Is the Earth flat?

Moderator: JdPat04

Re: Is the Earth flat?

Postby FlatEarth » July 13th, 2017, 11:17 am

Sun is coming up. Go look at that fucker. Truly look at it and let me know if you truly believe that's 93,000,000 miles away...
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 13th, 2017, 12:08 pm

20ozBulldog wrote:Sun is coming up. Go look at that fucker. Truly look at it and let me know if you truly believe that's 93,000,000 miles away...

Considering the next closest star is about 25,000,000,000,000 miles away, seems about right.

Stars are pretty big, you know... oh wait, you don't! :ROFL
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FlatEarth » July 13th, 2017, 1:08 pm

25,000,000,000,000, you say? Where you hear that? NASA? :biglol yeah, that seems legit... :facepalm

Let's take the sky completely out of it as that's obviously not going to work. Where is the curvature? Why can you see the Statue of Liberty from over 60 miles away on a boat? How can you see the Chicago skyline from Michigan? How can you pull complete boats back into view that "sail over the curve?" Are these are mirages? Why does the horizon always rise to eye level regardless of altitude? There is spy plane footage of over 70k feet and the horizon is in line with the wing of the plane. Impossible on a ball 25000 miles in circumference. What about the balloon footage that show a flat, eye-level horizon? What about the cockpit camera on the red bull jump? Did they just forget the fish eye lens? Oops...

Where is the curve?
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby CraigKressel » July 13th, 2017, 1:38 pm

do you really believe this shit or are you just joking?
CraigKressel

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby FlatEarth » July 13th, 2017, 1:48 pm

Do you really believe you're on a ball (or a pear-shaped, oblate spheroid or whatever NASA claims today) spinning / whobbling at 1053MPH while flying around the sun at 66,600 MPH while the sun flies through the "galaxy" at 667,000 MPH while the "Galaxy" flies through "space" at 1.3 million miles per hour??? Or have you just been indoctrinated into believing that nonsense? Imagine what would happen if you opened your mind and actually researched what your government backed schooling has taught you about where you live? :thought
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 13th, 2017, 2:01 pm

20ozBulldog wrote:25,000,000,000,000, you say? Where you hear that? NASA? :biglol yeah, that seems legit... :facepalm

Solid rebuttal. You have evidence to the contrary? More YouTube videos uploaded from mom's basement by teenage non-scientists?

20ozBulldog wrote:Let's take the sky completely out of it as that's obviously not going to work. Where is the curvature? Why can you see the Statue of Liberty from over 60 miles away on a boat? How can you see the Chicago skyline from Michigan? How can you pull complete boats back into view that "sail over the curve?" Are these are mirages?

This has already been addressed multiple times in this thread. You ignored it, of course. Do you think boats really hover above the horizon? Probably... :roll:

20ozBulldog wrote:Why does the horizon always rise to eye level regardless of altitude?

The horizon doesn't move, regardless of the shape of the planet. Do you think the sun, moon, and clouds follow you around as well? :dog

20ozBulldog wrote:There is spy plane footage of over 70k feet and the horizon is in line with the wing of the plane. Impossible on a ball 25000 miles in circumference. What about the balloon footage that show a flat, eye-level horizon? What about the cockpit camera on the red bull jump? Did they just forget the fish eye lens? Oops...

Where is the curve?

Uh, you can't see the curve in these videos? K.

Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 13th, 2017, 2:03 pm

CraigKressel wrote:do you really believe this shit or are you just joking?

Who cares? It's hilarious either way.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FlatEarth » July 13th, 2017, 2:10 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
20ozBulldog wrote:25,000,000,000,000, you say? Where you hear that? NASA? :biglol yeah, that seems legit... :facepalm

Solid rebuttal. You have evidence to the contrary? More YouTube videos uploaded from mom's basement by teenage non-scientists?

Evidence? What are you spewing? Have you personally measured this out? Oh, you're taking NASA's word for it. The same agency that faked 6 moon landings? Got it. I guess that's more valid, so I'll concede to your indoctrination.

