Meanwhile at Flop State U

Moderator: JdPat04

Meanwhile at Flop State U

Postby bigbluebazooka » January 18th, 2018, 12:55 am

White people :facepalm

Spoiler:
TALLAHASSEE, Fla. (WTXL) - Tallahassee Police have announced that nine people will be charged in the death of Florida State University fraternity pledge Andrew Coffey.

According to TPD, after reviewing all of the evidence and in consultation of the State Attorney's Office, investigators developed probable cause for the following nine people, all between the ages of 20 and 22, in the death of Coffey:

Luke E. Kluttz
Clayton M. Muehlstein
Brett A. Birmingham
Conner R. Ravelo
Christopher M. Hamlin
Anthony Petagine
Anthony J. Oppenheimer
John B. Ray
Kyle J. Bauer
TPD says Honorable Judge Stephen Everett signed off on all nine arrest warrants on Jan. 16, for the charge of “College Hazing-Cause Injury or Death.”

According to Lt. Grady Jordan with the Leon County Sheriff's Office, all nine have turned themselves in. At least two of the nine have bonded out.

“This collaborative investigation was critical to finding answers for Andrew Coffey’s family and our community," said Tallahassee Police Chief Michael J. DeLeo. "Hopefully, this investigation and its outcome will prevent another tragedy from occurring.”

On Nov. 3, 2017, Coffey, 20, a junior, was found at an off-campus house following a night of partying, according to police. Investigators say he died from alcohol poisoning.

Investigators say that the party was known as "big-little" or "big brother" night that was "traditionally known for excessive alcohol consumption and revelry."

They completed dozens of interviews with witnesses, pledges and fraternity members about the party, learning that there was an expectation for "littles" (pledges) to drink the entire "family bottle."

While interviewees said that pledges were not physically forced to drink, investigators believe the pressure from leaders and fraternity members "led to an expectation of abusive drinking or the pledges could face possible ostracism by the group."

Investigators learned that Coffey had been drinking a bottle of Wild Turkey 101 bourbon, provided to him by his "big", before passing out. His "big" and two other frat members then carried Coffey to a couch where they left him "snoring loudly."

It wasn't until several hours later that Coffey was found dead. Autopsy results showed his blood alcohol level was nearly seven times the legal limit for driving.

As a result of the investigation, police found probable cause to charge the nine Pi Kappa Phi members, saying that they encouraged the excessive consumption of alcohol at the party, resulting in Coffey's death.

Eight of the members charged were part of the chapter's executive council: Petagine, the chapter's president, Ray, the vice president, Oppenheimer, the treasurer, Muehlstein, the secretary, Kluttz, the warden, Bauer, a pledge master, Birmingham, a marshal, and Hamlin, also a marshal.

Ravelo, Coffey's "big," was also charged. You can find the full affidavit here.

In response to Coffey's death, FSU indefinitely suspended all fraternities and sororities three days later and Pi Kappa Phi's national office closed the FSU chapter.

In December, a Leon County grand jury found evidence for criminal charges but left the decision about filing criminal charges to a future grand jury or the state attorney's office.

FSU President John Thrasher issued a statement on the hazing charges in the case:

“These arrest warrants strengthen our resolve to address the issue of responsible student behavior at Florida State University for the benefit, safety and well-being of our students and the community. Florida State does not tolerate hazing, and we are committed to continuing to combat all unsafe and dangerous practices and behaviors on our campus.

The indefinite suspension of Greek Life activities remains in place, and we continue to mourn Andrew Coffey’s loss. As we direct our efforts toward fostering a safer, healthier environment for all of our students, we also acknowledge the Coffey family’s terrible loss. We understand and share the concerns the Coffeys expressed to the grand jury in December about student indifference, reckless conduct and irresponsibility.

These arrests are the first step in seeking justice for Andrew and his loved ones, and they will inform us on where we need to place our focus as we proceed. Vice President Amy Hecht continues to work with our student groups in an effort to prevent further tragedy.

The grand juries have been very helpful to our work, and we appreciate the State Attorney’s efforts. Clearly, he is taking this matter just as seriously as we are. We hope all members and alumni of our Greek organizations are paying attention.”

http://www.wtxl.com/news/leaders-of-fsu ... e1338.html
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Re: Meanwhile at Flop State U

Postby FSUKW » January 18th, 2018, 1:26 am

I get the hatred for the Noles, but this is kind of classless - as the subject line goes.

Sad, but Frat boys drinking and hazing is not new nor it is only done at FSU. I know I can find articles about Miami (very quickly).

I feel for the parents.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » January 18th, 2018, 1:35 am

FSUKW wrote:I get the hatred for the Noles, but this is kind of classless - as the subject line goes.

Sad, but Frat boys drinking and hazing is not new nor it is only done at FSU. I know I can find articles about Miami (very quickly).

I feel for the parents.

Liberal alert
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FSUKW » January 18th, 2018, 2:22 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
FSUKW wrote:I get the hatred for the Noles, but this is kind of classless - as the subject line goes.

I feel for the parents.

Liberal alert

Why is that "your go to". I am nowhere close to a liberal. That's just dumb. I find the subject title in poor taste but it's par for the course.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby mrfree » January 18th, 2018, 2:45 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:

I feel for the parents.

Liberal alert

Fsu can do no wrong blue
mrfree

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby JdPat04 » January 18th, 2018, 3:31 am

Fucking crackers :facepalm
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Jezter13 » January 18th, 2018, 3:43 am

I feel for the parents.

Yout boy Fespn would be creating 2000 different posts/threads if tbis sad UM.

I believe it was you, could be wrong, about 6 years ago that gave yoh the run down of Fisher on the CANES board. You disagreed. Hows that tasting?

Fsu, which i respect, has a garbage campus and even worse security system for its students. Ask the woman raped by Winston and theengths they went to cover it and the term "cleat chaser" by the dumb fans to protect him.

I know women from the spirit team that were raped back in the day. I was fhere when Kearse walked jp to your campuse and fucked up your dirt bag WR that was a rapist.

Regardless, good job with your moral equivocation mentality.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FSUKW » January 18th, 2018, 4:04 am

Jezter13 wrote:

I feel for the parents.

Yout boy Fespn would be creating 2000 different posts/threads if tbis sad UM.

I believe it was you, could be wrong, about 6 years ago that gave yoh the run down of Fisher on the CANES board. You disagreed. Hows that tasting?

Fsu, which i respect, has a garbage campus and even worse security system for its students. Ask the woman raped by Winston and theengths they went to cover it and the term "cleat chaser" by the dumb fans to protect him.

I know women from the spirit team that were raped back in the day. I was fhere when Kearse walked jp to your campuse and fucked up your dirt bag WR that was a rapist.

Regardless, good job with your moral equivocation mentality.

I wasn't on the canes board 6 years ago and I'm not on there now. You don't know me so don't pretend to. Stick to your rival fueled stupidity. It seems to work for every other idiot Cane fan I know. You idiots bring up Winston every time. So predictable and hilarious you think it lends to your credibility by referring to it constantly.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » January 18th, 2018, 4:27 am

http://www.themiamihurricane.com/2015/1 ... pus-crime/

Wow, crime on a college campus. What are the odds?

What's next, fraternity parties?
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » January 18th, 2018, 4:58 am

Miami, FL is

-Most Miserable City (Forbes, 2012)

-Worst City (24/7 Wall Street, 2016)

1. Miami, Florida

Population: 430,341

Median home value: $245,000

Poverty rate: 26.2%

Pct. with at least a bachelor's degree: 23.6%

No city in the United States is worse to live in than Miami. The city's median home value of $245,000 is well above the national median of $181,200. However, with a median household income of only $31,917 a year, well below the national median of $53,657, most of these homes are either out of reach or a financial burden on most Miami residents.

Like most of the worst cities to live in, more than one in every four people in Miami live in poverty. According to recently released research from the nonprofit think tank the Economic Policy Institute, the top 1% of earners in the Miami metro area make about $2 million annually, 45 times greater than the average income of the other 99% of earners. This earnings gap makes the metro area nearly the most unequal of any U.S. city. Citywide violence is closely associated with a range of negative social and economic outcomes, including incarceration, unstable employment, lower cognitive functioning among children, and anxiety. A disproportionately large portion of Miami residents likely experience some of these outcomes as the city's violent crime rate, at 1,060 incidents per 100,000 people, is several times higher than the national rate.

Miami, FL is officially worse than Detroit, MI.

These aren't even FSU fans saying this: it's fucking Forbes. :biglol
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Jezter13 » January 18th, 2018, 5:07 am

LMAO.

I agree that Mia, the city, is a shit hole. That's not my argument. That's your weak sauce.

I'm referring to protecting it's kids. The actual campus and it's students aren't the problem as it is at fsu.

Defensive deflection is great.
Jezter13

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » January 18th, 2018, 5:31 am

Jezter13 wrote:LMAO.

I agree that Mia, the city, is a shit hole. That's not my argument. That's your weak sauce.

I'm referring to protecting it's kids. The actual campus and it's students aren't the problem as it is at fsu.

I wasn't responding to you. I was responding to the OP. Somehow a dumbass drinking himself to death is horrible (Darwinism, IMO, peer-pressured or not). I think drug-abusers kill themselves quite often.

But thanks for confirming I'm in your head. It wasn't obvious enough already. :dog
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » January 18th, 2018, 9:24 am

mrfree wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

I feel for the parents.

Liberal alert

Fsu can do no wrong blue

Just to funny how if you mention anything about FSU Grandpa Noles and the sammich maker act like this :adown

Spoiler:

10/6 is a long ways away. :dog
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby mrfree » January 18th, 2018, 11:38 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
mrfree wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

I feel for the parents.

Liberal alert

Fsu can do no wrong blue

Just to funny how if you mention anything about FSU Grandpa Noles and the sammich maker act like this :adown

Spoiler:

I dont even mention that school anymore and every thread they post in..They bring up Miami. Like Wtf lol
mrfree

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » January 18th, 2018, 11:47 am

mrfree wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
mrfree wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

I feel for the parents.

Liberal alert

Fsu can do no wrong blue

Spoiler:

I dont even mention that school anymore and every thread they post in..They bring up Miami. Like Wtf lol

Really. Who cares about a 5 win team who just hired a no name coach with a .500 record. Id rather talk about UCF or FAU.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby 08GatorBait » January 18th, 2018, 12:00 pm

I mean...it sucks but charging them with murder because of a drinking ritual? You know how many times in college I drank a ton and had friends do it as well just having fun. Feel it's a bit extreme.
08GatorBait

Team Logo:
Florida Gators

Postby JdPat04 » January 18th, 2018, 2:16 pm

08GatorBait wrote:I mean...it sucks but charging them with murder because of a drinking ritual? You know how many times in college I drank a ton and had friends do it as well just having fun. Feel it's a bit extreme.

Forcing them to drink is not just drinking
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FSUKW » January 18th, 2018, 2:17 pm

Jezter13 wrote:LMAO.

105 crimes in 105 days. Your amazing campus seems safe to me.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » January 18th, 2018, 2:19 pm

mrfree wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
mrfree wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

I feel for the parents.

Liberal alert

Fsu can do no wrong blue

Spoiler:

Should we point out you are saying this in a thread about FSU, started by a Hurricane fan?

:ROFL2
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » January 18th, 2018, 5:46 pm

bigbluebazooka wrote:
mrfree wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

I feel for the parents.

Liberal alert

Fsu can do no wrong blue

Spoiler:

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote::miami fans in this thread:
[ img ]

Damn, I'm in your head.
Quick, say "nigger dick!" :ROFL2
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Next

Return to General Discussion