Is the Earth flat?

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Is the Earth flat?

Postby FlatEarth » March 23rd, 2017, 2:59 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:Dont pictures from space prove other wise?

Sure, if you believe that CGI shit is real. Again, you just have to watch the videos and research this for yourself. ;)
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Carr2Cooper » March 23rd, 2017, 2:59 pm

3 things thay debunk flat earth

The coriolis effect
Moon orientation
Gravity
Carr2Cooper

Team Logo:
South Alabama Jaguars

Postby ericberry14 » March 23rd, 2017, 6:34 pm

Watch the 2nd audio clip. I started with much skepticism and for whatever reason ended up listening to the entire fucking hour. "Yeah they are photoshopped... because they have to be"
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby ericberry14 » March 23rd, 2017, 6:35 pm

I'd like for indepent amateur astronomers to start taking pictures of satellites or the ISS
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » March 23rd, 2017, 6:41 pm

Anyone that believes the earth is flat is fucking retarded. the gravity would be so distorted, if you stood in the middle of the disc you would be super light weight.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby ericberry14 » March 23rd, 2017, 6:43 pm

CraigKressel wrote:Anyone that believes the earth is flat is fucking retarded. the gravity would be so distorted, if you stood in the middle of the disc you would be super light weight.

Not if it wasn't designed that way
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby CraigKressel » March 23rd, 2017, 6:43 pm

ericberry14 wrote:I'd like for indepent amateur astronomers to start taking pictures of satellites or the ISS

Uh you can see some of that stuff with a telescope or naked eye pretty much.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby ericberry14 » March 23rd, 2017, 6:44 pm

CraigKressel wrote:
ericberry14 wrote:I'd like for indepent amateur astronomers to start taking pictures of satellites or the ISS

Uh you can see some of that stuff with a telescope or naked eye pretty much.

Take some pics for me then. All the pics we have of the earth show none of that stuff. I guess because they are photoshopped.... but they have to be to make a round picture of the earth. For whatever reason
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Citronauts_Knights » March 23rd, 2017, 6:57 pm

MIAMIDOMINATION wrote:Dont pictures from space prove other wise?

If you watch the videos, one of the official pictures of the Earth has duplicated cloud patterns in the picture, like someone just copy/pasted the clouds on the picture.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Citronauts_Knights » March 23rd, 2017, 7:02 pm

Carr2Cooper wrote:3 things thay debunk flat earth

The coriolis effect
Moon orientation
Gravity

The coriolis effect isn't really a thing. The way water swirls down a drain is dependent on how the water comes to the drain. You can change the direction of the swirl by changing the position of the water source. The video shows this.

What about the moon orientation?

The effects we supposedly feel from gravity could be explained by buoyancy. We are much more dense than air, so we sink to the ground. We sink slower in water because it is more dense than air. And in the Dead Sea, you might not even sink at all, because the high salt and mineral content of the water make it more dense than most human bodies.
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby Citronauts_Knights » March 23rd, 2017, 7:07 pm

As far as there needing to be a lot of people in on it...

We all know the government does shady shit. At least I think we all know that. And the government has 10s of thousands of people working for it, maybe 100s of thousands. Are they all in on it? Or is it just a few people at the top that really know what's going on, and they're feeding lies to the people down below?
Citronauts_Knights

Team Logo:
UCF Knights

Postby FlatEarth » March 23rd, 2017, 7:39 pm

It's really funny to see folks bring up Gravity when discussing Flat Earth when the only reason the theory of "gravity" was even brought to life was to help in their indoctrination globe earth bullshit. I can't fucking believe everything we thought we knew is total bullshit. I knew the Government was fucked and have known that for a long time. I also learned about these fucking super rich Jew fucks that control the entire world. Fucking baby penis sucking faggots... :facepalm

But this shit is on an entirely new level.

Globe earth is so fucking stupid after researching this shit.

Globe spinning at a 1000 MPH?
Globe spinning around the sun at 67,000MPH?
The sun racing through the galaxy at 600,000MPH?

Yeah, okay... Thanks for the education, Government controlled schools systems... :facepalm
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby MIAMIDOMINATION » March 23rd, 2017, 7:42 pm

20ozBulldog wrote:It's really funny to see folks bring up Gravity when discussing Flat Earth when the only reason the theory of "gravity" was even brought to life was to help in their indoctrination globe earth bullshit. I can't fucking believe everything we thought we knew is total bullshit. I knew the Government was fucked and have known that for a long time. I also learned about these fucking super rich Jew fucks that control the entire world. Fucking baby penis sucking faggots... :facepalm

But this shit is on an entirely new level.

Globe earth is so fucking stupid after researching this shit.

Globe spinning at a 1000 MPH?
Globe spinning around the sun at 67,000MPH?
The sun racing through the galaxy at 600,000MPH?

Yeah, okay... Thanks for the education, Government controlled schools systems... :facepalm

Controversial Circumcision Ritual Among Ultra-Orthodox Jews Is 'Unacceptable,' Says Mohel
Thursday, March 5, 2015 at 3:35 p.m.
By Irene Chidinma Nwoye
Controversial Circumcision Ritual Among Ultra-Orthodox Jews Is 'Unacceptable,' Says Mohel
Courtesy of Cantor Philip Sherman via website
A A

Facebook
Twitter
-
More shares
-
Print Article

Cantor Philip Sherman is exasperated.

During his 38-year career, the orthodox mohel has circumcised more than 20,000 infants in accordance with Jewish custom. But he's rattled by a practice, employed mostly by ultra-orthodox mohels, that involves orally suctioning blood from babies' penises after removing their foreskins with a scalpel. The process, known as metzitzah b'peh, gained public attention recently in the wake of Mayor Bill de Blasio's decision to repeal a controversial policy that required written consent from parents before a mohel performs the rite.

Under former mayor Michael Bloomberg in 2012, the health department instituted the consent-form policy after determining that direct oral suction could transmit infections to infants, causing them to fall gravely ill and, in extreme cases, die. The health department has identified seventeen laboratory-confirmed cases of neonatal herpes tied to the ritual since 2000. Of those incidences, two babies suffered brain damage and another pair died.
A mohel performing oral suction during the circumcision ritual
A mohel performing oral suction during the circumcision ritual
via YouTube

Sherman is quick to point out that the practice is only common among ultra-orthodox mohels, who make up a "severe" minority of the Jewish population, particularly here in New York City. "It's having a detrimental effect," Sherman says, complaining about how the extremist mohels give others, and the religion at large, a bad rap. "I'd like to shout it from the rooftops: Only a few mohalim do this! Ninety-eight percent of the mohalim out in the world don't do this."
Upcoming Events

New Jersey Devils vs. Carolina Hurricanes
Tickets
Sat., Mar. 25, 7:00pm
New Jersey Devils vs. Dallas Stars
Tickets
Sun., Mar. 26, 5:00pm
WWE Live Road to WrestleMania
Tickets
Sun., Mar. 26, 7:00pm
New York Knicks vs. Detroit Pistons
Tickets
Mon., Mar. 27, 7:30pm

What is most upsetting, Sherman says, is that there are now non-observant Jews who will not have a bris for their children because they think all mohels perform the controversial ritual.

According to Sherman, mohels from other factions of the Jewish community — Modern Orthodox, Conservative, Reconstructionist, and Reform — do not perform circumcisions with direct contact, and it's not a widespread practice in the Jewish community worldwide. People in ultra-orthodox communities want their mohels to perform metzitzah b'peh because they believe the circumcision is not "kosher" or legitimate without it. "They have elevated the custom to the status of a law," Sherman says.

Mohels like Sherman approach the bris much like doctors, he says. They inform parents of the risks involved and go about the procedure itself in a very clinical fashion: wearing gloves, autoclaving instruments, and using a pipette or gauze to drain or squeeze out the blood after the circumcision so that there is no direct contact. "I have an obligation not to do any harm. If I have a cold and I'm doing bris, I wear a mask," Sherman says.
ADVERTISING

In response to de Blasio's scrapping the consent policy, Sherman says the practice's greatest challenge has always been balancing parental rights and religious freedom with public health and safety. "Where do we draw the line?" he asks, admitting there isn't a clear-cut answer to resolving the issue. But he is clear on the metzitzah b'peh being "dangerous," a risk not only for the babies, but also for those who perform it, as the mohels themselves can contract diseases when they put their mouths on infant penises. "Blood-borne pathogens such as hepatitis B, hepatitis C, and HIV may be transmitted from an asymptomatic but infected neonate to the mohel," reads a 2000 report from the Pediatric Infectious Disease Journal [below].

Following negotiations, rabbis and the de Blasio administration were able to come to a more community-oriented agreement, in keeping with the mayor's promise to the Jewish community when he ran for office in 2013. According to the new terms, when a baby is diagnosed with the herpes simplex virus 1, the community will ask the mohel who carried out the circumcision to get tested. If his results are positive for the virus, then the health department steps in to test the mohel's DNA to determine if the herpes strain matches that of the baby.

"Our goal has always been to communicate risk associated with the practice of direct oral suction before a neonatal herpes case is identified," a health department spokesperson told the Voice. "What has changed is community support. Working with the community will improve our ability to communicate the risk associated with the practice of direct oral suction."

In the past, the health department has rarely been able to identify infected mohels who pass the HSV-1 infection to a baby. Even in situations where the infected mohel was identified, he would decline to be tested for evidence of the virus. Working with the community appears to be the only way to reduce cases of herpes in newborns.

It was also no longer practical to continue the Bloomberg-era consent form policy because, as a de Blasio administration official told Capital New York, the health department collected only one form in the two-plus years since the policy's enactment. And banning the practice altogether will only drive it underground.

The health department says it supports the mayor's "realistic strategy" to reduce cases of pathogens being transmitted through the ritual. A lot now depends on the approval of the board of health, and the health department plans to persuade the board to consider amending the city's health code.

The city will be asking the board to consider amending section 181.21 of the health code at a meeting on March 10. Upon approval for consideration, a public hearing and comment period will follow before the board decides to vote on the proposal.

Sherman agrees that involving the ultra-orthodox community is required to revise regulations for metzitzah b'peh. However, this doesn't let parents off the hook. In fact, culpability rests with the parents if a child ends up with an infection after the ritual is performed. "Parents should do their due diligence," he says. It's up to parents to research lists of mohels and decide on what type of procedure to have.

For Sherman, it's a matter of common sense: "We know that germs exist and germs can be contracted from person to person. Since I know that these germs exist, I'm not going to put my mouth on an open wound. It's unacceptable."
MIAMIDOMINATION

Team Logo:
Boston Red Sox

Postby FlatEarth » March 23rd, 2017, 8:04 pm

Fucked, right? :banghead
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby CraigKressel » March 23rd, 2017, 8:16 pm

Earth rotation can debunk it.

The sun wouldn't rise over the horizon, it would be like an instant on and off switch instead. Also the curvature of the earth was measured in ancient greece. You can measure the curvature of the Earth on your own.

Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the Earth without leaving Egypt. He knew that at local noon on the summer solstice in Syene (modern Aswan, Egypt), the Sun was directly overhead.
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » March 23rd, 2017, 8:19 pm

You can't deny it!

[ img ]
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby CraigKressel » March 23rd, 2017, 8:22 pm

CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FlatEarth » March 23rd, 2017, 8:22 pm

CraigKressel wrote:Earth rotation can debunk it.

The sun wouldn't rise over the horizon, it would be like an instant on and off switch instead. Also the curvature of the earth was measured in ancient greece. You can measure the curvature of the Earth on your own.

Eratosthenes calculated the circumference of the Earth without leaving Egypt. He knew that at local noon on the summer solstice in Syene (modern Aswan, Egypt), the Sun was directly overhead.

It's obvious you haven't done any research and are just spewing what you think you know about what you were taught, lol.

Don't worry. You'll get answers to every statement you just posted if you just watch the videos in this thread. I'll post a more simple-minded, shorter video when I get to the house. :2thumbs
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby FlatEarth » March 23rd, 2017, 8:28 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:You can't deny it!

[ img ]

You don't see the curve? Here, the line may help.

[ img ]
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Muck FcDisney » March 23rd, 2017, 8:31 pm

20ozBulldog wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:You can't deny it!

[ img ]

You don't see the curve? Here, the line may help.

[ img ]

That's Tom Brady's basketball. :youfail
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion