Must be nice!

Moderator: JdPat04

Must be nice!

Postby FSUKW » December 5th, 2018, 12:52 am

National Day of Mourning for President George H. W. Bush; Federal Government Closure on Wednesday, December 5, 2018

As the Nation mourns the loss of President George H. W. Bush, President Trump has taken official action to allow Federal employees to join their fellow citizens in remembering our forty-first President of the United States. The President has issued an Executive order to close Federal offices and excuse all Federal employees from duty for the scheduled workday on Wednesday, December 5, 2018, except those who, in the judgment of the head of the agency, cannot be excused for reasons of national security, defense, or other essential public business.

For pay and leave purposes, this period of time will be treated as falling within the scope of statutes and Executive orders governing holidays. Most employees who are excused from duty as a result of the President's Executive order will receive the basic pay they would have received if no Executive order had been issued. An employee who was previously scheduled to take annual leave on December 5, 2018, will not be charged annual leave (or any other form of paid leave, compensatory time off, or credit hours) for that day. (This policy does not apply to employees who receive annual premium pay for standby duty under 5 U.S.C. 5545(c)(1) or to firefighters who are covered by the special pay provisions of 5 U.S.C. 5545b.)

A8. An employee who performs any work during his or her regularly scheduled basic (i.e., nonovertime) tour of duty on the National Day of Mourning for President George H. W. Bush (or an applicable in-lieu-of holiday) generally receives holiday premium pay under 5 U.S.C. 5546(b) in addition to his or her regular pay. Employees assigned to work on December 5th during their regularly scheduled tour of duty are entitled to a minimum of 2 hours of holiday premium pay.

I don't get off. I also don't get "Holiday Premium Pay".

We broke, but let's give every govt employee off and pay double time for the ones who have to work. Tax payer money!

My sister works on an Air Force Base in Civil Service. My mom told me about this last night and I said "that's bullshit". She was quiet the rest of the call. All 3 minutes of it.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Return to General Discussion