Today in Charlottesville VA

Moderator: JdPat04

Today in Charlottesville VA

Postby bigbluebazooka » August 12th, 2017, 1:49 pm

Violence broke out Friday night as a large crowd of white nationalists marched through the University of Virginia (UVA) campus carrying tiki torches and chanting "you will not replace us."
The group marched ahead of a demonstration planned for Saturday to protest the removal of a statue of Confederate General Robert E. Lee. A federal judge issued a ruling Friday night allowing the Saturday rally to go forward.
Friday's march began around 10 p.m. at an intramural field and the crowd proceeded to a statue of Thomas Jefferson on the UVA campus. Jefferson founded the university in 1819.

White nationalists carry torches on the grounds of the University of Virginia, on the eve of a planned Unite The Right rally in Charlottesville, Virginia, on Aug. 11, 2017. Reuters
More than 100 alt-right activists, white nationalists and neo-Confederates chanted "white lives matter" as they faced off against counter-protesters at the statue, CBS affiliate WTVR-TV reports.
Police arrived on the scene and declared the assembly unlawful. Fights broke out between the two groups of demonstrators, with some marchers swinging their torches. Several people were injured and at least one was arrested, according to the Daily Progress, a newspaper in Charlottesville.

Teresa Sullivan, the president of UVA, denounced the march in a statement Friday night. 
"I am deeply saddened and disturbed by the hateful behavior displayed by torch-bearing protesters that marched on our Grounds this evening," she wrote. "The violence displayed on Grounds is intolerable and is entirely inconsistent with the University's values."
Charlottesville Mayor Mike Signer called the march "a cowardly parade of hatred, bigotry, racism, and intolerance march down the lawns of the architect of our Bill of Rights." 
"Not only as the Mayor of Charlottesville, but as a UVA faculty member and alumnus, I am beyond disgusted by this unsanctioned and despicable display of visual intimidation on a college campus," Signer, a Democrat, said in a statement. 
The white-nationalist protesters are in Charlottesville for the "Unite the Right" rally on Saturday, where officials expect between 2,000 to 6,000 people to attend the protest against the removal of the Lee statue from the city's Emancipation Park, according to the Daily Progress. More than 1,000 first responders officers will be on hand for the event, the Daily Progress reported.
The rally is being organized by Jason Kessler, a right-wing blogger. Kessler sued the city after officials said the rally must be moved from its planned location in the park. A federal judge sided with Kessler Friday night, ordering the city to allow the demonstration to go forward. The city said in a statement it would abide by the judge's order.

bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Re: Today in Charlottesville VA

Postby Muck FcDisney » August 12th, 2017, 2:42 pm

This was a bit disturbing. These people actually were nazis / white supremacists. As BLM and antifa have shown, this is not how you win support.

On the plus side, the more BLM/antifa/nazis are dead or in jail, the better off the rest of us will be.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » August 12th, 2017, 3:29 pm

It will be just a bunch of idiots walking around taking videos with their cell phones. :nancy
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » August 12th, 2017, 8:25 pm

Car ran into crowd killing 1 and injuring 19. :popcorn
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby bigbluebazooka » August 12th, 2017, 9:04 pm

bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Citronauts_Knights » August 13th, 2017, 12:38 am

False flag?
False flag!
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » August 13th, 2017, 2:09 am

Canes_Knights wrote:False flag?
False flag!

The driver, or protest in general?

Organizer is essentially a nazi. Driver is Republican (Ohio, you're not sending your best). I have heard that his car was being attacked by antifa when he gunned it.

Situation clear as mud, yet everyone jumping to conclusions. Was this kid (age 20) even attending the protests, or simply trying to pass through?

And wtf happened with the helicopter?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » August 13th, 2017, 10:24 am

CNN is calling this a terror attack. :facepalm

So it wasn't a terror attack when black people rioted and destroyed property?

All I see is a bunch of white people fighting with each other. Proceed. :popcorn
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby ericberry14 » August 13th, 2017, 11:15 am

Our country sucks
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Citronauts_Knights » August 13th, 2017, 12:31 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
Canes_Knights wrote:False flag?
False flag!

The driver, or protest in general?

Organizer is essentially a nazi. Driver is Republican (Ohio, you're not sending your best). I have heard that his car was being attacked by antifa when he gunned it.

Situation clear as mud, yet everyone jumping to conclusions. Was this kid (age 20) even attending the protests, or simply trying to pass through?

And wtf happened with the helicopter?

The driver was almost certainly part of the plan.

The protest may have been designed to smear the nationalist movement, but it's more likely that the reaction to it was the part that was part of the smear campaign. Despite having proper permits to have the rally, the police moved in on them, before the rally was over. In doing so, they forced them into where the Antifa fags were, which caused the violence. It's almost like the police and the leftist extremists were working together. And now, the media gets to doubledown on how evil white people are, and how evil the nationalist movement is, and of course blame Trump and Republicans. It's all a big spin job.

I'm not sure how the helicopter fits, but that part stinks as well.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Muck FcDisney » August 13th, 2017, 1:44 pm

Why did police allow both sides to show up in primitive riot gear? When protests happened in AL, cops wouldn't even let them wear masks. This one had masks, shields, batons, barricades, bear mace, homemade flamethrowers, you name it.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » August 13th, 2017, 2:12 pm

Also, when "your side" shows up wearing KKK garb and waving Nazi flags (no matter how new), they're not likely to get much sympathy.

I assume you're not suggesting both sides are Soros puppets.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » August 13th, 2017, 7:50 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:Also, when "your side" shows up wearing KKK garb and waving Nazi flags (no matter how new), they're not likely to get much sympathy.

:thought Who are these people and where did they come from?
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » August 14th, 2017, 12:04 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:Also, when "your side" shows up wearing KKK garb and waving Nazi flags (no matter how new), they're not likely to get much sympathy.

Antifa are likely Soros people. BLM, too. Also some UVA students.

On the other side, you have neo-nazis, KKK, white supremacists, white nationalists (eg. Spencer, arrested). These people have been around for a long time, of course, and this had nothing to do with Trump. But they also have nothing to do with Soros.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » August 14th, 2017, 12:09 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:CNN is calling this a terror attack. :facepalm

So it wasn't a terror attack when black people rioted and destroyed property?

All I see is a bunch of white people fighting with each other. Proceed. :popcorn

Driving a car into a crowd is taking a page right out of the ISIS playbook. It was politically charged. Terror attack.

No, that's rioting. Hell, they burned black-owned business to protest whitey.

Yeah, it was mostly white/white, but they have vastly different ideologies.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » August 14th, 2017, 1:10 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

On the other side, you have neo-nazis, KKK, white supremacists, white nationalists (eg. Spencer, arrested). These people have been around for a long time, of course, and this had nothing to do with Trump. But they also have nothing to do with Soros.

:thought Is Soros the only rich person who hates our country and Trump?
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Muck FcDisney » August 14th, 2017, 1:27 am

bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

Of course not, but what's your point? Do you think everyone there hated Trump? Do you think liberals bussed both groups in?
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » August 14th, 2017, 1:50 am

I must live in a hole. I have never been to a protest. I have never even heard of or seen a protest advertised. I could probably find a cocaine dealer before I would know where to look for a protest.

:thought
Last edited by FSUKW on August 14th, 2017, 2:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby bigbluebazooka » August 14th, 2017, 2:01 am

Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:
bigbluebazooka wrote:

Of course not, but what's your point? Do you think everyone there hated Trump? Do you think liberals bussed both groups in?

Could be easily played out by the swamp. Health care. Russia collusion. North Korea is their failure. Cant blame Trump for that and they know it. Perfect time for the libs "swamp" to send in the Klan. Lets devide the country and turn everyones attention. And accuse Trump of racism again.

Whats the going rate to get low income people to pussy fight like they did? I'm not buying this. Just like some of the looters who showed up last year in Charlotte.
bigbluebazooka

Team Logo:
Miami Hurricanes

Postby Citronauts_Knights » August 14th, 2017, 3:05 am

I am... it has been shown that Antifa and Media Matters and other Soros-related groups will disguise themselves as Trump supporters and then do things like this to try to smear the conservative movement, specifically Trump supporters.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Next

Return to General Discussion