Postby Muck FcDisney » June 17th, 2021, 3:14 pm

[ img ]

:thought
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: About that $15 per hour...

Postby bigbluebazooka » June 17th, 2021, 10:05 pm

I wouldn’t pay these sorry ass kids $15 an hour. I’d rather pay the illegals. :lol:
At least the amigos didn’t grow up in a country they were taught to hate. Critical Race Theory. :facepalm
Again I’m just waiting for the massacre :usa
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » June 17th, 2021, 11:57 pm

That graphic is slightly confusing considering red in financials usually means negative. It doesn't account for the tax expenses of the general public used to fund these single parents instead of stuff like roads and libraries and it's incredibly specific to the point where it applies to an insanely small amount of people: single parents of 2 children in Forsyth County, GA who take part in EVERY program mentioned. I mean you might as well show off a hand turkey for how relevant it is to a vast majority of people viewing it.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 18th, 2021, 4:16 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:That graphic is slightly confusing considering red in financials usually means negative.

Agree.

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:It doesn't account for the tax expenses of the general public used to fund these single parents instead of stuff like roads and libraries

Not sure what you mean here. How would that affect this person's income after tax/benefits?

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:and it's incredibly specific to the point where it applies to an insanely small amount of people: single parents of 2 children in Forsyth County, GA who take part in EVERY program mentioned.

Everyone does this though. You have to get your numbers from somewhere. A database where you could enter every possible demographic in every possible location would certainly be nice, but our tens of thousands of bureaucrats don't have time for shit like that. They're too busy with important shit, like studying the effects of cow farts or the effect of tequila on sexual activity in goldfish.

This also doesn't account for all the people who would go from $7.25/hr to $0/hr because their labor is not worth $15/hr, nor does it account for price increases as a result of paying people more or replacing them with automation. Then again, that's difficult to estimate.

I imagine the vast majority of single parents making minimum wage with 2 kids would take part in every program mentioned, if not more.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » June 23rd, 2021, 12:25 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:It doesn't account for the tax expenses of the general public used to fund these single parents instead of stuff like roads and libraries

Not sure what you mean here. How would that affect this person's income after tax/benefits?

I mean all taxpayers are paying more for the $7.50 parent than for the $15.00 parent in welfare and stuff. Otherwise some of those $7.50 funds could be allocated for more public improvements and maintenance rather than just a single parent. The $15.00 parent isn't as much of a "welfare leech" as the $7.50 parent.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » June 23rd, 2021, 2:43 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

I mean all taxpayers are paying more for the $7.50 parent than for the $15.00 parent in welfare and stuff. Otherwise some of those $7.50 funds could be allocated for more public improvements and maintenance rather than just a single parent. The $15.00 parent isn't as much of a "welfare leech" as the $7.50 parent.

Except inflation will keep happening and $15 will be worth 7.50
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 23rd, 2021, 2:50 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Nah, gov't doesn't spend that way. They never say, "oh, we don't have enough tax revenue to pay for this, we're gonna have to pay less in entitlements per person or find a more cost effective way to make public improvements." They simply go further in debt. In other words, they simply print more money, which causes inflation, which is essentially a hidden tax that disproportionately affects the poor.

And yes, it's true that they don't get as much $$ from the government. But I think the point here is that doubling their pay only gives them an extra $7.50/day.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Return to General Discussion