Trying not to laugh at these idiots

Moderator: JdPat04

Trying not to laugh at these idiots

Postby bigbluebazooka » February 10th, 2018, 9:01 pm

Spoiler:
Tanner Broadwell, 26, and Nikki Walsh, 24, from Colorado, sold everything they had to buy the vessel that would given them an adventure they would never forget.

But it became immemorable for the wrong reasons when their craft tipped over off the coast of Florida when it struck a foreign object.

They lost everything in just 20 minutes when the houseboat sank along John's Pass, near Tampa, after the keel had been ripped from the base of the boat.

Tanner and Nikki were forced to jump overboard and were left with just $90 (£65) to their name as well as their two-year-old Pug named Remy.

And they face forking out up to $10,000 (£7,200) to get the vessel, which had no insurance, out of the water.

Now they have no jobs, no savings and nowhere to go, the Tampa Bay Times reported.

"I sold everything I had to do this," Tanner said, "and I lost everything in a matter of 20 minutes."

The couple had sold all their worldly goods last year after making the decision to sail around the world.

Tanner and Nikki forked out $5,000 for the 28-foot-long sailboat they named Lagniappe, and the same again to fix it up.

They set about with their plans because they were sick of their jobs.

"We got so tired of that lifestyle," Tanner said, "of doing things to make people do the things they don’t want to do."

The pair, who initially had no sailing experience, got busy doing up the boat and on Tuesday set sail from Tarpon Springs in Florida for their adventure.

"Everybody gave us a nice farewell off the docks."

The next day they passed by Clearwater Beach and made their way to John’s Pass to dock for the night.

Then everything went wrong when their boat capsized after navigating a channel of water in the dock.

Tanner and Nikki were rescued from the sea but their boat Lagniappi will never sail again, they were told.

But the couple have vowed to set sail on another adventure again in the future.

"I’m not going to give up now," Broadwell said. "I’m going to get another boat down the road."

"We can’t just give up on our dreams," Walsh said.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-new ... l-12002547
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Re: Trying not to laugh at these idiots

Postby frazier9495 » February 11th, 2018, 3:12 am

:biglol
frazier9495

Team Logo:
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Postby CraigKressel » February 11th, 2018, 4:25 pm

She should leave him for a guy with money.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Citronauts_Knights » February 11th, 2018, 4:50 pm

I can respect them for taking a chance and not just accepting being a "worker bee", but they also went about this all wrong. If you're going to sail around the world... you should probably learn how to sail, first.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » February 11th, 2018, 6:09 pm

Citronauts_Knights wrote:I can respect them for taking a chance and not just accepting being a "worker bee", but they also went about this all wrong. If you're going to sail around the world... you should probably learn how to sail, first.

This.

But maybe have a backup plan / emergency money.

And they're probably lucky they didn't make it to the open ocean. The sea don't fuck around.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby gatrnation1 » February 23rd, 2018, 3:23 am

These fucking retards, no experience, really don't know their boat, going into an unfamiliar cannel at night is stupid. They should have realized when passing Clearwater they should have anchored in day light. I've gone through that pass a dozen times and the current can be strong, plus the shoaling on the North side is bad which is where they were. Ironic thing is they didn't want to be tied down to jobs is why they left, but have no problem asking working people to help fund their salvage.
gatrnation1

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Return to General Discussion