Alabama and he's been blackballed by Big Chicken because he helped Spurlock by renting out a chicken farm. I've heard he's farming other animals now.

If you don't want to watch the full documentary(ies), you can get the gist of SSM2 from the trailer. It's really easy to get the USDA stamp of approval and mislead folks on those buzzwords you brought up, Muck.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oAjsBZEOnVw
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » June 30th, 2021, 12:20 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:I still haven't seen the first one. After reading Fast Food Nation, I tend to avoid that shit.

I want to get into hunting eventually. When I buy local beef and local milk it’s noticeably better. But still would be nice to hunt most of my own meat if possible.
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Return to General Discussion