Health Insurance

Moderator: JdPat04

Health Insurance

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 8th, 2020, 12:00 am

What do you twinks pay for health insurance? It just dawned on me that I now pay $12,000/yr... and that's only for me and my son. :shocker

It doesn't help that I work at a small company with 10 employees and four of them are old or generally unhealthy, but damn! If I had NO INSURANCE, I wouldn't have paid $12,000 over the last 7 years combined.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: Health Insurance

Postby CraigKressel » July 8th, 2020, 2:24 am

#thanksObama

Obamacare made all the healthcare companies rich and we pay for it. Look at United healthcares stock vs 2009.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » July 8th, 2020, 3:49 am

CraigKressel wrote:#thanksObama

Obamacare made all the healthcare companies rich and we pay for it. Look at United healthcares stock vs 2009.

They were rich before then.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 8th, 2020, 4:19 pm

CraigKressel wrote:#thanksObama

I have health insurance through UHC. :facepalm

But like JD said, they were already rich. Look at just about any company's stock now vs 2009.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » July 9th, 2020, 11:04 am

I haven’t had insurance since I was 25 (cuz of whatever that shit was where you stay on your parents). I’ve been to the doctor once a week after breaking my foot cuz it wasn’t getting any better. I’ve come out WAAAYYYYYYY ahead. Making young healthy people pay for unhealthy and old fucks health insurance is a fucking crime imo
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 9th, 2020, 7:10 pm

ericberry14 wrote:I haven’t had insurance since I was 25 (cuz of whatever that shit was where you stay on your parents). I’ve been to the doctor once a week after breaking my foot cuz it wasn’t getting any better. I’ve come out WAAAYYYYYYY ahead. Making young healthy people pay for unhealthy and old fucks health insurance is a fucking crime imo

I went to the Dr. 3 years ago. Told them I was pretty sure I broke my foot. They took 5 xrays and said, "nah, just a sprain."

I went to a different Dr. for tendonitis in the same foot a month ago. She showed me my xrays and asked, "did you know you broke this foot before?" I looked and, clear as fucking day, you could see where I broke it and it rejoined at a 45 degree angle.

(Many) doctors are fucking worthless... :facepalm

Anyway, we spend almost nothing on healthcare, so I'm looking into some kind of low premium, extremely high out-of-pocket insurance.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » July 10th, 2020, 1:29 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:I haven’t had insurance since I was 25 (cuz of whatever that shit was where you stay on your parents). I’ve been to the doctor once a week after breaking my foot cuz it wasn’t getting any better. I’ve come out WAAAYYYYYYY ahead. Making young healthy people pay for unhealthy and old fucks health insurance is a fucking crime imo

I went to the Dr. 3 years ago. Told them I was pretty sure I broke my foot. They took 5 xrays and said, "nah, just a sprain."

I went to a different Dr. for tendonitis in the same foot a month ago. She showed me my xrays and asked, "did you know you broke this foot before?" I looked and, clear as fucking day, you could see where I broke it and it rejoined at a 45 degree angle.

(Many) doctors are fucking worthless... :facepalm

Anyway, we spend almost nothing on healthcare, so I'm looking into some kind of low premium, extremely high out-of-pocket insurance.

They all are, literally everything I have gone for the last 20 years they either did nothing to improve my health or gave me antibiotics i could have prescribed myself.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » July 12th, 2020, 12:22 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:What do you twinks pay for health insurance? It just dawned on me that I now pay $12,000/yr... and that's only for me and my son. :shocker

It doesn't help that I work at a small company with 10 employees and four of them are old or generally unhealthy, but damn! If I had NO INSURANCE, I wouldn't have paid $12,000 over the last 7 years combined.

Healthcare (actually, insurance in general) is a gamble on both parties. It's pretty good when you need it (usually), pretty bad when you don't. I usually sign up for the low premiums and higher visit payments because I rarely get sick or hurt enough to go to a medical center or hospital. Lots of pharmacies like Walgreens will give you discount cards if you don't have health insurance. Not that they help much, but it's better than nothing.

The only people who probably need healthcare are the ones who are regularly medicated. Then it can make a real difference. Or if you make like 4-5+ visits to the hospital every year.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » July 12th, 2020, 2:32 am

I rarely get sick but this week I have:

-almost cut off my left index finger with a box cutter. Trip to ER and 5 stitches. (Sunday)

-wrecked my bike on my daily bike ride - scraped up knee trying to protect jacked up finger. (Wednesday)

-Set my entire right hand and arm on fire pouring gas on a fire in my fire pit. (Thursday) Luckily I was standing next to my hot tub and was only on fire for like 2 seconds before throwing both arms into the hot tub. I have done this 20 or 30 times. Just got careless. LOL This could have been worse.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » July 13th, 2020, 8:18 am

FSUKW wrote:I rarely get sick but this week I have:

-almost cut off my left index finger with a box cutter. Trip to ER and 5 stitches. (Sunday)

-wrecked my bike on my daily bike ride - scraped up knee trying to protect jacked up finger. (Wednesday)

-Set my entire right hand and arm on fire pouring gas on a fire in my fire pit. (Thursday) Luckily I was standing next to my hot tub and was only on fire for like 2 seconds before throwing both arms into the hot tub. I have done this 20 or 30 times. Just got careless. LOL This could have been worse.

You should try out for Jackass. You sound like a natural. :lolthumb

But seriously, stay safe.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 13th, 2020, 7:45 pm

FSUKW wrote:pouring gas on a fire in my fire pit

Da fuq?!? Why would you do that?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » July 13th, 2020, 7:55 pm

You’re safe from COVID as long as you don’t go to a hospital or a nursing home. :bolt
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FSUKW » July 14th, 2020, 2:28 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:pouring gas on a fire in my fire pit

Da fuq?!? Why would you do that?

My 16 year old daughter had 4 friends over and wanted to do s’mores. The fire logs take a while to get going. Needed to speed it up. Ive done this many times. Just got careless. It sounds worse than it was. Luckily I had a hot tub 2 feet away.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » July 14th, 2020, 2:32 am

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:

You should try out for Jackass. You sound like a natural. :lolthumb

But seriously, stay safe.

Yea - it was all dumb but definitely learning moments. :dog
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » July 14th, 2020, 2:41 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:

You’re safe from COVID as long as you don’t go to a hospital or a nursing home. :bolt

:ROFL2
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Return to General Discussion