Tax cuts

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Tax cuts

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 21st, 2017, 12:24 am

December 20th – Trumpnomics has already given America: 1) A 17-year low in both unemployment and black unemployment and the lowest Latino unemployment rate ever 2) Consistent GDP growth over 3% with expectations of 4th qtr. growth being near 4% 3) A booming stock market & 4) A majority of Americans now seeing the economy as “good” or “excellent” And now historic tax reform is in the bank! The bill lowers individual rates, doubles the standard deduction, the child tax credit and the estate tax exemption and abolishes the Obamacare mandate. But the biggest economic benefit is the slashing of corporate rates. With this nation finally on equal footing with the rest of the world more US companies will be coming home and hiring Americans! The result? A more competitive job market that will boost wages. Nonetheless Schumer predictably calls the bill “a disgrace” and Pelosi even more predictably says it will “ransack the middle class to reward the rich.” Bull! This is tax reform for Americans with a WORK ETHIC, and not for those who want to sponge off the sweat of others!

[ img ]
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 21st, 2017, 12:53 am

So Russia's maniacal plot was to supercharge the US economy and strengthen its military? :thought
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » December 21st, 2017, 1:06 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:So Russia's maniacal plot was to supercharge the US economy and strengthen its military? :thought

[ img ]
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby CraigKressel » December 21st, 2017, 1:13 am

It pisses me off that people without kids subsidize people with kids. Can we just end these tax breaks for having kids and just cut everyones taxes equally by that much.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Eye_of_Horus » December 21st, 2017, 11:50 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:So Russia's maniacal plot was to supercharge the US economy and strengthen its military? :thought

Thanks Obama!
Eye_of_Horus

Team Logo:
Ole Miss Rebels

Postby FSUKW » December 22nd, 2017, 12:47 am

CraigKressel wrote:It pisses me off that people without kids subsidize people with kids. Can we just end these tax breaks for having kids and just cut everyones taxes equally by that much.

Please be more specific in your rant. I have two kids. I do not qualify for the Child Tax Credit.

However, playing devils advocate. People with kids spend more in the economy and pay more into the sales tax system. Oh wait, I just made another point for a National Sales Tax system.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 22nd, 2017, 2:33 pm

FSUKW wrote:
CraigKressel wrote:It pisses me off that people without kids subsidize people with kids. Can we just end these tax breaks for having kids and just cut everyones taxes equally by that much.

Please be more specific in your rant. I have two kids. I do not qualify for the Child Tax Credit.

However, playing devils advocate. People with kids spend more in the economy and pay more into the sales tax system. Oh wait, I just made another point for a National Sales Tax system.

You might qualify now. While it currently phases out for couples making over $110,000, under the new law it will phase out for couples making over $400,000.

If you still don't qualify, congrats big pimpin'! :rockin

PS- when can I borrow the Lear?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » December 22nd, 2017, 3:36 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

You might qualify now. While it currently phases out for couples making over $110,000, under the new law it will phase out for couples making over $400,000.

:thought

Not sure if we will still qualify now!
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby Muck FcDisney » December 22nd, 2017, 3:50 pm

JdPat04 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Well, if you don't, you're making >$400,000, so you should be fine.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby JdPat04 » December 22nd, 2017, 3:57 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
JdPat04 wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Well, if you don't, you're making >$400,000, so you should be fine.

It'll be close for sure :banghead
JdPat04

Team Logo:
Alabama Crimson Tide

Postby FSUKW » December 22nd, 2017, 5:09 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
FSUKW wrote:

Thanks, I have not read a single thing about this new tax law other than what is on TSH.

I don't make 400K. I have the type of job that would allow me to, but I don't feel like working 100 hour work weeks to do more business to get there.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » December 22nd, 2017, 9:09 pm

FSUKW wrote:

Yes you did, you pay more for them and you should on a local level, but you pay less for them on a federal level.

Having a family requires more services from the federal government.

There is more than just the Child Tax Credit there is also claiming them as a dependent which gives you a tax break.

"If you have a family, you need to know how the IRS defines “dependents” for income tax purposes. Why? Because it could save you thousands of dollars on your taxes. For every qualified dependent you claim, you reduce your 2017 taxable income by $4,050. This can add up to substantial savings on your tax bill."

So if you are paying 25 percent in taxes for example you would save $1000 or so per kid without the child tax credit eligibility.

Imagine this as someone with kids can deduct your child's day care expenses, then get a child tax credit, then claim them as a dependent. Who the fuck is paying your taxes then if you have like 3 kids? Single people of course.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Carr2Cooper » December 23rd, 2017, 1:07 am

Germany workers are afraid of losing their jobs because of the tax cuts :biglol
Carr2Cooper

Team Logo:
South Alabama Jaguars

Previous

Return to General Discussion