Shut down prediction thread

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Shut down prediction thread

Postby bigbluebazooka » January 8th, 2019, 3:20 pm

Eye_of_Horus wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:I hope Trump says fuck Congress tonight and builds the wall.

Yup.

National emergency time. Plenty of funds available to build that wall. :2thumbs

I noticed Shulosi wants the same air time as the president to speak.
Ummmm you idiots had years of feeding us bull shit.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » January 9th, 2019, 1:15 pm

2717.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » January 12th, 2019, 1:24 am

Jezter13 wrote:
2717.jpeg

Did i hear Pelosi use the term technological wall. :facepalm

How long do these idiots think drones can fly for until the battery dies? :thought :facepalm
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 12th, 2019, 10:59 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
2717.jpeg

How long do these idiots think drones can fly for until the battery dies? :thought :facepalm

She's not entirely wrong. We need that too. In fact, Trump should give in and offer the Dems everything they've ever asked for: the increased physical barrier they wanted up until 2015, and the technological barrier they want now.

Drones and cameras significantly reduce the manpower required to secure the border.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » January 13th, 2019, 3:10 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
2717.jpeg

She's not entirely wrong. We need that too. In fact, Trump should give in and offer the Dems everything they've ever asked for: the increased physical barrier they wanted up until 2015, and the technological barrier they want now.

Drones and cameras significantly reduce the manpower required to secure the border.

Yep the wall is a barrier only. It will deter few but mainly slow down many. That gives the agents and drones time to do their jobs.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby bigbluebazooka » January 13th, 2019, 9:13 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
2717.jpeg

Again. How long can you fly a drone until the battery dies? Cameras can get hit by a rock or shot with a bullet. Walls work. Republicans need to fight for this and stop being pussies like they’re known for.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » January 13th, 2019, 1:10 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
2717.jpeg

How many prisoners break out of prison?

How many thieves scale the walls of millionaire homes?

How many people jump the walls of the Vatican?

How many people......

Of all the persons that meander those and others walled in areas, what % of those make it over?
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 13th, 2019, 4:40 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
2717.jpeg

Again. How long can you fly a drone until the battery dies? Cameras can get hit by a rock or shot with a bullet. Walls work. Republicans need to fight for this and stop being pussies like they’re known for.

I'm not talking Walmart drones. Military drones can fly for a week at a time.

People can get hit by a rock or shot with a bullet too.

I agree that walls work. What I'm saying is that walls + technology work better.

The government can remain shut down for eternity for all I care.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 13th, 2019, 5:20 pm

Jezter13 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
2717.jpeg

How many people......

Of all the persons that meander those and others walled in areas, what % of those make it over?

I don't know. You tell me.

I take it you agree with me, since prisons and the Vatican have walls, cameras, and, guards, and most millionaire homes which have walls also have cameras.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » January 13th, 2019, 6:42 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:
2717.jpeg

How many people......

I don't know. You tell me.

I take it you agree with me, since prisons and the Vatican have walls, cameras, and, guards, and most millionaire homes which have walls also have cameras.

No. I don't agree, per se.

If cameras were as effective as a wall? Then all of the buildings that are walled in would remove them. The businesses that protect their employees with bullet proof glass would be unnecessary seeing as alllll those cameras are doing so well. Not to mention all the cities that have big brother cameras everywhere, I'm sure the banks and all that don't need vaults or anything of the such because. Cameras.

People doing illegal things aren't too perturbed with cameras. What deters them is the hardest way to their goal.

A wall is, by far, a greater deterrent than are cameras, guards, or anything like that.

Look at the kids that were massacred in Fort Lauderdale. Plenty of guards. No walls or anything to ensure safety with a weapon of that type. A wall and secured locations for entry? Problem solved.

Barred windows vs. A home without. What crook is going to the bars first?

A reinforced sound wall with a footing 15' deep with vibration monitor sensors built in and noise monitoring too. That solves the issue.

A wall also means no more wasting money for the tax payers for human monitoring. The insurance, the vehicles, training, lawsuit payouts, etc that we are all on the hook for with human resources.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 13th, 2019, 7:55 pm

When did I say cameras only?

Are you proposing wall only?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » January 13th, 2019, 8:54 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:When did I say cameras only?

I'm saying cameras are worthless. They would be a waste of money. Maintaining them, repositioning, the constant breaking of them etc. They are a useless form of "enforcement" of anything other than red light running.

