So this happened in Wichita KS

Moderator: JdPat04

So this happened in Wichita KS

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 30th, 2017, 11:35 am

:crazy

http://www.kansas.com/news/local/crime/ ... 11974.html

Spoiler:
'Swatting' led to fatal shooting of Andrew Finch, police say
During a police briefing at City Hall on Friday afternoon, Deputy Police Chief Troy Livingston describes the events that led to the fatal shooting of Andrew Finch by a Wichita police officer.

Officers went to the 1000 block of McCormick, preparing for a hostage situation and they “got into position,” he said.

“A male came to the front door,” Livingston said. “As he came to the front door, one of our officers discharged his weapon.”

Livingston didn’t say if the man, who was 28, had a weapon when he came to the door, or what caused the officer to shoot the man. Police don’t think the man fired at officers, but the incident is still under investigation, he said. The man, who has not been identified by police, died at a local hospital.

A family member identified that man who was shot by police as Andrew Finch. One of Finch’s cousins said Finch didn’t play video games.

“This call was little peculiar for us,” Livingston said. “(The call) went to a substation first, then it was relayed to dispatch, then dispatch gave it to us. We have a lot of information to go through.”

On Twitter, more than a dozen people who identified themselves as being in the gaming community told The Eagle that a feud between two Call of Duty players sparked one to initiate a “swatting” call.

After news began to spread about what happened Thursday night, the people in the gaming community, through Twitter posts, pointed at two gamers.

The Twitter account for a man who the online gaming community has said made the police swatting call has been suspended.

“I DIDNT GET ANYONE KILLED BECAUSE I DIDNT DISCHARGE A WEAPON AND BEING A SWAT MEMBER ISNT MY PROFESSION,” said one gamer, who others said made the swatting call. His account was suspended overnight.

According to posts on Twitter, two gamers were arguing when one threatened to target the other with a swatting call. The person who was the target of the swatting gave the other gamer a false address, which sent police to a nearby home instead of his own, according to Twitter posts.

The Twitter account for a man who the online gaming community has said made the police swatting call has been suspended.

The person who was to be the target of the swatting sent a Tweet saying, “Someone tried to swat me and got an innocent man killed.”

Livingston, the deputy police chief, would only provide the block number of the home where the shooting occurred, not the specific address. Police were seen in the front yards of two houses across from each other at the corner of Seneca and McCormick.

Dexerto, a online news service focused on gaming and the Call of Duty game, reported the argument began over a $1 or $2 wager over the game.

“Normally this is a prank, but due to the high stress situation, sometimes it is closer to a death threat from a user trying to get cops to kill them,” one man told The Eagle in an email.

The officer who fired the shot — a seven-year veteran of the police department — will be placed on administrative paid leave, which is department policy.

Police expect to release more information later Friday.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Re: So this happened in Wichita KS

Postby JdPat04 » December 30th, 2017, 3:01 pm

Yep, shits fucked up. Hope they fuck the people up who do that shit.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 30th, 2017, 3:35 pm

JdPat04 wrote:Yep, shits fucked up. Hope they fuck the people up who do that shit.

Should be first degree felony murder easily. I hope this fuckboy rots in prison or gets a lethal dose.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby ericberry14 » December 30th, 2017, 3:42 pm

1. What the fuck is swatting?
2. How big of pussies are most cops these days?
3. Are the cops dumber than they are scared?
4. What the fuck is swatting!? Fucking nerds
5. At least the murdering cop is still receiving a pay check.
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 30th, 2017, 4:14 pm

ericberry14 wrote:1. What the fuck is swatting?
2. How big of pussies are most cops these days?
3. Are the cops dumber than they are scared?
4. What the fuck is swatting!? Fucking nerds
5. At least the murdering cop is still receiving a pay check.

:biglol Did you even read the article?
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby ericberry14 » December 30th, 2017, 4:33 pm

Yeah I read the article. (Don’t think I skipped much) They talk about “swatting” as if we should all know what it is. I’m not a big enough nerd I guess. This shit is retarded from start to finish but the pussy cops shooting someone for answering their door is ridiculous
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby ericberry14 » December 30th, 2017, 4:36 pm

Ok I clicked the link and there are a few paragraphs that didn’t get copied to the text in the spoiler tag. Makes more sense now... still gay as fuck. Whoever called the cops should sit in prison with the pussy cop for life.
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Carr2Cooper » December 30th, 2017, 5:01 pm

All over a $2 bet on CoD

Cops needs to get fucked along with the bitch who called them
Carr2Cooper

Team Logo:
South Alabama Jaguars

Postby FSUKW » December 30th, 2017, 5:35 pm

Need more detail before I can pass judgement. Veteran cops generally don't shoot for no reason.

Any time you have to provide a "block" address, not going to end well..... :thought

Overall, I agree there are likely two sides at fault. Cop and whoever made the call.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Carr2Cooper » December 30th, 2017, 7:44 pm

FSUKW wrote:Need more detail before I can pass judgement. Veteran cops generally don't shoot for no reason.

Any time you have to provide a "block" address, not going to end well..... :thought

Overall, I agree there are likely two sides at fault. Cop and whoever made the call.

In one article the cops said they thought it was a hostage situation so when Finch opened the door they shot him :facepalm
Carr2Cooper

Team Logo:
South Alabama Jaguars

Postby FSUKW » December 30th, 2017, 8:27 pm

Carr2Cooper wrote:
FSUKW wrote:Need more detail before I can pass judgement. Veteran cops generally don't shoot for no reason.

In one article the cops said they thought it was a hostage situation so when Finch opened the door they shot him :facepalm

I'm saying, you don't just open a door and eat a bullet. Something bigger happened. More details will come out.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » December 30th, 2017, 10:24 pm

Piece of shit responsible so far. Was arrested by LAPD
[ img ]
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby JdPat04 » December 30th, 2017, 10:25 pm

Tyler Barriss has been known to, and has even bragged about, swatting people for a small fee. This week he got into a heated argument with another Call of Duty player before threatening to kill him. Once the other player gave him his address—which was to a nearby home that wasn't his—, Tyler sent in a 911 call saying that there was a hostage situation in the home, prompting a high level police response.

One of the police officers shot and killed a resident of the home when he opened the door, resulting in widespread news coverage.

Tyler has been vocal on Twitter since the event, pleading that he doesn't deserve the negative attention he's getting, and instead pointing the finger at the cop who shot 28 year old Andrew Finch when police arrived at his front door two nights ago.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby JdPat04 » December 30th, 2017, 10:27 pm

And 2 of his several tweets defending himself

"So then how about I just get the death sentence???????

For not killing someone.

Honestly think about how stupid some of you are

Will me serving ANY time justify someone dying? k. Thank u.
I didnt do shit but if you really think I did then I shall just get death sentence IMO
5:30 PM · Dec 29, 2017
19 Retweets
55 Likes"

&

"Hypothetically speaking

Let's say I just kill myself RIGHT now for the purpose of this getting through your guys heads.

Will justice have been served? Will the family stop mourning? Or do you then just begin to hate the cop for killing him, which is what some Fb users r doing
6:06 PM · Dec 29, 2017
56 Retweets
146 Likes"
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Return to General Discussion