20ozBulldog wrote:Let's take the sky completely out of it as that's obviously not going to work. Where is the curvature? Why can you see the Statue of Liberty from over 60 miles away on a boat? How can you see the Chicago skyline from Michigan? How can you pull complete boats back into view that "sail over the curve?" Are these are mirages?

This has already been addressed multiple times in this thread. You ignored it, of course. Do you think boats really hover above the horizon? Probably... :roll:

What does pulling a ship back into view using a zoom proving they don't go over a curve have anything to do with boats hovering above the water? What are you even talking about?

20ozBulldog wrote:Why does the horizon always rise to eye level regardless of altitude?

The horizon doesn't move, regardless of the shape of the planet. Do you think the sun, moon, and clouds follow you around as well? :dog

The horizon should sink as you rise regardless of how big they claim this place is, but it doesn't. Ever. ImpossiBALL

20ozBulldog wrote:There is spy plane footage of over 70k feet and the horizon is in line with the wing of the plane. Impossible on a ball 25000 miles in circumference. What about the balloon footage that show a flat, eye-level horizon? What about the cockpit camera on the red bull jump? Did they just forget the fish eye lens? Oops...

Where is the curve?

Uh, you can't see the curve in these videos? K.

I'll watch the videos in a bit. Love how your YouTube info is valid, but mine isn't though. Good job, good effort... stay tuned for my opinion on those videos.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby FlatEarth » July 13th, 2017, 2:18 pm

I've seen the first video. The front window creates the curve, but the side doesn't. I guess that means that only parts of this place are curved then, right? Or could it be the glass? Yeah, that's what I figured.

Also, the second video is obvious and admitted fish-eye lens. Notice the cockpit camera showing a flat horizon as they couldn't use a fish-eye as it would curve the cockpit too, lmfao!! Nevada (or whatever state he jumped over) is fucking HUGE though! Half of it is curved like a mother fucker. Or is it the camera? :thought yeah... keep trying.

Speaking of that jump... how long did it take him to reach the ground? Add the speed at which the earth "spins" to that and try and figure out how he landed so close to where he started. Shouldn't planes go faster if they went with the direction of the "spin"? Why don't helicopters just hover and wait for their destination to show up underneath then?
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 13th, 2017, 2:45 pm

20ozBulldog wrote:I've seen the first video. The front window creates the curve, but the side doesn't. I guess that means that only parts of this place are curved then, right? Or could it be the glass? Yeah, that's what I figured.

Also, the second video is obvious and admitted fish-eye lens. Notice the cockpit camera showing a flat horizon as they couldn't use a fish-eye as it would curve the cockpit too, lmfao!! Nevada (or whatever state he jumped over) is fucking HUGE though! Half of it is curved like a mother fucker. Or is it the camera? :thought yeah... keep trying.

Speaking of that jump... how long did it take him to reach the ground? Add the speed at which the earth "spins" to that and try and figure out how he landed so close to where he started. Shouldn't planes go faster if they went with the direction of the "spin"? Why don't helicopters just hover and wait for their destination to show up underneath then?

I still see curve out of the side window in the first video. Agree that the second is fish eye.

Regarding spin, have you heard of physics? If you're going 35 mph in a truck and you jump (airborne for 2 seconds), do you think you'll land in the truck... or 103 feet behind it? I had difficulty explaining this to a 15 year old girl back in HS, but I'm convinced she was trolling me. ;)
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby ericberry14 » July 13th, 2017, 2:55 pm

:dog yeah we would only feel the earths movement if we were slowing down or speeding up.
ericberry14
Site Admin

Team Logo:
Ohio St Buckeyes

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 13th, 2017, 2:58 pm

ericberry14 wrote::dog yeah we would only feel the earths movement if we were slowing down or speeding up.

The lack of basic scientific knowledge is just...

