Who's getting a stimulus check?

Postby FSUKW » April 7th, 2020, 10:41 pm

:thought
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: Who's getting a stimulus check?

Postby FSUKW » April 7th, 2020, 10:43 pm

BTW - they should not be called stimulus checks. The economy was fine before this. We are not trying to stimulate the economy...... :dog
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » April 8th, 2020, 4:36 pm

:dunno

I know people who will make more money being unemployed than they did working. :crazy
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » April 8th, 2020, 7:32 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote::dunno

I know people who will make more money being unemployed than they did working. :crazy

Unfortunately I won't get a check.

I also know people that will make $875 a week not being employed......LOL

I also know people that won't get a stimulus check or will get a tiny amount who were just laid off.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » April 9th, 2020, 4:21 pm

FSUKW wrote:

I also know people that won't get a stimulus check or will get a tiny amount who were just laid off.

Hmm... after looking into it it looks like I won't get a check. Mrs. Muck and I are both still working though, so we don't need it.

At this point, I'm just hoping things get back to semi-normal by June.

When this is over, how do we determine which of these is true?

-Infections are lower than predicted because mitigation works!
-Infections are lower than predicted, which means we closed the entire economy over a mass hysteria.

How many Americans had this and didn't even know it? How do we know 10M Americans didn't have it... in December?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » April 9th, 2020, 4:25 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Hmm... after looking into it it looks like I won't get a check. Mrs. Muck and I are both still working though, so we don't need it.

-Infections are lower than predicted, which means we closed the entire economy over a mass hysteria.

How many Americans had this and didn't even know it? How do we know 10M Americans didn't have it... in December?

I caught what I think was the flu on the 22nd of January. For all I know I’m a survivor. :dunno
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FSUKW » April 9th, 2020, 5:42 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

I caught what I think was the flu on the 22nd of January. For all I know I’m a survivor. :dunno

I was in Mexico in Feb. Came back at the end of Feb and immediately had a cough and sore throat. Still have the cough. It is going away finally.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » April 9th, 2020, 5:46 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

I am advising my friends to access their tax situation. These checks are based on either 2019 (if completed) or 2018 (if 2019 is not completed). I know people who will get more money based on 2018 than 2019. With the July extension, I told my neighbor to wait until after he gets his stimulus money to do his 2019 taxes since he had a great 2019 like most.

I'm screwed using either year but like you said, I don't need it.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » April 9th, 2020, 7:53 pm

FSUKW wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

I was in Mexico in Feb. Came back at the end of Feb and immediately had a cough and sore throat. Still have the cough. It is going away finally.

I was sicker then a dog for two days. I thought it was just a nasty flu then everything got crazy with the news and now I don’t know what to believe
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby ericberry14 » April 9th, 2020, 8:56 pm

They talked a big game about paying people after telling them they weren’t allowed to go to work anymore.... but no one is seeing a fucking dime
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » April 9th, 2020, 9:13 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
FSUKW wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

I was sicker then a dog for two days. I thought it was just a nasty flu then everything got crazy with the news and now I don’t know what to believe

Mines was cough, sore throat, runny nose, upset stomach. Never has a fever. Went to dr twice. They said they don’t have any coronavirus tests available. I said sarcastically....so the statistics on tv must be pretty accurate then if not everybody is getting tested.

At least if you had it, you are immune now.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » April 11th, 2020, 3:56 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

I caught what I think was the flu on the 22nd of January. For all I know I'm a survivor. :dunno

https://www.healthline.com/health/coronavirus-symptoms
The more severe cases had a hard time breathing and pneumonia. It's possible you had it, although with the flu the symptoms usually hit fast, while COVID-19 is more gradual.

Mass hysteria, Muck? Maybe, but who wants to be the one person in twenty that gets severe organ failure or death just because most infected will not have many problems? There are no vaccines or immunity other than getting infected yourself, unlike the flu.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » April 11th, 2020, 4:37 am

Has there been studies showing we are immune?

Maybe you meant we’ll have some immunity but I doubt we will be completely immune.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Jezter13 » April 11th, 2020, 1:16 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

I caught what I think was the flu on the 22nd of January. For all I know I'm a survivor. :dunno

The more severe cases had a hard time breathing and pneumonia. It's possible you had it, although with the flu the symptoms usually hit fast, while COVID-19 is more gradual.

Mass hysteria, Muck? Maybe, but who wants to be the one person in twenty that gets severe organ failure or death just because most infected will not have many problems? There are no vaccines or immunity other than getting infected yourself, unlike the flu.

What vaccines have obliterated the annual flu?

With the flu shot "vaccine", how many people die annually from the flu?

Do people still get polio?
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » April 11th, 2020, 10:55 pm

Jezter13 wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Did I say the flu was obliterated? You have to get flu shots every season to get a resistance to it. Lots of people are lazy and don't care to get a vaccine to a virus that sucks for a little while but rarely kills you. Viruses evolve and adapt, you know. Or maybe you don't. If you do get the flu, if you're in relatively good physical health, you'll probably survive.