A reinforced sound wall with a footing 15' deep with vibration monitor sensors built in and noise monitoring too. That solves the issue.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 13th, 2019, 11:55 pm

Jezter13 wrote:

I'm saying cameras are worthless. They would be a waste of money. Maintaining them, repositioning, the constant breaking of them etc. They are a useless form of "enforcement" of anything other than red light running.

While it's certainly impressive that you know more about this than the people who do it for a living, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I think there's a good reason EVERYONE uses cameras. Vibration/ noise sensors don't require repositioning, maintenance, and don't break? Seems like you'd have a lot more false alarms, too. But what do I know?

We should play capture the flag sometime. For money. You use your technology, I'll use mine. :lolthumb
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » January 14th, 2019, 3:48 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:

While it's certainly impressive that you know more about this than the people who do it for a living, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree. I think there's a good reason EVERYONE uses cameras. Vibration/ noise sensors don't require repositioning, maintenance, and don't break? Seems like you'd have a lot more false alarms, too. But what do I know?

We should play capture the flag sometime. For money. You use your technology, I'll use mine. :lolthumb

Ah, yes, now you'll side with the "experts" because it suits your stance.

This is simple logic. I mean very simple.

Let's test it. Go put a canary diamond on pedestal

1. Surrounded by a wall a minimum of 10' high

2. With a simple camera looking at it.

Which one are you Stealing?

I won't hold my breath, I know your answer.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » January 14th, 2019, 3:56 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:

To answer your questions about sensors.

1. No, when set to a frequency to alert, knowing the difference between a human taking a bat to a wall vs. A jackhammer (as an example) there's not a chance for false positives.

Having both noise and vibration also makes it so the readings can be verified prior to needing to scramble.

Ad for the part about maintaining them? These devices aren't anywhere near as easy to break and or screw around with because they'd be hidden within the wall, on "our" side. They don't need to be cleaned. Protected. And or changed at the intervals a camera does. No to mention they cost about a hundredth the cost of a single camera.

Let's ask the simple question, the one you continue to avoid. Why do people rob banks and don't bother with the vault?

Why, with all the cameras in liquor stores and other places of business that are simply monitored by their usints continually robbed?

What, in your estimation, is the effectiveness of an object that obstructs vs cameras? Honest question.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 14th, 2019, 4:42 pm

Jezter13 wrote:Ah, yes, now you'll side with the "experts" because it suits your stance.

You fancy yourself an expert, so I obviously can't side with you, right?

Jezter13 wrote:This is simple logic. I mean very simple.

Not that I want a yellow diamond, but obviously the one surrounded by a wall. If there's a camera, I could get busted 3 seconds after lifting the rock. A wall with no surveillance? The options are endless. Ladder? No problem. Vacuum and a long tube? That works too. Oversized fishing rod with a little adhesive instead of a hook? Hell, this could be done with less sound or vibration than a tumbleweed.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » January 14th, 2019, 5:34 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:Ah, yes, now you'll side with the "experts" because it suits your stance.

Not that I want a yellow diamond, but obviously the one surrounded by a wall. If there's a camera, I could get busted 3 seconds after lifting the rock. A wall with no surveillance? The options are endless. Ladder? No problem. Vacuum and a long tube? That works too. Oversized fishing rod with a little adhesive instead of a hook? Hell, this could be done with less sound or vibration than a tumbleweed.

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

I wear a costume and run. Disappear. Just like all the thefts in this country that goes unsolved.

The walled in diamond? that takes time. Work. People watching you scale. Calling for help immediately. The sensors alerting the authorities as well. Immediately apprehension capabilities.

But, whatever. At this juncture you'll just say more childish things like fishing poles and other Loser Wile E. Coyote options that never work. But, hey, you make for great entertainment all the same. LoL.

Using your thoughts though, we could save a shit ton of money on housing prisoners. Just hope we catch them walking around using big brother cameras. No need for prison. And after arraignment, just put them in a field with a few cameras and tell them not to leave boundaries. I'm sure that'll work. :rock
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 14th, 2019, 6:50 pm

Jezter13 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

Hahahahahahahaaaaaaaa!

I wear a costume and run. Disappear. Just like all the thefts in this country that goes unsolved.

The walled in diamond? that takes time. Work. People watching you scale. Calling for help immediately. The sensors alerting the authorities as well. Immediately apprehension capabilities.

But, whatever. At this juncture you'll just say more childish things like fishing poles and other Loser Wile E. Coyote options that never work. But, hey, you make for great entertainment all the same. LoL.

Using your thoughts though, we could save a shit ton of money on housing prisoners. Just hope we catch them walking around using big brother cameras. No need for prison. And after arraignment, just put them in a field with a few cameras and tell them not to leave boundaries. I'm sure that'll work. :rock

Oh, your wall has sensors and surveillance now? Why didn't you mention that before?

As I said before, I never advocated for cameras only. Not sure why you keep going back to that other than to declare yourself slayer of strawmen.

Let me know if you'd like to have a serious conversation. These ridiculous, unrelated analogies are boring.

Bottom line: cameras work, which is why everyone uses them. It's insane that this point even has to be made.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » January 14th, 2019, 9:32 pm

My wall has always had sensors. You even quoted my saying as much.

Vibration and noise monitoring sensors.

What do you think they do?

Oh, and so you know. I design bridges and roads for a living. I also dabble in vertical construction as well. Part of what we do, when In urban environments, we have to set up Noise and Vibration monitoring plans as well as the setup. So, to answer your snarky remark in a prior post and before you do it again? Yeah, I'm probably a little bit more informed than are you and the idiots in D.C. that live comfortably in their walled in communities and homes.

:2thumbs

Cameras do not work. We have an endless supply of police records that prove cameras do not stop crime.

"The path of least resistance" yeah, that invoke camera fear. Lmao.

Walls are near 100% effective. Cameras will do what? Nothing. It'll just give us evidence of crossings and potentially the totals.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 14th, 2019, 11:10 pm

Jezter13 wrote:My wall has always had sensors. You even quoted my saying as much.

And my wall always had cameras. In your "test", however, it was wall only vs camera only. You can go back and read it yourself.

Jezter13 wrote:Vibration and noise monitoring sensors.

What do you think they do?

What they say they do, I'd imagine. You're still basically arguing that a blind man (vibration/noise sensors) on the wall would be better at detecting illegals than a deaf man (camera).

Jezter13 wrote:Oh, and so you know. I design bridges and roads for a living. I also dabble in vertical construction as well. Part of what we do, when In urban environments, we have to set up Noise and Vibration monitoring plans as well as the setup. So, to answer your snarky remark in a prior post and before you do it again? Yeah, I'm probably a little bit more informed than are you and the idiots in D.C. that live comfortably in their walled in communities and homes.

:2thumbs

Good for you! I work with passive infrared / ultrasonic motion sensing technology. Sounds like we both know a good bit about things that would not necessarily work for border security. Let me ask you this:
What frequency would you use to detect the following?:
Tunneling under the wall (keeping in mind all means of tunneling)
Clumsily banging a ladder up against the wall
Lightly resting a ladder up against the wall
Wrapping the top of the ladder with towels and lightly resting it against the wall
Throwing a hook over the wall and climbing it
Taking your sweet ass time building some 10' stairs at various distances from the wall, carrying the stairs over to the wall and jumping over

Are you telling me that with all the variables covered above, there is not a single thing that could cause a false alarm AND that all of the above would set it off enough to be effective? I know I've asked this before, but that sounds like some pretty serious technology. Not your run-of-the-mill "someone broke my window" sensor. Could get expensive.

Jezter13 wrote:Cameras do not work. We have an endless supply of police records that prove cameras do not stop crime.

Cameras provide increased security, which is why everyone uses them.

Jezter13 wrote:"The path of least resistance" yeah, that invoke camera fear. Lmao.

I doubt many people are afraid of cameras or walls.

Jezter13 wrote:Walls are near 100% effective. Cameras will do what? Nothing. It'll just give us evidence of crossings and potentially the totals.

Which way do you think the cameras would be facing? The US side? :crazy The point of cameras is to detect people approaching the wall so border security can be there to deter them or nab them when they come over. It also vastly improves the area covered, exactly what you claim vibration/noise sensors would do. I could be wrong, but I'm guessing there's a reason people use cameras over vibration/noise sensors at a rate of 100,000 to 1 (I'm guessing, of course).

PLEASE REMEMBER: I am not, nor was I ever, saying we should use cameras alone. That would be retarded. Walls PLUS detection. Look at all your anti-camera arguments. Now imagine how much LESS effective they would be if they were vibration/noise sensors. Is that going to stop someone from robbing the liquor store? The argument here (again) is walls + cameras vs walls +vibration/noise sensors. We're not really having a conversation if you continue to remove the wall from my side of the debate.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion