Fuck the NFL week 15

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Fuck the NFL week 15

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 20th, 2017, 9:31 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:That's not the rule though. If you're right in the middle of the EZ and have control of the ball for a split second and the lose the football, it's not automatically a TD. You have to complete the catch.

If you don't like the rule, fine. But that's the rule.

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:They don't know what a catch is.

I think they do. I think they also understand the rule requires them to maintain possession for a certain amount of time. Having the ball in both hands for a nanosecond should not constitute a catch.

And yes, I realize the PIT guy had it longer than that.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » December 20th, 2017, 9:37 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:That's not the rule though. If you're right in the middle of the EZ and have control of the ball for a split second and the lose the football, it's not automatically a TD. You have to complete the catch.

If you don't like the rule, fine. But that's the rule.

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:They don't know what a catch is.

I think they do. I think they also understand the rule requires them to maintain possession for a certain amount of time. Having the ball in both hands for a nanosecond should not constitute a catch.

And yes, I realize the PIT guy had it longer than that.

Who caught the ball? Because if it was the guy who scored the TD. the title of the video and play is a lie.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 20th, 2017, 9:54 pm

COMPLETED OR INTERCEPTED PASS
Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass. A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward
pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:
(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and
(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to
perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it,
advance with it, or avoid or ward off an opponent, etc.)
Note 1: It is not necessary that he commit such an act, provided that he maintains control of the ball long
enough to do so.
Note 2: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered a loss of
possession. He must lose control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession.
If the player loses the ball while simultaneously touching both feet or any part of his body other than his hands
to the ground, or if there is any doubt that the acts were simultaneous, it is not a catch.
Item 1: Player Going to the Ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or
without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting
the ground
, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches
the ground before he regains control, the pass is incomplete.
If he regains control prior to the ball touching
the ground, the pass is complete.

I don't know what else to tell you, man. :dunno
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » December 20th, 2017, 10:21 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:COMPLETED OR INTERCEPTED PASS
Article 3 Completed or Intercepted Pass. A player who makes a catch may advance the ball. A forward
pass is complete (by the offense) or intercepted (by the defense) if a player, who is inbounds:
(a) secures control of the ball in his hands or arms prior to the ball touching the ground; and
(b) touches the ground inbounds with both feet or with any part of his body other than his hands; and
(c) maintains control of the ball long enough, after (a) and (b) have been fulfilled, to enable him to
perform any act common to the game (i.e., maintaining control long enough to pitch it, pass it,
Note 1: It is not necessary that he commit such an act, provided that he maintains control of the ball long
enough to do so.
Note 2: If a player has control of the ball, a slight movement of the ball will not be considered a loss of
possession. He must lose control of the ball in order to rule that there has been a loss of possession.
If the player loses the ball while simultaneously touching both feet or any part of his body other than his hands
to the ground, or if there is any doubt that the acts were simultaneous, it is not a catch.
Item 1: Player Going to the Ground. If a player goes to the ground in the act of catching a pass (with or
without contact by an opponent), he must maintain control of the ball throughout the process of contacting
the ground
, whether in the field of play or the end zone. If he loses control of the ball, and the ball touches

So him lunging toward the goal line after catching it and maintaining possession in both hands enough to perform a lunge is not advancement?
In terms of a, b, and c, he caught the ball. If a, b, and c don't count with regards to "going to the ground," what constitutes the beginning of "going to the ground?" By those standards, technically a completed* pass can never result in a fumble so long as the receiver loses control while "going to the ground."
* would be ruled incomplete.

A catch is maintaining control of the ball with no part of the player touching out of bounds before or during the catch He controlled it with the ball over the goal line. The play was dead by the time he lost possession of the ball. I don't care whatever caveats the NFL does to justify their bullshit calls and overturns. Again, they don't know what a catch is.

If the hook and lateral I showed above was a catch and a lateral, so is the Steelers' TD. Otherwise a hook and lateral isn't a lateral but a deflection.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 20th, 2017, 10:45 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:COMPLETED OR INTERCEPTED PASS
enough to do so.
the ground

So him lunging toward the goal line after catching it and maintaining possession in both hands enough to perform a lunge is not advancement?
In terms of a, b, and c, he caught the ball. If a, b, and c don't count with regards to "going to the ground," what constitutes the beginning of "going to the ground?" By those standards, technically a completed* pass can never result in a fumble so long as the receiver loses control while "going to the ground."
* would be ruled incomplete.

A catch is maintaining control of the ball with no part of the player touching out of bounds before or during the catch He controlled it with the ball over the goal line. The play was dead by the time he lost possession of the ball. I don't care whatever caveats the NFL does to justify their bullshit calls and overturns. Again, they don't know what a catch is.

If the hook and lateral I showed above was a catch and a lateral, so is the Steelers' TD. Otherwise a hook and lateral isn't a lateral but a deflection.

Had he taken two or more steps, that would be one thing. He took no steps. He just twisted while falling to the ground. I would not consider twisting while falling in the direction you're already going to be advancement, no.

Remember that FSU-Miami play in... I don't know, 2009? FSU WR catches the ball, takes 2 or 3 steps in bounds, gets pushed, then takes 4 or 5 more steps out of bounds before falling to the ground. When he hit the ground, he lost the ball. THAT CALL was bullshit. This one, on the other hand, was not.*

* IN MY OPINION (I don't really care though)
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FuckESPNdotCOM » February 5th, 2018, 3:01 am

lol. The Philly catch was okay, but the Pitt catch wasn't. :dog
Good thing the refs got a call saying the NFL would go bankrupt if they called that an incompletion.
FuckESPNdotCOM

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Carr2Cooper » February 5th, 2018, 4:47 am

Ronald Darby, Timmy Jernigan, Patrick Robinson, and Nigel Bradham now have a Superbowl win :clap
Carr2Cooper

Team Logo:
South Alabama Jaguars

Postby ericberry14 » February 5th, 2018, 12:37 pm

Well Derek Barnett won that game for the eagles. Go vols
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » February 5th, 2018, 4:02 pm

FuckESPNdotCOM wrote:lol. The Philly catch was okay, but the Pitt catch wasn't. :dog
Good thing the refs got a call saying the NFL would go bankrupt if they called that an incompletion.

Well, 3 steps > 0 steps

Who cares? Fuck the Cheatriots! :rockin
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Previous

Return to General Discussion