Yes, very few people still get polio. And they can still get illnesses that have vaccines if they aren't vaccinated. That's kind of the point of getting vaccinated. They don't stick a needle in you for fun.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » April 12th, 2020, 2:45 am

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Did I say the flu was obliterated? You have to get flu shots every season to get a resistance to it. Lots of people are lazy and don't care to get a vaccine to a virus that sucks for a little while but rarely kills you. Viruses evolve and adapt, you know. Or maybe you don't. If you do get the flu, if you're in relatively good physical health, you'll probably survive.

Yes, very few people still get polio. And they can still get illnesses that have vaccines if they aren't vaccinated. That's kind of the point of getting vaccinated. They don't stick a needle in you for fun.

First, you don't have to get vaccinated. I never have. And about 98% of every human i know doesn't. They build antibodies naturally. As that's natural.

Second, more people will die of the flu than this Chinese flu. On aver it's 60K in America that do even with that vaccine you mentioned. Which you shrugged off. I knew you would and that's the point.

Thid has no cure. People will naturally die from it. It's old and sick people that are those dying. Just like with the annual influenza. So, listen to your dumbasses and thank your local teachers for fucking you up mentally by not teaching you critical thinking skills.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » April 12th, 2020, 2:51 am

20200407_102944.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » April 13th, 2020, 3:45 am

Jezter13 wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:Did I say the flu was obliterated? You have to get flu shots every season to get a resistance to it. Lots of people are lazy and don't care to get a vaccine to a virus that sucks for a little while but rarely kills you. Viruses evolve and adapt, you know. Or maybe you don't. If you do get the flu, if you're in relatively good physical health, you'll probably survive.

First, you don't have to get vaccinated. I never have. And about 98% of every human i know doesn't. They build antibodies naturally. As that's natural.

Second, more people will die of the flu than this Chinese flu. On aver it's 60K in America that do even with that vaccine you mentioned. Which you shrugged off. I knew you would and that's the point.

Thid has no cure. People will naturally die from it. It's old and sick people that are those dying. Just like with the annual influenza. So, listen to your dumbasses and thank your local teachers for fucking you up mentally by not teaching you critical thinking skills.

Oh, Jesus. You're talking about critical thinking when you can't even read. Why am I not surprised?

I never said everyone needs to get vaccinated. You don't even understand how vaccines work: they're antigens, like impotent versions of a virus/bacterium that enable the body's immune system to recognize and react accordingly to foreign antibodies. There's a difference between immunity and successfully fighting off a disease. Immunity means your body is so well-prepared that you easily fend off a disease, possibly before symptoms even present. It's like practicing for a game. If you don't bother to study your opponent and just wing it, it's definitely possible to win, but it's that much easier to lose if you don't prepare properly. It's sad that I even have to explain this to someone who's supposedly an adult.

Second, "more people will die of the flu than this Chinese flu." What? How? Do you mind citing where you got that graphic citing death statistics? The CDC (right, they're morons, so why trust them, right?) says around 40% of adults get flu vaccines. 60,000 people of around 330,000,000 is 0.018%. COVID-19 has a mortality rate of 2-4%. If you go with the lower 2% mortality rate, that's still over 100 times deadlier than the common flu, you dumbass.

Third, of course there's no cure. That's why it's a big deal. No, it's not just the old and sick that die with COVID-19. There are people from all age groups dying, except younger kids seem to be doing better in general.

I am eternally grateful that my teachers and professors didn't let me end up a dumbass who spouts "critical thinking skills are important" when they are completely devoid of critical thought. Maybe if you finished high school you'd know what critical thinking is. You should change your sig because it makes you look like an idiot when you basically ignore medical experts, multiple governments, and basic statistics in favor of a fringe paranoia site. Even Fauci knows this is a big deal. I mean it's kind of his job. Belief is NOT a substitute for knowledge. Follow your own advice for once.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » April 13th, 2020, 2:43 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

1 in 20? It's not even 1 in 25 for confirmed cases in the US. I doubt it's even 1 in 100 when you consider most had mild or no symptoms and didn't get tested.

I'm not saying we should let 1.5M Americans die, I just think there are better ways to handle this.

I'm actually getting my stimulus check this Wed because we file separately, I'm head of household, and claim my kid as dependent. I guess I'll buy more stocks or something... :dunno
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » April 13th, 2020, 3:12 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:The CDC (right, they're morons, so why trust them, right?) says around 40% of adults get flu vaccines. 60,000 people of around 330,000,000 is 0.018%. COVID-19 has a mortality rate of 2-4%. If you go with the lower 2% mortality rate, that's still over 100 times deadlier than the common flu, you dumbass.

Question: When the CDC told us for months "if you are NOT sick, you do not need to wear a facemask unless you are caring for someone who is sick (and they are not able to wear a facemask)," were they morons or knowingly lying? Countries that wore masks handled it far better than we did.

You think between 6.6 million and 13.2 million Americans are going to die from COVID-19? Really? Even if it comes back in the fall, we are unlikely to top 100,000. Models are now projecting... just over 60,000.
https://covid19.healthdata.org/united-states-of-america
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Next

Return to General Discussion