Today's parenting (story)!

Moderator: JdPat04

Today's parenting (story)!

Postby FSUKW » October 1st, 2018, 3:57 pm

Our neighborhood has 1280 homes. We have a HOA website and FB page for misc notifications (or as I like to call it, homeowner whining).

A lady came on to tell a story about her 10 year old son who was outside "bouncing acorns off the sidewalk" when a car drove by and an acorn "accidentally hit the car". The guy stopped and yelled at the kid. The kid ran inside crying and the car left.

The post on FB (after explaining it was harmless and the acorn simply bounced the wrong way.....LOL) was to advise us parents that we should not approach, talk to little kids nor encourage them to talk to strangers. She had to explain to her son what the guy in the car did wrong. :facepalm

Enter FSUKW with truth bomb. I advised if any kid hit my car, I am stopping every time no matter if intentional or accidental. I went on to tell a similar story about some kids who threw rocks at my car about 3 years ago and I stopped and yelled at them scaring them in the process. She replied that she did not ask my opinion and did not care if I agreed or disagreed with her. I then explained that I did not need her permission to reply and did not care if she agreed with me.

Enter her husband. He defended his son and called him a "gentle soul who would never harm a fly" and said "you do not want me to scare you". I replied, I assure you I am stopping the car every time in that circumstance no matter who is standing in the yard.

Enter another resident who sided with me and said if the man did not know what happened, why would he not stop and get to the bottom of it. He told a story about kids throwing snow balls at his car and breaking the windshield when he lived in NY. The wife replied in an F-Bomb laced retort. As did the husband. The guy replied, you can deal with me or you can deal with the cops.

The best part: The husband PM's me and said "you are a fucking terd".

I am laughing so hard:

1) no way that little fuck was just "bouncing acorns off the sidewalk".
2) Gentle Soul = hilarious from two hostile parents.
3) I had tons of likes.
4) Parents blaming every one other then their own. Ran in crying. Had to explain what the man did wrong..... :ROFL2
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Re: Today's parenting (story)!

Postby Muck FcDisney » October 1st, 2018, 4:12 pm

Welp, kid will never be SCOTUS now. :no

Story sounds like BS anyway, and if you're paying attention AT ALL, no way you "accidentally" hit a car with an acorn.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » October 1st, 2018, 4:31 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:Welp, kid will never be SCOTUS now. :no

Story sounds like BS anyway, and if you're paying attention AT ALL, no way you "accidentally" hit a car with an acorn.

BS on the entire story? This really happened.

but yes, that was my take. The sidewalk runs parallel to the road. LOL Not to mention, the distance from sidewalk to street is at least 10 to 15 feet away. Drop an acorn and see how far it bounces.... :ROFL2

Just like his belligerent parents, he was throwing them at cars and got called out.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » October 1st, 2018, 5:29 pm

1280 house!? Holy fuck.

Side note. When we were 10-12 we would bomb crab apples from like 100 or so feet away into the road to watch them blow up and watch cars run over them after. We were intentionally throwing them at the road. Not once did we ever hit a car
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » October 1st, 2018, 5:36 pm

We moved from a huge ass neighborhood to one with like 100-150 homes.

We live at the front now. Have a problem with speeding from teenagers who live in the back and their friends, some adults, and delivery drivers. Actually almost got in a fight with a fed ex driver when I motioned him to slow down on his way out and he slammed on his brakes and started screaming and cussing. Point was we they have a Facebook page and I got on there and started calling the cars out for it. Few people got pissed but told them I didn’t care about their feelings. We have kids, a daycare, and every neighbor has kids. Told them I’d post recordings, and if that didn’t stop then I’d stop them myself and have recordings and turn it into the cops.

They shut the fuck up and speeding has decreased. Still some of them like to do it in off hours. The Fed ex driver doesn’t speed anymore. After he left I called the office and reported him, told them I wasn’t demanding he be fired but he needs to be put in his place about driving safe.

Then they got on there and tried to delve into policits just last week. Someone shared a thing to go protest a school board member who supported Kavanaugh on Twitter. I spoke up and pissed people off saying you have to have proof.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » October 1st, 2018, 5:39 pm

FSUKW wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:Welp, kid will never be SCOTUS now. :no

BS on the entire story? This really happened.

but yes, that was my take. The sidewalk runs parallel to the road. LOL Not to mention, the distance from sidewalk to street is at least 10 to 15 feet away. Drop an acorn and see how far it bounces.... :ROFL2

Just like his belligerent parents, he was throwing them at cars and got called out.

I meant kid's story was bs.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » October 1st, 2018, 5:42 pm

JdPat04 wrote:We moved from a huge ass neighborhood to one with like 100-150 homes.

We live at the front now. Have a problem with speeding from teenagers who live in the back and their friends, some adults, and delivery drivers. Actually almost got in a fight with a fed ex driver when I motioned him to slow down on his way out and he slammed on his brakes and started screaming and cussing. Point was we they have a Facebook page and I got on there and started calling the cars out for it. Few people got pissed but told them I didn’t care about their feelings. We have kids, a daycare, and every neighbor has kids. Told them I’d post recordings, and if that didn’t stop then I’d stop them myself and have recordings and turn it into the cops.

They shut the fuck up and speeding has decreased. Still some of them like to do it in off hours. The Fed ex driver doesn’t speed anymore. After he left I called the office and reported him, told them I wasn’t demanding he be fired but he needs to be put in his place about driving safe.

Then they got on there and tried to delve into policits just last week. Someone shared a thing to go protest a school board member who supported Kavanaugh on Twitter. I spoke up and pissed people off saying you have to have proof.

Yep-

Things routinely brought up:

-traffic/speeding
-we have a school in our neighborhood and there are daily rants about the school and parking
-cable service
-the community owned landscaping services

It is hilarious. I only go there to troll. I always point out the contrary to peoples arguments. I need to grow up.

I motion for people to slow down all the time.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » October 1st, 2018, 5:45 pm

God how funny would it be to see a fedex driver beat the shit out JD on YouTube :ROFL2
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FSUKW » October 1st, 2018, 5:47 pm

ericberry14 wrote:1280 house!? Holy fuck.

Side note. When we were 10-12 we would bomb crab apples from like 100 or so feet away into the road to watch them blow up and watch cars run over them after. We were intentionally throwing them at the road. Not once did we ever hit a car

We used to shoot canoes with a BB gun from the woods while people were rowing down the river at a friends house. We got busted one time. I will never forget how scared I was. (we never hit people, just the side of the canoe) It was so loud.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » October 1st, 2018, 5:53 pm

That reminds me of jackass when Johnny Knoxville would blow the air horn when people were playing golf. That was soooo funny. Probably a little less dangerous though ha
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby JdPat04 » October 1st, 2018, 6:05 pm

ericberry14 wrote:God how funny would it be to see a fedex driver beat the shit out JD on YouTube :ROFL2

Maybe. Maybe he’d lose. Never have had to fight, so I don’t know how I’d do.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby JdPat04 » October 1st, 2018, 6:05 pm

ericberry14 wrote:God how funny would it be to see a fedex driver beat the shit out JD on YouTube :ROFL2

Maybe. Maybe he’d lose. Never have had to fight, so I don’t know how I’d do.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FSUKW » October 2nd, 2018, 1:54 pm

sellular1 wrote:Nobody bounces or plays with acorns. They throw them at shit.

Yep...... :2thumbs
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Return to General Discussion