[ img ]
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FlatEarth » July 13th, 2017, 3:18 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
20ozBulldog wrote:I've seen the first video. The front window creates the curve, but the side doesn't. I guess that means that only parts of this place are curved then, right? Or could it be the glass? Yeah, that's what I figured.

I still see curve out of the side window in the first video. Agree that the second is fish eye.

Regarding spin, have you heard of physics? If you're going 35 mph in a truck and you jump (airborne for 2 seconds), do you think you'll land in the truck... or 103 feet behind it? I had difficulty explaining this to a 15 year old girl back in HS, but I'm convinced she was trolling me. ;)

At 70,000 feet the horizon would be so far down it's not even funny. However, it's not. Why? 8in per mile squared from the eye of the observer on a ball 25,000 miles in circumference. Imagine how much horizon drop that would be when you started to rise. A mature balloon footage is out there at over 100k showing perfectly flat horizon because there is no cockpit to distort the image
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby FlatEarth » July 13th, 2017, 3:27 pm

Going 500 MPH at 35,000 feet, why aren't pilots having to constantly tilt the nose down to stay at that same altitude? Is that physics too? If you use a mechanical gyroscope as your artificial horizon to keep your level, how would it be possible to maintain that altitude without constantly having to aim the plane down? A half-mile a minute, mind you. They don't. Ever. Pilots admit they don't.
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby FlatEarth » July 13th, 2017, 3:29 pm

Just look at the simple ones. How the fuck can you see Chicago from across the lake over 60 miles away? The Rodgers center from the USA, the Statue of Liberty from over 60 miles away. ALL impossiBALL on a globe 25,000 miles in circumference
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby FlatEarth » July 13th, 2017, 3:32 pm

Oceans curve over this BALL, but always find their natural level everywhere else on earth?

"Gravity" is so powerful that it can hold oceans to the ball, but just weak enough for bugs to zoom around with ease?

I call bullshit... FLAT! As fuck
FlatEarth

Team Logo:
Georgia Bulldogs

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 13th, 2017, 4:09 pm

20ozBulldog wrote:
Muck FcDisney wrote:

At 70,000 feet the horizon would be so far down it's not even funny. However, it's not. Why? 8in per mile squared from the eye of the observer on a ball 25,000 miles in circumference. Imagine how much horizon drop that would be when you started to rise. A mature balloon footage is out there at over 100k showing perfectly flat horizon because there is no cockpit to distort the image

No.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 13th, 2017, 4:10 pm

20ozBulldog wrote:Going 500 MPH at 35,000 feet, why aren't pilots having to constantly tilt the nose down to stay at that same altitude? Is that physics too? If you use a mechanical gyroscope as your artificial horizon to keep your level, how would it be possible to maintain that altitude without constantly having to aim the plane down? A half-mile a minute, mind you. They don't. Ever. Pilots admit they don't.

Gravity.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby Muck FcDisney » July 13th, 2017, 4:13 pm

20ozBulldog wrote:Just look at the simple ones. How the fuck can you see Chicago from across the lake over 60 miles away? The Rodgers center from the USA, the Statue of Liberty from over 60 miles away. ALL impossiBALL on a globe 25,000 miles in circumference

Again, this has been explained already. Also, some days you can see it, some days you can't (even with good visibility).

Go back and read instead of asking the same stupid questions over and over.
Muck FcDisney

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

Postby FSUKW » July 13th, 2017, 5:13 pm

Muck FcDisney wrote:
20ozBulldog wrote:Just look at the simple ones. How the fuck can you see Chicago from across the lake over 60 miles away? The Rodgers center from the USA, the Statue of Liberty from over 60 miles away. ALL impossiBALL on a globe 25,000 miles in circumference

Again, this has been explained already. Also, some days you can see it, some days you can't (even with good visibility).

Go back and read instead of asking the same stupid questions over and over.

I wonder what elevations these landmarks are being seen from?

Can said person see statue of libery while floating in water at sea level or are they 60 to 100 feet up on a ship....:thought
FSUKW

Team Logo:
Florida St Seminols

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion