Miami Hurricanes

Re: Shut down prediction thread

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 30th, 2019, 1:37 am

Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » January 30th, 2019, 12:30 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:Jez (and others), thoughts?

http://www.unz.com/runz/immigration-bui ... nic-crime/

I don't give them my web traffic clicks.

They are a lefty activist site that loves to bray that they hate identity politics but all of their articles are based solely on it.

If I'm to guess, having read previous by him, it's all about how anyone right of extreme left is wrong about immigration and how he's the only one to ever get it right.

If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll read it.

Another thing he ince tried to state was whites commit more crimes and when people attempted to correct him using a per capita reasoning he refused to change his stance since he couldn't grasp the concept.

If I'm wrong, tell me.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 30th, 2019, 2:36 pm

Jezter13 wrote:I don't give them my web traffic clicks.

They are a lefty activist site that loves to bray that they hate identity politics but all of their articles are based solely on it.

It's nowhere near a lefty site. Contributors include left-wing writers, such as Patrick Cockburn, Norman Finkelstein, Diane Johnstone, and James Petras (largely republished from CounterPunch), right-wing bloggers such as Pat Buchanan, Paul Gottfried, Steve Sailer and John Derbyshire, and libertarians writers such as Ron Paul, Andrew Napolitano, Ilana Mercer, and Philip Giraldi. (Wiki)

Jezter13 wrote:If I'm to guess, having read previous by him, it's all about how anyone right of extreme left is wrong about immigration and how he's the only one to ever get it right.

If I'm wrong, let me know and I'll read it.

He's a Republican. He ran for office as a Republican. He is called "alt-right" by some.

He is, at times, about as condescending as you. I'll give you that. ;)

Jezter13 wrote:Another thing he ince tried to state was whites commit more crimes and when people attempted to correct him using a per capita reasoning he refused to change his stance since he couldn't grasp the concept.

If I'm wrong, tell me.

Funny you mention that. From the article I linked:
(all per capita)
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
[ img ]
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » January 30th, 2019, 2:55 pm

2 & 3.... is that weird?
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 30th, 2019, 3:21 pm

JdPat04 wrote:2 & 3.... is that weird?

His explanation is below. TL; DR - Caribbean Hispanics commit more crime.

"Furthermore, contrary to official bureaucratic categories, Hispanics are hardly a monolithic ethnic group and actually exhibit large variations in their cultural traditions based on country of origin. The very low Hispanic imprisonment rate in Florida may reflect the considerable economic and social success of the Cuban community centered there. Another set of obvious outliers are the states of the Northeast, primarily the New York/New England region, in which relative Hispanic imprisonment rates generally run two to three times higher than the national Hispanic average, as shown in Chart 2. These exceptionally high Hispanic incarceration rates probably reflect the considerable social and economic difficulties long experienced by the large Puerto Rican and Dominican communities that have settled in that region...The high incarceration rate for these Caribbean Hispanics may partially explain general perceptions of Hispanic crime rates."
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » January 30th, 2019, 3:30 pm

:up
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Jezter13 » January 30th, 2019, 4:24 pm

Maybe it's due to the political board i typically post on but every time a couple of individuals post links from there it's like reading Occasional Cortex all the time.

I'm no more condescending than the other posters here. I tried to be nicer at first but that got me nowhere here.

One thing i absolutely hate when people try to use flat demographic numbers is they refuse to include the percentage of people that demographic entails.

I looked at the charts posted and while it would seem Hispanic crime is on par with white, they are less than 20% of the total populous which would mean their rate of crime is significantly higher.

Either way, a border isn't a bad thing. It should not be funded via taxes as i don't believe in taxation without represention.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Jezter13 » January 30th, 2019, 4:25 pm

And speaking of that. I don't know if you have ever read this but its a great dissertation on taxes. Specifically direct and indirect and how they kill the people.

It's written in 1947

https://mises.org/library/taxation-robbery
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby ericberry14 » January 30th, 2019, 4:45 pm

Lol @ occasional cortex. SAVAGE NATION!
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 30th, 2019, 4:59 pm

Jezter13 wrote:Maybe it's due to the political board i typically post on but every time a couple of individuals post links from there it's like reading Occasional Cortex all the time.

Which board is this?

Jezter13 wrote:I'm no more condescending than the other posters here.

Probably true.

Jezter13 wrote:I tried to be nicer at first but that got me nowhere here.

It will with me. :D

Jezter13 wrote:One thing i absolutely hate when people try to use flat demographic numbers is they refuse to include the percentage of people that demographic entails.

Agreed, that's retarded. But if I've learned anything about statistics, it's that people will twist them any way they can.

Jezter13 wrote:I looked at the charts posted and while it would seem Hispanic crime is on par with white, they are less than 20% of the total populous which would mean their rate of crime is significantly higher.

I believe the methodology used is "crime rate per 100,000 hispanics" vs "crime rate per 100,000 whites" vs "crime rate per 100,000 blacks". Should be accurate. Another thing he notes is that immigrants tend to be younger and that younger people commit more crime.

Jezter13 wrote:Either way, a border isn't a bad thing. It should not be funded via taxes as i don't believe in taxation without represention.

It's not bad, but it would only fix a sliver of the problem. People overstaying visas is a bigger problem. And we need to streamline immigration so that a much higher % of immigrants are skilled workers. Over 50% of businesses cannot find skilled labor, but only 20% have trouble finding unskilled labor.

How does the government pay for the wall if not by taxes?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » January 30th, 2019, 5:28 pm

This board, like this one, was birthed when espn decided to rid themselves of the people.

It's namely a jets and guppies group of posters but it's pretty active and some interesting personas, as any would expect.

http://www.fieldchatter.com/forum/Forum-Politics

BigBlueBazooka signed up ahwile ago and he drops in ever so often. I use my same name there. If you decide to, or anyone does, sign up you can use me as a reference. Back in the beginning it was like thar to jump aboard i don't know if it's the same now.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » January 30th, 2019, 5:29 pm

Jezter13 wrote:And speaking of that. I don't know if you have ever read this but its a great dissertation on taxes. Specifically direct and indirect and how they kill the people.

It's written in 1947

Oh, I've probably read everything ever posted on Mises. I'll read it again though.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » January 30th, 2019, 6:36 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Jezter13 wrote:And speaking of that. I don't know if you have ever read this but its a great dissertation on taxes. Specifically direct and indirect and how they kill the people.

It's written in 1947

Oh, I've probably read everything ever posted on Mises. I'll read it again though.

If it were up to me, I'd do it like we have always built this nation prior to the "new deal"

Propose the project for need and allow private companies the opportunity to put up the funding for it and in turn they can collect tolls to receive money back and of course, if it was approved during a federal vote after Congress spoke about it and put it as such, the states can excise a simple number to help fund it up front to procure materials.

I believe that adding new ports of entry and exit would help with the funneling of traffic and these new additions, as well as updating the existing and turning them over to private industry, will be tolled in both directions.

The states that are bordered, in turn, can add small taxes to whatever they like, or if federally approved and concurred by a vote, a small tax can be afforded to help cover costs for vehicle inspections and to also create new immigration stations that can help with obtaining visas and or potential status changes etc.

I knowthat visas being overstayed is a major issue with immigration but the type of person, and yes I know that the argument can easily be they are criminals by act, that does is typically one that wants to be a viable part of society and positively. The vast majority of the southern border crossings have no future beyond menial jobs. And those jobs would better be taken by locals. It would automatically raise the pay rate if we didn't enforce the concept of migrants working fields etc.

This is the lifeblood of welfare. A lot dont realise that concept but whatever.

It all starts with enforcing the border, forcing all companies in the country to participate in an e-verify system, limit the h1b system and punish companies that fire tenured high paying employees to replace with these people.etc.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » June 3rd, 2020, 4:30 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:PEOPLE. WILL. DIE. :scared :surrender

Agreed. A black police officer was just killed by an illegal and BLM says nothing. Sad.

I haven't heard a peep out of BLM in a while. I imagine they will remain in hibernation until 2020.

Called it. :yes
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » June 3rd, 2020, 8:51 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:PEOPLE. WILL. DIE. :scared :surrender

Agreed. A black police officer was just killed by an illegal and BLM says nothing. Sad.

I haven't heard a peep out of BLM in a while. I imagine they will remain in hibernation until 2020.

Called it. :yes

And the senate just started holding hearings about Obamagate. :thought
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Previous

Return to General Discussion