TIREd of iPhones

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: TIREd of iPhones

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » September 18th, 2019, 5:43 pm

Fuck these shitty phones. Up the ass. Icloud sucks. Fuck the people that buy them. Fuck the inflated copycat prices because of it (Samsung, Google). Fuck a countdown timer going UP every minute instead of down. I hate working with these pieces of shit.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » September 19th, 2019, 10:26 pm

I’m currently on iPhone XS :dog :facepalm
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » September 19th, 2019, 11:23 pm

ericberry14 wrote:I’m currently on iPhone XS :dog :facepalm

lol. I hate the 10 line. They don't even have a home button. Turning them off is counter-intuitive. I think the 11 is the same with their no button/swipe only bullshit.
Android 10 is trying to be similar. Fuck swiping. Keep the damn buttons, even if they're only software buttons.

Get out of that toxic, money-vampire ecosystem. It's like a Venus flytrap. You have to buy everything Apple just to get them to run smoothly together. A big reason why they're still using Lightning ports is because Apple takes a cut of EVERY device/cable with a Lightning plug/port. That's also why it took them a long time to get wireless charging. Greediest company on Earth and Tim Cook is a huge fucking faggot. Not because he's gay, but because he's a fucking faggot.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » September 20th, 2019, 12:20 pm

ericberry14 wrote:I’m currently on iPhone XS :dog :facepalm

iPhone 6s here. Broke my plus over a year ago and I went backwards.
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » June 27th, 2022, 9:27 pm

Apple deleting people's files. The original post by James Pinkstone as of this writing is inaccessible. ( https://blog.vellumatlanta.com/2016/05/ ... seriously/ )
Spoiler:
James Pinkstone wrote:What Amber explained was exactly what I'd feared: through the Apple Music subscription, which I had, Apple now deletes files from its users' computers. When I signed up for Apple Music, iTunes evaluated my massive collection of Mp3s and WAV files, scanned Apple's database for what it considered matches, then removed the original files from my internal hard drive. REMOVED them. Deleted. If Apple Music saw a file it didn't recognize-which came up often, since I'm a freelance composer and have many music files that I created myself-it would then download it to Apple's database, delete it from my hard drive, and serve it back to me when I wanted to listen, just like it would with my other music files it had deleted.

For about ten years, I've been warning people, "hang onto your media. One day, you won't buy a movie. You'll buy the right to watch a movie, and that movie will be served to you. If the companies serving the movie don't want you to see it, or they want to change something, they will have the power to do so. They can alter history, and they can make you keep paying for things that you formerly could have bought. Information will be a utility rather than a possession. Even information that you yourself have created will require unending, recurring payments just to access."

Spoiler:
Jim Dalrymple wrote:Over the weekend, I turned off Apple Music and it took large chunks of my purchased music with it. Sadly, many of the songs were added from CDs years ago that I no longer have access to. Looking at my old iTunes Match library, before Apple Music, I'm missing about 4,700 songs. At this point, I just don't care anymore, I just want Apple Music off my devices.

Source: https://www.loopinsight.com/2015/07/22/ ... e-with-it/

SYDELL: iTunes does go into your computer, look for these matches.
[ . . . ]
If you decide you no longer want to pay that $10 a month for Apple Music, everything you downloaded from the music service will disappear because you didn't own it. You rented it.
[ . . . ]
But I would not say that Apple in any way would intentionally delete something on your computer.

SIMON: But, I mean, if a lot of unintentional deletions occur, it's the same thing, isn't it?

SYDELL: Well, (laughter) I suppose it is.

Source: https://www.npr.org/2016/05/14/47804046 ... ck-up-your

The software deleting the music is intentional. That's how it was designed. It just wasn't "supposed" to delete original or purchased music, etc.

I mean a similar thing happened to me when my Ipod was stolen and all my library was only available if I was using Itunes to view/listen to it. Thankfully I didn't have anywhere close to 4,700 songs and was able to burn several CDs to get all my music back without their DRM.

Google Play Music (GPM) had a "matching" system, but it never deleted files from the PC and the worst I saw from it was replacing explicit versions with clean ones. Then you had the option to tell GPM "No, I really want THIS file used." and they would back it up (not remove it). It's shameful that Google shut down such an exemplary music service. It's great that I learned my lesson by that time and had all my MP3s backed up. I didn't really use GPM as a streaming music player as much as a repo and local music player. Actually the desktop app was garbage, but the service was cool. Up to 50,000 songs stored for free.

I doubt I'll ever "stream" music more than watching a few Youtube videos. Amazon MP3 all the way.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Previous

Return to General Discussion